Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did YOU join Boards/Waterford City Forum?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

eeloe wrote: »
    i first joined up around 2002-2003, any time i searched for a topic on google or another search engine, there was ALWAYS a thread started about the topic here on boards.

I forgot the user name and password a couple of years later, and then i started this account when i felt the need to join up again.

you wouldn't get many topics about Techno though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Actually, just a quick question: Do you many of you venture out of the Waterford forum? I know a lot of people rarely post in the Waterford forum too except on special occasion!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

batm!ke wrote: »
    How long after joining did you become a Mod ziedth? And is there a backstory to the spoiler in your signature... I've always wondered! :D

I'd say I was about two years posting in here before the lads asked would I give them a hand I lurked about 3/4 years before that.

The "don't go to Geoff thing started a good few years ago in which I wasn't (and still not) a big fan of the place and that kinda led into me jokingly giving out to anyone who recommended it and it eventually went in my sig. Boring story I'm afraid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

AdMCOOLMM wrote: »
    Actually, just a quick question: Do you many of you venture out of the Waterford forum? I know a lot of people rarely post in the Waterford forum too except on special occasion!

I would say a good 75% of my posts are in here with the vast majority of the rest going into spurs,movies,TV and I give advice in PI if I feel I can help. I read AH/COOL VIDS all the time but barely post.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

old gregg wrote: »
    you wouldn't get many topics about Techno though :p

Aye, techno is quite an aquired taste, even here :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

AdMMM wrote: »

I would say 75% Waterford City Forum and the other 25% split between Radio, Call of Duty, Soccer, Cool Pics & Vids and Zombie Survival!! Yes, there is a Zombie Survival thread, hilarious too... although I don't always know if some people are joking or not...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I ventured into the Pro Wrestling forum for a short while and got stuck. I manage to escape every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im everywhere O_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i can,t remember why i joined but loved the place and could,nt leave, boardsies are just a very nice bunch and whatever info your looking for you,ll get it hear!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

If the nightlife thread had kept going at the pace it was, most of my posts would be in this forum. As it is most are in After Hours with this forum slightly behind. I actually rarely post here any more.

OT: My first post was in the Nintendo forum but I'd been lurking for a good while before that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

I had to think there for a while about why I actually joined cause the first thread I got involved in was removed lol (nothing to do with me!!!). I joined when the Waterford Come Dine with Me started as a friend had told me that there was some stuff on Boards about it so I thought I'd have a look. The Waterford forum is great for the city news updates and after a while, you feel like you're chatting to friends which is nice! Good sense of humour on it too!! I post mainly in this forum with a bit in Legal Discussion & AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

In the immortal words of Pink Floyd, I have always been here. (At least sometimes that's what it feels like.)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

First post was about PES I think, found the site through Google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I've known about boards for years now but just never knew it was so active, and whenever I visited the front page It put me off as it looked awkward so I just left, then back in 2010 I once again stumbled onto the page that lists all the boards and was like woah! Was amazed at the amount of boards on here, joined right away as many of them were interesting to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

I originally posted to try and win some competition thing (i didnt really know what boards was at the time but i liked the idea of a free electrical appliance).
    I moved to dublin in 2009 to go to college and my house mate was a big boards head. never really got into it until around this time last year when he started showing me how it works and in my naievity i started using it to challenge anyone who bad mouthed waterford (used to get fierce protective for some reason). then i kind of settled down and began to enjoy the sense of community on this forum.
    I also like to read after hours and the farming and forestry section, find new music in the band promotion section, also to ruffle a few feathers on the ucd forum every now and again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

So long ago I can't really remember! All I know is I was about 4 weeks pregnant ( according to my join date )

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

I joined back in 2008 mostly posted in the Accountancy (doing professional exams at the time and there was a good community of posters in the same boat) and found the Waterford forum great craic and has helped me out especially as I have been away from town for more than a year and a half and it keeps me up to date with the shenanigans.

When I started posting it was Accountancy, MMA, Waterford City forum but now I post mostly in Waterford and After Hours and lurk in the soccer forum as it is not worth the hassle posting there.

It's a great community and long may it continue here.

Odats wrote: »
    It's a great community and long may it continue here.

And so say all of us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I was told there would be blaas.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I was told there would be blaas.

15046317.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I actually joined adverts looking for a car back in 2008, I didn't realise at the time that I also now had a boards account. After about a year of lurking I appeared on the Waterford City Forum with a bang with this.

If I had to pick a favourite post of my own, that would be it.

I do a lot of posting in Waterford City and Wexford. The rest of the time I'll be in AH, CV&P&L, WIT and TV in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Jesus Christ, I never knew there were other forums on here.

b5364808-5eea-4355-bedc-6bfca4843e01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

I was browsing forums and got a laugh out of AH. I joined under the name Blaalarry when I saw the Waterfod forum.

I started the Thread, Jobs in Waterford, and I get a great kick when people post they've gotten a job.

But I only started it - it's you guys and gals posting and discussing on it are what makes it work and worth a visit. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

15046317.jpg

ya-rly001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I joined to talk about a Counter Strike, a pc game. That was along time ago now!

I cant remember why I joined but it was probably for a similar reason.

Yeah looks like that was it as here's the first thread I posted in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=349079 (Was really tempted to bump this thread :P )

Ah the good old days!

Ledger wrote: »
    I actually joined adverts looking for a car back in 2008, I didn't realise at the time that I also now had a boards account. After about a year of lurking I appeared on the Waterford City Forum with a bang with this.

If I had to pick a favourite post of my own, that would be it.

I take great pride in starting a popular thread!! :p When I first joined and posted on something I would constantly check back and see had anyone thanked me or quoted me! Ha!

I still do this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I take great pride in starting a popular thread!! :p When I first joined and posted on something I would constantly check back and see had anyone thanked me or quoted me! Ha!

[SIZE="1"]I still do this...[/SIZE]

Hahaha so do I.

michellie wrote: »
    Hahaha so do I.

We should start a thread appreciation... thread?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

We should start a thread appreciation... thread?! :D

:pac::pac: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055792927

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Started posting here just to keep in touch with whats going on back home as I'm based in Dub for the last 13 years..

I spend about 20% of my time posting in here, about 60% in TGC and the rest on various other places in here

Advertisement