Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ZyXEL NSA310 1-Bay NAS Media Server (With 500GB HDD) - €90.37 delivered [Dabs.ie]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

Hopefully that works for you. After a couple of similar episodes I just disabled The dropbox app again. I am contemplating trying to get ffp up and running on it when I get a chance so I might try and get it working again then.
    Word of warming though,if you do disable the app I don't know if you can reenable it again coz I have tried a couple of times since and it just freezes the NSA and I'm forced to do a reboot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

johnybean wrote: »
    Hopefully that works for you. After a couple of similar episodes I just disabled The dropbox app again. I am contemplating trying to get ffp up and running on it when I get a chance so I might try and get it working again then.
    Word of warming though,if you do disable the app I don't know if you can reenable it again coz I have tried a couple of times since and it just freezes the NSA and I'm forced to do a reboot.

Just have your torrent program put the file into the dropbox folder. It goes up to your dropbox and then down to your nas.

and yes you can reenable it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Just an update on my issues. The 9000 inactive tasks have now moved to the error tab so at least I can download again as normal and the CPU aint up at 100.

I've tried selecting all and deleting but it doesnt work. I can delete maybe 5-10 at a go so it could be a slow process. I'm pretty sure if I reboot the NSA those 9000 will move back to the inactive as that happened before.

Dropbox was definitely the cause of the issue. When I check the dropbox account online the zdownload folder had the 9000 torrent files. So I deleted those and disabled dropbox.

Just an update on my issues. The 9000 inactive tasks have now moved to the error tab so at least I can download again as normal and the CPU aint up at 100.

I've tried selecting all and deleting but it doesnt work. I can delete maybe 5-10 at a go so it could be a slow process. I'm pretty sure if I reboot the NSA those 9000 will move back to the inactive as that happened before.

Dropbox was definitely the cause of the issue. When I check the dropbox account online the zdownload folder had the 9000 torrent files. So I deleted those and disabled dropbox.

yes it is dropbox - it's replicating the file over and over again.
    just do not directly put a torrent into that folder on the NAS and it will not happen again.

jabberwock wrote: »
    yes it is dropbox - it's replicating the file over and over again.
    just do not directly put a torrent into that folder on the NAS and it will not happen again.

Thanks. Any tips for removing the 8950 tasks in the error tab. Dont want them to move back to the inactive tab if I reboot. Highlighting and deleting is hit and miss, works for about 10-15 at a time at most.

I tried SSH into the box and looks for them to delete in their but no luck. Manually doing them will take me days...

Thanks. Any tips for removing the 8950 tasks in the error tab. Dont want them to move back to the inactive tab if I reboot. Highlighting and deleting is hit and miss, works for about 10-15 at a time at most.

I tried SSH into the box and looks for them to delete in their but no luck. Manually doing them will take me days...

Try disabling the download service. Clear out anything in the torrent folder on the NAS and then re-enabling the download service.

Try disabling the download service. Clear out anything in the torrent folder on the NAS and then re-enabling the download service.

I have a couple of downloads currently running. Is it ok to delete those torrent files? I already deleted what I could and disabled and restarted the download service. The 9000 tasks moved back to the inactive tab. They are slowly moving their way back to the error tab :)

New Firmware for the 325 at least. 4.61
    Anyone tried it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

New Firmware for the 325 at least. 4.61
    Anyone tried it?

Read the changelog for the 320 presume it's more or less the same with only small fixes and nothing noteworthy ?
    4.70 looks more interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

where can you see the changelog for 4.70??

TheDriver wrote: »

Saw it on the zyxelforum.de a while back, can't find it now. But it will have support for owncloud built in, I remember that much.

Ste- wrote: »
    Saw it on the zyxelforum.de a while back, can't find it now. But it will have support for owncloud built in, I remember that much.
    I had to upgrade to 4.61 the other evening to get the 310 to recognise my new 3tb buffalo external drive. Upgrade did the trick but now I notice that the download service is duplicating files when download is complete and it's moving the completed file. E.G. When is finished downloading I will have
    /nsa310/buffalo/movies/"movie x"
    And inside that folder will be another folder with another copy of "movie x" inside it again. Kinda weird, maybe I'll just try and load ffp on it this evening

http://www.zyxelforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=5363

Found it. States what they hope to have for 4.70

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Sill no DVR utility to enable IP Camera recording, bummer :(

Firmware update version 4.61 available now, can't see any major additions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

For the last two weeks, the upload speeds dropped to a crawling, especially for big files while the download speed is unaffected, no matter what program I'm using to transfer the files (Explorer's one or Total Commander). I tried from two PC connected by cable and it's the same story. Also, some files are being corrupted during the (slow) transfer. I even upgraded to the latest FW but without any joy. Any ideas as to why it happened and a solution to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

iPhone. wrote: »
    Firmware update version 4.61 available now, can't see any major additions.

Has anyone taken the plunge and installed this on the NSA310. If so any feedback would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Im having problems upgrading from firmware version 4.51 ,

I cant upgrade via manual upload to the NAS or by connecting to Zyxzels' servers,

Anybody had similar issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Prompted by my nsa310, I tried upgrading to 4.61 yesterday and it froze about halfway through the installation. Eventually, I shut it down via the power button and it downloaded and installed fine second time round. I think this also happened during the installation of 4.51.

This appears to be the changelog - nothing there that rocks my boat.

Discovery:
     Discover all the NAS produced by ZyXEL under the same subnet.
    Configuration:
     Configures the following properties of NAS. Host name, Network configuration.
    Network Drive:
     Mounts the shares of NAS to the PC running NSU.
    Initialization:
     Guilds users to configure some properties of NAS and delete/create volume.
    zPilot:
     Auto-classify and upload files to some specific shares on NAS. If users drag a folder to
    zPilot, a dialog would pop up for users to select the target share. The source folder
    will be uploaded to the folder named with the date in the selected share. If users drag
    files to zPilot, the relation between the uploaded file type and the target share are as
    follows.
    Video type - /video/$DATE/
    Music type - /music/$ARTIST/$ALBUM/
    Photo type - /photo/$DATE/
    Torrent type - /admin/download/torrent/
    Other type - /public/$DATE/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Anyone having trouble with broadcatching from ShowRSS?

All my auto added tv show torrents are coming up as errors and not auto downloading.

• Advertisement

Access wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble with broadcatching from ShowRSS?

All my auto added tv show torrents are coming up as errors and not auto downloading.
    If you go back a couple of pages this issue was addressed, sorry can't link as on phone but it's fairly recently.

If you go back a couple of pages this issue was addressed, sorry can't link as on phone but it's fairly recently.

Cheers... read back and altered setting as required. Thanks... i didnt even spot that and i would read this thread regularly!

Cheers... read back and altered setting as required. Thanks... i didnt even spot that and i would read this thread regularly!
    No bother, glad you got sorted

Just another thing...

Since updating to firmware 4.61 i noticed my IP filter table/list file needs to be added to the NSA again... but i have forgotten where i got my last one is was so long ago.

Anyone have an up to date table/list linky?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

What does the IP Filter do?

Not to sound smart but it filters out IP addresses that are connecting to your box so when your downloading torrents, it can exclude certain IPs known to belong to companies finding out who you are or other suspect activity.

Not to sound smart but it filters out IP addresses that are connecting to your box so when your downloading torrents, it can exclude certain IPs known to belong to companies finding out who you are or other suspect activity.

Yep... thats it in a nut shell.

Anyone got a link to an updated list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

That answered my question with just the right level of smart. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Yep... thats it in a nut shell.

Anyone got a link to an updated list?

http://www.iblocklist.com/lists.php

I use those lists ^^ to update Peerblocker, I just got myself an NSA325 and am in the midst of setting it up.
    I have transmission up and running with remote transmission on Android.

I need some tips however with regard to getting polkast up and running?
    I keep getting a ''service error encountered'' message via the webIF?

And also, I only seem to be able to add 1 list at a time to the IP filter(with the auto update option)?
    Is there an easy way to add multiple lists and have them auto-update?

Thanks for that banie01,

Has anyone come across a way to send torrents to the NSA while out and about via your mobile phone/work pc by using dropbox or email or similar successfully?

I know a boardsie earlier was having trouble with the NSA and dropbox where it kept pulling the same torrent file hundreds of times... dont fancy that!

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that banie01,

Has anyone come across a way to send torrents to the NSA while out and about via your mobile phone/work pc by using dropbox or email or similar successfully?

I know a boardsie earlier was having trouble with the NSA and dropbox where it kept pulling the same torrent file hundreds of times... dont fancy that!

Thanks.

Set up transmission then use transmission remote or one of the other many apps for mobile.
    I can add torrents via transgui on Android to download to my nsa320. Handy!

Set up transmission then use transmission remote or one of the other many apps for mobile.
    I can add torrents via transgui on Android to download to my nsa320. Handy!

+1
    Thats what I did, fairly straight forward to setup and with the NAS wired on UPC my transfer speeds are eyewateringly quick :)

I installed the transmission package onto the NAS, forwarded the ports neccesary(and gave over my dyndns to the NAS) and installed remote transmission onto my Android's and Laptop.
    Its a bit more to setup when 1 is used to utorrent, but it is IMO well worth it.
    I just need to figure out how to get transmission to do rss for tv series?
    Or is it best to use the broadcatcher plugin for that?

P.S if anyone has any idea why polkast won't run, or any troubleshooting tips I'd appreciate it.

banie01 wrote: »
    +1
    Thats what I did, fairly straight forward to setup and with the NAS wired on UPC my transfer speeds are eyewateringly quick :)

I installed the transmission package onto the NAS, forwarded the ports neccesary(and gave over my dyndns to the NAS) and installed remote transmission onto my Android's and Laptop.
    Its a bit more to setup when 1 is used to utorrent, but it is IMO well worth it.
    I just need to figure out how to get transmission to do rss for tv series?
    Or is it best to use the broadcatcher plugin for that?

P.S if anyone has any idea why polkast won't run, or any troubleshooting tips I'd appreciate it.

Don't mind me asking but why do you want polkast ?

Don't mind me asking but why do you want polkast ?

Was looking for an easy way to share some content on my NAS to a couple of Android and Ios devices and it seems to be a good way to share a couple of folders (Music/Movies) to a few devices without giving full device access.
    Or am I mistaken?
    Aside from setting up web publish share is there a better solution?

Was looking for an easy way to share some content on my NAS to a couple of Android and Ios devices and it seems to be a good way to share a couple of folders (Music/Movies) to a few devices without giving full device access.
    Or am I mistaken?

For music I have subsonic set up.
    For general file sharing I just use ftp.
    Used polkast when I first got it and found it a real memory hog.

Or am I mistaken?

Ste is right... polkast is a hog and revs up the NSA to 100%

I have "ES file explorer" app on my android to browse/play files from the NSA310 when in range of my home wifi on my phone...

Best app i have on my phone... (i also have XBMC on the phone, but ES file explorer is just quicker to navigate like you would navigate to your Nas folders from your laptop etc.)

Its in the google play store for free.

(can also transfer/move movies/tv shows to my phone from the Nas and visa versa using it too... so i have something to watch on the commute to work).

I have "ES file explorer" app on my android to browse/play files from the NSA310 when in range of my home wifi on my phone...

Best app i have on my phone... (i also have XBMC on the phone, but ES file explorer is just quicker to navigate like you would navigate to your Nas folders from your laptop etc.)

(can also transfer/move movies/tv shows to my phone from the Nas and visa versa using it too... so i have something to watch on the commute to work).

I have es explorer and xbmc too, great apps!
    Its not an issue accessing anything on my own end in particular
    Its not for my own devices, its more for some tech challenged family out foreign who need their Irish TV fix, so ideally I want to set them up with a quick and easy share access to their device, one that wont have my troubleshooting endlessly on Skype if ya get me ;-)

I have es explorer and xbmc too, great apps!
    Its not an issue accessing anything on my own end in particular
    Its not for my own devices, its more for some tech challenged family out foreign who need their Irish TV fix, so ideally I want to set them up with a quick and easy share access to their device, one that wont have my troubleshooting endlessly on Skype if ya get me ;-)

FTP for the win then.

Since i upgrade to the newest firmware on the nsa, whenever i go to the nsa on my phone browser while im on wifi in the house, i get the silver mobile type login page and not the standard blue type as i would get on my laptop.

I know i had to edit the address for the nsa on my phone browser before... Anyone have a fix/edited address for this as i prefer the standard blue login page as i can do more with on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Anyone know of an IOS equivalent (that isn't Polkast)?

Since i upgrade to the newest firmware on the nsa, whenever i go to the nsa on my phone browser while im on wifi in the house, i get the silver mobile type login page and not the standard blue type as i would get on my laptop.

I know i had to edit the address for the nsa on my phone browser before... Anyone have a fix/edited address for this as i prefer the standard blue login page as i can do more with on it.

They seem to have changed the address with this firmware alright, try this,

x.x.x.x/r39679,/adv,/loginwrap.html

Or alternatively this should work too, advantage of this addy being if you were logged in and want to re-login before being timed out it will give you auto entry.

x.x.x.x/r39679,/adv,/admin/

Obviously replacing the x's with your own local ip addy.

They seem to have changed the address with this firmware alright, try this,

x.x.x.x/r39679,/adv,/loginwrap.html

Or alternatively this should work too, advantage of this addy being if you were logged in and want to re-login before being timed out it will give you auto entry.

x.x.x.x/r39679,/adv,/admin/

Obviously replacing the x's with your own local ip addy.

Spot on Iphone. The first address worked - thanks for that!

Can you set your phone browser to ''request desktop site'' ?
    I know you can do this in chrome, and it will skip the mobile optimized pages if there is a desktop version available.

Does anyone know if it is possible to set an alias for the broadcatching feature?
    I usually use ezrss.it to get RSS feeds for episodic content however when I add rss feeds to the broadcatching plugin
    They all add ''ezRSS.it'' as the channelname rather than seperately identifiable channel names.
    Whilst all the content downloads, due to the same channel names I can't set the content to move to the correct directory on completion as when I select say the channel I use for Atlantis, the move on completion options copy across to all other channels to meaning all the completed downloads are then copied to the directory I set for a single show.
    Due to the ezRSS channel name the directory edits I make for each show seem to applied globally?
    I know on utorrent I avoid this issue by using alias, is there any way to this on the NSA-325?
    Or is there a better broadcatching plugin available?
    Or is it possible to install utorrent or an rss capable torrent client other than transmission(Which doesn't do RSS natively)

quarryman wrote: »
    Anyone know of an IOS equivalent (that isn't Polkast)?

None that i have found... we have an ipad so i have looked into this but haven't come across any app/program to do the same.

Its just apple and their lock everything down ways.

Can you set your phone browser to ''request desktop site'' ?
    I know you can do this in chrome, and it will skip the mobile optimized pages if there is a desktop version available.

Does anyone know if it is possible to set an alias for the broadcatching feature?
    I usually use ezrss.it to get RSS feeds for episodic content however when I add rss feeds to the broadcatching plugin
    They all add ''ezRSS.it'' as the channelname rather than seperately identifiable channel names.
    Whilst all the content downloads, due to the same channel names I can't set the content to move to the correct directory on completion as when I select say the channel I use for Atlantis, the move on completion options copy across to all other channels to meaning all the completed downloads are then copied to the directory I set for a single show.
    Due to the ezRSS channel name the directory edits I make for each show seem to applied globally?
    I know on utorrent I avoid this issue by using alias, is there any way to this on the NSA-325?
    Or is there a better broadcatching plugin available?
    Or is it possible to install utorrent or an rss capable torrent client other than transmission(Which doesn't do RSS natively)

Sorted now... but i did firstly try the "request desktop site" but no go on the browser on my phone... just gave me the "silver" login page.

Iphones address as above worked fine and i get the "Blue" login screen now so happy days.

On the broad catching task though... i just leave all completed tasks go to the downloaded folder and then later when i get around to it during the week i go into that folder and correct the file names with "the Renamer" program and manually transfer them to their respective folders using the NSA browser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ive not used mine in ages and changed laptops etc.

Is there any way of retrieving the username and password to access the NAS?

thx

has anyone changed over to the new showrss site? Can we use magnet links or what? Can't seem to get settings to work even though they worked fine on the old site

Ive not used mine in ages and changed laptops etc.

Is there any way of retrieving the username and password to access the NAS?

thx

Not sure about retrieving the current password,

This resets the NSA to the factory default configuration. All settings you have configured on the NSA, including IP address, password, user accounts, groups, and so on will be reset to the factory defaults. The reset process does NOT affect the volume settings, nor data stored on the NSA.

Steps:

Press the RESET button until you hear two beeps.
    After the second beep, continue pressing the button for five more seconds
    then release it. You will hear three quick beeps after you release the button.

You should be able to log in with the factory default user - admin and password - 1234 then and make any changes you need to.

has anyone changed over to the new showrss site? Can we use magnet links or what? Can't seem to get settings to work even though they worked fine on the old site

Managed to get it working again using the feed that doesn't include magnets. I find the torra.ws feed is only one that works for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Not sure about retrieving the current password,

This resets the NSA to the factory default configuration. All settings you have configured on the NSA, including IP address, password, user accounts, groups, and so on will be reset to the factory defaults. The reset process does NOT affect the volume settings, nor data stored on the NSA.

Steps:

Press the RESET button until you hear two beeps.
    After the second beep, continue pressing the button for five more seconds
    then release it. You will hear three quick beeps after you release the button.

You should be able to log in with the factory default user - admin and password - 1234 then and make any changes you need to.

That worked for me ..thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement