Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ZyXEL NSA310 1-Bay NAS Media Server (With 500GB HDD) - €90.37 delivered [Dabs.ie]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I'm only getting 1 beep and its not resetting. It may be down to what I'm trying to use to push it in- a pointy knife/ pen/knitting needle.....and ideas:confused:

Try a pin

Like iphone said hold it in until you hear the double beep then hold it in some more till you hear a series of beeps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Access wrote: »
    Try a pin

Like iphone said hold it in until you hear the double beep then hold it in some more till you hear a series of beeps.

Got it working thanks. Used a meat thermostat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I never managed to resolve the crap transfer rates on mine. Does anyone else get 2-3MBs?
    It makes transferring large files a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

quarryman wrote: »
    I never managed to resolve the crap transfer rates on mine. Does anyone else get 2-3MBs?

I'm with you on this one, large files take ages to transfer and what's worse, sometimes they get corrupted. Just shooting in the dark here, but maybe it's the fact that as the hard disk gets to its capacity limit, it slows down :confused: ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Unsure lads!

I've got a 2TB drive in mine that's probably 1/4 full - but read/write speed at close to capacity would suffer definitely.

If possible, I do all my downloading via the box anyways using torrents and the like so I don't do a whole lot of copying but when I do, it's never as slow at 2-3 MB's a second.

It's been behaving relatively OK lately bar last Monday morning, I had ShowRSS scheduled to get the last 'Breaking Bad', and woke up at 7.30am and it never downloaded. Not happy, but a restart sorted it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

I don't have the torrent set up to download on the NAS, not even the RSS feeds. I use it just to store media on it so it's not getting that much use anyway. My server I'd say it's close to 90% full, that's why I was just thinking that it might act funny while close to full capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

quarryman wrote: »
    Is this from a different machine, over a wired connection? You could just turn on the FTP server on the NSA and connect using Filezilla or WinSCP

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Anyone having trouble with 720p TV downloading from ShowRSS? I dont seem to get any into my feed. I've setup a about 10 shows in my favourites and my feed has a limit of HD only. The only one that's worked in the last few weeks is thankfully Breaking Bad. Even when I check on the 'Your Shows' page on ShowRSS shows like Big Bang and Modern Family have a non HD version but no 720 version.

Anyone else seeing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

On your showRSS page on the top right of the page, try clicking 'Toggle filters'

that should sort you out.

Fecking showrss not working again...

Download service on the NSA showing all errors.

Seems showrss are migrating to another site and the global settings have all changed again.
    Has anyone a solution on how to get this working again/what setting on showrss to pick?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

you must go to their new website and set up the feed as before, just remember to pick the torra.ws I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

TheDriver wrote: »
    you must go to their new website and set up the feed as before, just remember to pick the torra.ws I think

Thats the new www.showrss.info site? Rather than the showrss.kamorra.info one yes?
    Because I set up there a couple of weeks ago and I'm having problems now too with failed downloads.
    I have magnets enabled, torra.ws selected as the link mirror and while the broadcatching plugin is picking up the new content,
    The download service is failing out on errors constantly.

Showrss feeds have been very flakey for me for the last few weeks and I'm using ezrss a lot more.
    Although with that it needs a channel setup for each individual show rather than the slick interface of showrss where you can setup your feed with each show and follow a single Rss channel

banie01 wrote: »
    Thats the new www.showrss.info site? Rather than the showrss.kamorra.info one yes?
    Because I set up there a couple of weeks ago and I'm having problems now too with failed downloads.
    I have magnets enabled, torra.ws selected as the link mirror and while the broadcatching plugin is the picking up the new content,
    The download service is failing out on errors constantly.

Showrss feeds have been very flakey for me for the last few weeks and I'm using ezrss a lot more.
    Although with that it needs a channel setup for each individual show rather than the slick interface of showrss where you can setup your feed with each show and follow a single Rss channel

Yep... Thats exactly whats happening to me.

Im using the torra.ws feeds too as earlier told in this thread.

I don't think i enabled magnets to be honest and it worked on Mon night for me anyways. I did have 2 strange things last week where the torrent said downloaded but no sign of it on the HDD however don't think i have troubles other than that. Will check it later at home....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Has anyone got Transmission on the NSA310 working with showRSS feeds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Jilm wrote: »
    Has anyone got Transmission on the NSA310 working with showRSS feeds?

Transmission doesn't do feeds, you have to run a different package to pull down the feeds. I found a guide online but couldn't get it working.

nedd wrote: »
    Transmission doesn't do feeds, you have to run a different package to pull down the feeds. I found a guide online but couldn't get it working.

As Nedd says transmission doesn't have any built in rss functionality.
    You can use the transmission push option in Showrss to push the feed to your transmissision client but from what I can see its a very hit and miss afair, showrss only sends the link once and if your client isn't active it misses it and showrss doesn't resend.
    To get rss running with transmission you need to use a seperate plugin (flexget or similar) and I don't know if this is available for the Zyxel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

I got it working last night. We'll see how reliable it is.

For those interested, you'll need to install the Transmission package (NSA310 system settings>firmware package>package... the list might need refreshing).

Under showRSS settings>Transmission push.
    This feature has been tested with Transmission 2.77. You must have the web interface enabled (RPC), a password set, whitelist disabled (all IP allowed) and the web port open. Intended for routers, NAS and seed boxes (always online). The magnet will be pushed to your client.

Jilm wrote: »
    I got it working last night. We'll see how reliable it is.

For those interested, you'll need to install the Transmission package (NSA310 system settings>firmware package>package... the list might need refreshing).

Under showRSS settings>Transmission push.

The part that bothers me about using the transmission push feature in ShowRSS is that you have to disable your whitelist thereby losing a layer of protection immediately? Unless I'm reading it wrong?(Which is quite possible!)

All my ShowRSS downloads are still failing out with the error code 0x20000006 Unknown Error
    I'm at a loss as to what the cause is now?
    Using the new showrss.info site with torra.ws as the mirror and magnets enabled.

• Advertisement

I think you need magnets disabled. I am getting some downloading for me, others aren't I posted on the blog and showrss said there are some issues with torra.ws. Hopefully they will be sorted out soon.

For record, I got blue bloods and Hawaii 5-0 downloading but it failed to download criminal minds and law and order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

I installed transmission from the packages/firmware tab and with it enabled I am getting cpu usage of 100% all the time on the main admin page. anyone else come across this

Never mind, levelled out to 20% again:o.....transmission is pretty sweet:cool:

For those of us having issues with the broadcatching/download service and ShowRSS feeds it seems the solution is as follows:
    showRSS
    21/10/2013
    @banie01, @wroadd, @DriverTanner: if any ZyXeL NAS user cares to send in more information (the feed, the errors, screenshots of everything, what they've tried) by email, I'll see what I can do.

Either way: if you set the mirror to reflektor, and use the no-namespace, no-magnet feed, I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

So I have checked and changed my feed to the reflektor mirror and selected no namespaces and no magnets as my feed and I can happily report that it is happily downloading away again, with no hash fails or errors.

banie01 wrote: »
    For those of us having issues with the broadcatching/download service and ShowRSS feeds it seems the solution is as follows:

So I have checked and changed my feed to the reflektor mirror and selected no namespaces and no magnets as my feed and I can happily report that it is happily downloading away again, with no hash fails or errors.

No go here... all errors the past few nights using the reflektor mirror with no namespaces and no magnets.

Added them manually to the download service which is fine, but would like it to run like it had previously done for the past few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Do the streaming channels on plex work with this or is it only content saved on it that it can stream to plex ?

I am getting no errors the last few nights using torra.ws on showrss however the big test the last few weeks is the Wed night shows so we'll see tomorrow

• Advertisement

Got ShowRSS working at last. Have left it running for a couple of days and no errors (yet)
    Here are some screenshots of my settings and the link I used, may be of some help to someone.
    277426.png
    277427.png
    277428.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

johnybean wrote: »
    Got ShowRSS working at last. Have left it running for a couple of days and no errors (yet)
    Here are some screenshots of my settings and the link I used, may be of some help to someone.

Cheers for those - Any chance you could upload a higher quality pic?

(If you have the time)

Edited original post with better res pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    Do the streaming channels on plex work with this or is it only content saved on it that it can stream to plex ?

Anybody able to help me before I order one ? I have a skynow tv box with plex and using my laptop to stream content to it but this isn't very practical .I see people have plex installed on their nas in this thread but not sure what it can do . Is it able to directly stream content from the plex app store without the need of a laptop or does it just stream videos saved on to the nas hard drive?

johnybean wrote: »

Cheers johnybean,

Tried your settings and all is back up and running as it should be now.

• Advertisement

Firmware update 4.62 now available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Do you need to have a hard-drive installed in order to do the update? At the moment, I just plug in an external hard drive.

When I access the UI through my browser sometimes it mentions about an update but I'm not sure how to install it.

Can any one let me know how to install updates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

iPhone. wrote: »
    Firmware update 4.62 now available.

Anything there to get excited about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

polaris68 wrote: »
    Anything there to get excited about?

Only found the following.

Features
    Modification in 4.62(AFO.0)C0 | 10/08/2013 fix the issue that GUI fails to switch language to Thai

Ste- wrote: »
    Only found the following.

Features
    Modification in 4.62(AFO.0)C0 | 10/08/2013 fix the issue that GUI fails to switch language to Thai

FINALLY..................................:p

They have to be taking the piss with that firmware update alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    Anybody able to help me before I order one ? I have a skynow tv box with plex and using my laptop to stream content to it but this isn't very practical .I see people have plex installed on their nas in this thread but not sure what it can do . Is it able to directly stream content from the plex app store without the need of a laptop or does it just stream videos saved on to the nas hard drive?

I have Plex Media server installed on my Nas and downloaded the Plex Media client to my Smart tv. It works very well now after some network related teething problems. The best thing sbout it apart from the metadata (synopsis, art etc.) downloads IMO is that you can configure Plex to automatically refresh the Nas to find new content. I installed in order, Plex, Sabnzbd, Sickbeard & Couchpotato to the Nas and now I can control these apps from my Smart phone. So to answer your question it streams movies and tv shows very well from the Nas

• Registered Users Posts: 19 don630

manster wrote: »
    I have Plex Media server installed on my Nas and downloaded the Plex Media client to my Smart tv. It works very well now after some network related teething problems. The best thing sbout it apart from the metadata (synopsis, art etc.) downloads IMO is that you can configure Plex to automatically refresh the Nas to find new content. I installed in order, Plex, Sabnzbd, Sickbeard & Couchpotato to the Nas and now I can control these apps from my Smart phone. So to answer your
    question it streams movies and tv shows very well from the Nas

Could you guide us on the direct path how to install plex and couchpotatoe on this nas..would greatly appreciate the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Wouldn't mind an idiot's guide to this myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

don630 wrote: »
    Could you guide us on the direct path how to install plex and couchpotatoe on this nas..would greatly appreciate the help

Ok. The following are the guides I used on my NSA310 v4.40. I got it working with a very rudimentary knowledge of Unix commands (e.g. cd, cd .., pwd, ls -l). Also this guide is NZB rather than Torrent specific but can be used by either. For Torrent users, ignore SabNzbd & Sickbeard.
    • Download free copies of Putty & Filezilla from the web.
    • You need to get root access to NAS (you may have telnet access by default) so get ffp installed (don't bother messing about with USB stick version and install it directly) to the NAS. Use this blog . Note by root access I mean that you login with the username root rather than the username admin.
    • Install Plex using using the following site
    • Install Sabnzbd, Couchpotato, Sickbeard using the auto-install scripts / steps on this guide from this site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

if anyone is interested I am selling my diskless one here

http://adverts.ie/4339537

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

if anyone is interested I am selling my diskless one here

http://adverts.ie/4339537

They can be got new for €58.90 on amazon.de .........................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Snowc wrote: »
    They can be got new for €58.90 on amazon.de .........................

Actually,

€67.33 delivered to Ireland
    €63.38 via Parcel Motel

Still cheaper and new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

didn't realise that! I guess you can just offer me less than 63€ then! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

No personal sales guys, that's what adverts is for........

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Back on ibood.ie for 49.95 +postage , looks like facelift model :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Has anyone managed to securly and remotly access the files on the NSA310? I got it working via FTP using noip but I want to use a secure method. I have come across ideas like webdav or setting up a VPN server on the router but I don't even know where to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

bromley52 wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to securly and remotly access the files on the NSA310? I got it working via FTP using noip but I want to use a secure method. I have come across ideas like webdav or setting up a VPN server on the router but I don't even know where to start.
    You could install FFP. You'll need to use the telnet backdoor to enable ssh. Once that's up and running, you can use WinSCP to access the files over SFTP

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Just stuck the 2 bay version NSA320, which i ordered last week, up as a separate post. Wasnt sure if it was enough of a bargain to put it up but at €71 its a no brainer over the single bay at €63.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057119874

• Advertisement

Just to let people know as I've not seen it posted the 4.70 FW update has been released, I haven't been able to find a changelog as yet but I'm installing it as I type.

Advertisement