Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ZyXEL NSA310 1-Bay NAS Media Server (With 500GB HDD) - €90.37 delivered [Dabs.ie]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I would guess Media Server

Try connect to port 9001 on the NAS and see if it brings up Twonky
    Excuse my ignorance, by connect, what do you mean?

From my laptop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

In internet explorer or windows explorer can't remember which or both.
    Type in the address of the server so for example 192.168.0.10 or whichever i.p. address it's on.
    See if it connects then.

Twonky will be like this, 192.168.0.10:9001

Ste- wrote: »
    In internet explorer or windows explorer can't remember which or both.
    Type in the address of the server so for example 192.168.0.10 or whichever i.p. address it's on.
    See if it connects then.

Twonky will be like this, 192.168.0.10:9001
    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.9:9001

As I said, I can still access the admin panel, but the NAS has disappeared from my xbox and other linux box and I can watch movies from it any more around the house.

What should I do now?

TheChevron wrote: »
    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.9:9001

As I said, I can still access the admin panel, but the NAS has disappeared from my xbox and other linux box and I can watch movies from it any more around the house.

What should I do now?

In the admin panel check the shares under the sharing list. Can you attach a screenshot so we can have a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

My Box has stopped working, seems to be stuck in a boot loop, was perfect for last 6 months and all of a sudden now its arsed.
    power on, boots then resets , continues every 20 seconds. with or without hdd's connected.

Gutted is an understatement! hope my hdd's are ok, have no way to check them,

had 2 x 2TB in raid 1 setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

phobia2011 wrote: »
    My Box has stopped working, seems to be stuck in a boot loop, was perfect for last 6 months and all of a sudden now its arsed.
    power on, boots then resets , continues every 20 seconds. with or without hdd's connected.

Gutted is an understatement! hope my hdd's are ok, have no way to check them,

had 2 x 2TB in raid 1 setup.

Have you tried a factory reset using the recessed button at the back? This won't affect your HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Can anyone point me to where there are good instructions on how to change a hard drive in one of these (in my case the 310). It seems to be very complex. Thanks!

bromley52 wrote: »
    Have you tried a factory reset using the recessed button at the back? This won't affect your HD.

Factory reset does not seem to be responding!:confused::(

held button in but heard no beeps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

johnwd wrote: »
    Can anyone point me to where there are good instructions on how to change a hard drive in one of these (in my case the 310). It seems to be very complex. Thanks!

You might want to back up what's on the drive first to any spare drive space over the network

1. Turn over the NAS and remove the screw from the base at the front.

2. Turn rightside up and the front face should slide off pulling gently from the top (take care as the front USB protrudes through the plastic). The drive is held in place by a retaining screw inside the casing so don't pull it at this stage.

3. Remove the four screws one in each corner on the bared front plate and slowly pull it forward half way out of the housing - the drive will follow. Remove that chrome retaining screw securing the top edge of the drive to the housing and the drive can be pulled out of enclosure.

4. Insert the new drive the right way up to ensure the power and data connection coincide.

5. Screw back the chrome screw and settle the drive back on its connections in the base with the front plate flush again. Add back the four screws, the front face clips back from bottom to top and put the black screw in the base.

6. Reattach power and ethernet. Turn on - restart the NAS Starter Utility and click 'Nas Discovery' on the bottom left front screen which should allow you click the 'Run Initialization Wizard' link to format the drive. If there's any data on this drive already it will be lost.

styron wrote: »
    You might want to back up what's on the drive first to any spare drive space over the network

1. Turn over the NAS and remove the screw from the base at the front.

2. Turn rightside up and the front face should slide off pulling gently from the top (take care as the front USB protrudes through the plastic). The drive is held in place by a retaining screw inside the casing so don't pull it at this stage.

3. Remove the four screws one in each corner on the bared front plate and slowly pull it forward half way out of the housing - the drive will follow. Remove that chrome retaining screw securing the top edge of the drive to the housing and the drive can be pulled out of enclosure.

4. Insert the new drive the right way up to ensure the power and data connection coincide.

5. Screw back the chrome screw and settle the drive back on its connections in the base with the front plate flush again. Add back the four screws, the front face clips back from bottom to top and put the black screw in the base.

6. Reattach power and ethernet. Turn on - restart the NAS Starter Utility and click 'Nas Discovery' on the bottom left front screen which should allow you click the 'Run Initialization Wizard' link to format the drive. If there's any data on this drive already it will be lost.

Really appreciate your taking the time to reply, however I screwed up and should have said Anyone any idea about how to shift the setup on an existing drive onto a new drive prior to installing it ... I don't want to lose my setups on the existing drive and I don't have the space to copy it off onto anything but the new drive ... which will be formatted the minute I insert it into the NAS... hope this makes sense and someone can help.
    Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Considering this thread started in 2012 are these still worth getting? I'm currently using a RPi as a NAS but wouldn't mind something a bit more professional. The main reason is because it's so small but this looks fairly tidy too.

Considering this thread started in 2012 are these still worth getting? I'm currently using a RPi as a NAS but wouldn't mind something a bit more professional. The main reason is because it's so small but this looks fairly tidy too.

I'm currently having an issue with mine,
    Before yesterday I couldn't recommend highly enough. But until I can resolve my issue the jury is out. At least I'm still under guarantee!!!!

I got mine a while back adn still going strong.
    Only issing being I've 1.7TB left free so might have to upgrade next year or so.
    Very handy but no transcoding support for plex and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Really appreciate your taking the time to reply, however I screwed up and should have said Anyone any idea about how to shift the setup on an existing drive onto a new drive prior to installing it ... I don't want to lose my setups on the existing drive and I don't have the space to copy it off onto anything but the new drive ... which will be formatted the minute I insert it into the NAS... hope this makes sense and someone can help.
    Thanks again.

You could maybe get two cheap external HDD caddy's and put the hdd from the Zyel in one and a new empty HDD in the other and look for some cloning software to clone one drive to the other.

May take ages, but might be worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

Thanks again.

Thanks for the clarification - I'd assumed you'd meant the hardware mainly because when you RTFM there's nothing about changing drives and as you can't copy/sync the original into a new one - enlarging the drive and migrating data back on to the 310 isn't a consideration for zyxel - pretty sure they see it as a baby/starter NAS.

You can't migrate anything to the new drive without initializing & formatting the new drive first as per the wizard. You can still transfer data from the old to new drive directly after that but if you've a laptop you'll need one usb enclosure or access to a windows desktop with two sata drive bays is even better.

Your existing configuration settings can be backed up locally to your PC first -
    From the Admin login click Maintenance => Configuration and you'll see a 'Backup Configuration Settings' to a .rom file. Restoring it is pretty straightforward too.

(One caveat - it is volume dependant in that when restoring your configuration it checks volume info stored in the configuration file against the volume it finds. I don't know if it will be strict and not accept the larger volume. If not you might be able to temporarily reduce the new volume size, restore you saved configuration settings and upsize the drive after. I'd take a number of .rom snapshots of the old drive for added insurance also.)

After initialising the new drive in the NAS put the old drive into the USB enclosure attached to your system or into the second sata drive bay of the desktop. In order for your system to be able to read and transfer the old drive's Ext3 formatted data to the NAS you need to install an ext file driver and manager: EXt2fsd

Install the .exe -enable write support for ext2 & forced writing support for ext3. Once started the old drive is recognised and useable in Computer - I drag and drop to the zPilot (can't get the faster file browser option to work) which copies to the NAS for me at 8 MBps. (It sometimes takes a couple of minutes to kick off - with the zpilot flatlining at 0MBps in the meantime.)

Another alternative for the desktop - is to take out the OS drive and put both NAS drives into the system - load opensource partedmagic (default 32) into ram using the bootdisk, mount both drives (ie. 'Model:Linux Raid ... ext4' for both drives) and copy and paste files from old disk to the (pre-formatted) new one before placing it back in the NAS. Files copied over at 45-55 MBps(!) for me.

edit - unaware partedmagic is now shareware - one of the last freeware versions: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/parted_magic.html

Whichever route you go - hold on to the old hard drive for some time before wiping in case there are any glitches ie. test thoroughly files on the new drive first.

styron wrote: »
    Thanks for the clarification - I'd assumed you'd meant the hardware mainly because when you RTFM there's nothing about changing drives and as you can't copy/sync the original into a new one - enlarging the drive and migrating data back on to the 310 isn't a consideration for zyxel - pretty sure they see it as a baby/starter NAS.

You can't migrate anything to the new drive without initializing & formatting the new drive first as per the wizard. You can still transfer data from the old to new drive directly after that but if you've a laptop you'll need one usb enclosure or access to a windows desktop with two sata drive bays is even better.

Your existing configuration settings can be backed up locally to your PC first -
    From the Admin login click Maintenance => Configuration and you'll see a 'Backup Configuration Settings' to a .rom file. Restoring it is pretty straightforward too.

(One caveat - it is volume dependant in that when restoring your configuration it checks volume info stored in the configuration file against the volume it finds. I don't know if it will be strict and not accept the larger volume. If not you might be able to temporarily reduce the new volume size, restore you saved configuration settings and upsize the drive after. I'd take a number of .rom snapshots of the old drive for added insurance also.)

After initialising the new drive in the NAS put the old drive into the USB enclosure attached to your system or into the second sata drive bay of the desktop. In order for your system to be able to read and transfer the old drive's Ext3 formatted data to the NAS you need to install an ext file driver and manager: EXt2fsd

Install the .exe -enable write support for ext2 & forced writing support for ext3. Once started the old drive is recognised and useable in Computer - I drag and drop to the zPilot (can't get the faster file browser option to work) which copies to the NAS for me at 8 MBps. (It sometimes takes a couple of minutes to kick off - with the zpilot flatlining at 0MBps in the meantime.)

Another alternative for the desktop - is to take out the OS drive and put both NAS drives into the system - load opensource partedmagic (default 32) into ram using the bootdisk, mount both drives (ie. 'Model:Linux Raid ... ext4' for both drives) and copy and paste files from old disk to the (pre-formatted) new one before placing it back in the NAS. Files copied over at 45-55 MBps(!) for me.

edit - unaware partedmagic is now shareware - one of the last freeware versions: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/parted_magic.html

Whichever route you go - hold on to the old hard drive for some time before wiping in case there are any glitches ie. test thoroughly files on the new drive first.
    Hey thanks for taking the time to write this up - you've given me a couple of options to think about. Looks like there's no real easy way to do this, which is a pity - the zyxel has been good to me but I pulled the trigger and ordered a HP microserver N54L this evening from Dabs. I've a couple of 1TB, a 2TB (in the NSA310) and a 4tb that I was planning on moving to the NSA310, I've managed to convince myself that I'll be saving money in the future by being able to reuse the 2TB drive in the new box as well as sticking the 1TB drives in other cages and being able to share them out too ... I might be even able to do some backups with all the storage I'll hopefully have. What I'll defo do is take your advice and hold off on doing anything with the 2tb drive until I know the new setup is working! Thanks again - you're the kind of person who makes boards great.

I have the NSA310S and I'm trying to install FFP. I copied the web_prefix file into the admin/zy-pkgs folder but alas it doesn't show up in the package management. I even got the ffp zpkg file but that didn't work either.

To be honest I'm not even sure whether I need it since I have already enabled PyLoad, Transmission and nzbGet.

:edit: Never mind I got it installed through Media Repository! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭billyfromdublin

I have the NSA310S and I'm trying to install FFP. I copied the web_prefix file into the admin/zy-pkgs folder but alas it doesn't show up in the package management. I even got the ffp zpkg file but that didn't work either.

To be honest I'm not even sure whether I need it since I have already enabled PyLoad, Transmission and nzbGet.

:edit: Never mind I got it installed through Media Repository! :)

hi m8 can I please ask how you did it as I have the same probs as you had

cheers

Sure thing...I just used something called Media Repository:

http://zyxel.nas-central.org/wiki/3rd_party_zypkgs#MetaRepository

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭billyfromdublin

Sure thing...I just used something called Media Repository:

http://zyxel.nas-central.org/wiki/3rd_party_zypkgs#MetaRepository

thanks tried that just cant get it to show up

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Delboy5

I see some people have Plex server installed on these........most of my downloads at home are 480p MKV's will this NAS work for me or will i have transcoding issues trying to view these on Android devices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

My NSA325 died or at least is not working right. Keeps rebooting itself. Trying to use the Forums over on NAS Central to get some help.
    Hopefully can get the drives accessible through a linux distro so I can move them on to something else.
    Trying to decide to get a 325V2 or not.

jabberwock wrote: »
    My NSA325 died or at least is not working right. Keeps rebooting itself. Trying to use the Forums over on NAS Central to get some help.
    Hopefully can get the drives accessible through a linux distro so I can move them on to something else.
    Trying to decide to get a 325V2 or not.

What lights are on the box ?
    Can you login to teh web panel ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Folks,
    I'm looking for a little advice on setting up a web share?
    Previously I would share a media folder via FTP with my brother across the web however now I'm looking to share that particular folder with a few other people.

What is the best way to this?
    Ideally I'd like to allow web access to just that specific folder, with a user name/password combo.
    Whats the best way to allow this on the standard Zyxel Firmware?

I've tried the web-publishing option but as far as i can make out his jus publishes the share, it doesn't allow username/password access?
    Unless I'm missing something obvious....

banie01 wrote: »
    Folks,
    I'm looking for a little advice on setting up a web share?
    Previously I would share a media folder via FTP with my brother across the web however now I'm looking to share that particular folder with a few other people.

What is the best way to this?
    Ideally I'd like to allow web access to just that specific folder, with a user name/password combo.
    Whats the best way to allow this on the standard Zyxel Firmware?

I've tried the web-publishing option but as far as i can make out his jus publishes the share, it doesn't allow username/password access?
    Unless I'm missing something obvious....

Down the left there's a groups / shares options. Have a looksie in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Delboy5 wrote: »
    I see some people have Plex server installed on these........most of my downloads at home are 480p MKV's will this NAS work for me or will i have transcoding issues trying to view these on Android devices?

I was running plex but I decided the performance wasn't brilliant and I had a spare desktop so I'm running the plex server on that and just mapping a drive and it is working like a dream (not ideal but works for me).

What lights are on the box ?
    Can you login to teh web panel ?

power light comes on, blinks once and stays solid for about 2-3 mins. It then blinks off and stays solid again. Rinse/repeat.

Doesn't appear to get far enough in to boot to pick up a USB with a old firmware (apparent possible fix).

power light comes on, blinks once and stays solid for about 2-3 mins. It then blinks off and stays solid again. Rinse/repeat.

Doesn't appear to get far enough in to boot to pick up a USB with a old firmware (apparent possible fix).

Have you tried taking both drives out and trying to boot that way ?
    With or without a usb stick ?
    Maybe creat an ffp stick adn try boot that with no hard drives isntalled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Down the left there's a groups / shares options. Have a looksie in there.

Have done, but for some reason whenever I activate a web publish share and specify user access rather than admin access the web interface itself stops working.
    I get to the zyxel log on screen and after login the connection just times out.
    I'll just carry on with FTP access via web for the time being I think and hope that the folks I want to share with can just get their heads round filezilla ;)

Have you tried taking both drives out and trying to boot that way ?
    With or without a usb stick ?
    Maybe creat an ffp stick adn try boot that with no hard drives isntalled.

done and no luck. removed the battery from the board overnight to let it reset everything. Reset button at the back doesn't appear to do anything either.

USB stick was meant to allow me to go back to 4.50 firmware but the box doesn't appear to get far enough in to pick it up. Losing hope at this point.

Have set up a ubuntu box but don't have the skills needed at the moment to mount the 3tb drives. Will have more time at the weekend to research it.

• Advertisement

i had a similar problem, luckily i was still under guarantee, so got replacement. i asked over on nas central and was told it could be fixed, but it required skills that were above my head.

http://forum.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=249&t=15799&p=86719&hilit=nsa+325+v2+keeps+rebooting#p86719

LOL, that was one of the posts that I was using. >.<
    phobia2011 wrote: »
    i had a similar problem, luckily i was still under guarantee, so got replacement. i asked over on nas central and was told it could be fixed, but it required skills that were above my head.

http://forum.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=249&t=15799&p=86719&hilit=nsa+325+v2+keeps+rebooting#p86719

For anyone having issues with Flickr on NSA310 or other models there are hotfixes available. Flickr changed from http to https causing the problem

http://www.zyxelforum.de/*hotfix*-flickr-service-funktioniert-nicht-*alle-modelle*-t7484.html

Download the relavent .bin file and add it to the NSA as a firmware update.
    Once the update is finished the green system light will start flashing. If it does not stop flashing after about 15min, turn off the NSA and restart. After about 5 min it should stop flashing. This worked for me and now I can link to my Flickr account.

Hi there,

Ever since I updated to the latest firmware (ages ago) I have been unable to access the device as a dlna device on my xbox etc.

Does anyone know how to fix this or know where I would get an older version of the firmware?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Since upgrading to a gigabit router, my NSA310 is frequently crashing when I am transferring a file from my PC to the NAS HDD. It transfers at around 40 MB/s, the NAS CPU usage shoots up to 100% and then it crashes. I have to pull the power to get it to respond, the button on the front will not turn it off.

I've had to switch back to a CAT5 cable and transfer at 11 MB/s for now. But would anyone know if there is a setting I have to change somewhere to stop it crashing, or can I limit the speed so it does not reach 40 MB/s and crash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

If you go here you could post to the German support guys who may be able to help.

http://www.zyxelforum.de/nsa300-serie-f168.html

Let google translate be your friend on this site. When I go to the site using Chrome it automatically translates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Oat23 wrote: »
    Since upgrading to a gigabit router, my NSA310 is frequently crashing when I am transferring a file from my PC to the NAS HDD. It transfers at around 40 MB/s, the NAS CPU usage shoots up to 100% and then it crashes.

By any chance do you have "Jumbo frames" enabled in the network settings?

Other thoughts are that one of the media servers, like Plex or the like, is trying to scan the file while it's being copied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I know its late notice... But for anyone looking for the 310S... (not sure of the differences between the 310 i have and this newer looking 310S) but itson ibood till midnight for 29.99 +del

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product-specs/1066/2330/zyxel-nsa310s-1-bay-media-server.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Having a weird issue with my NSA310 since yesterday whereby the Admin screen is completely greyed out when viewed through Chrome. It works fine through Internet Explorer.

Has anyone else come across this issue before?

Have you tried the 'Request desktop site'?

• Advertisement

Anyone know the drive size limit for the NSA310? - Whats the biggest it supports?

I have a 3tb WD in it at the moment and might want to go bigger - anyone tried a 4tb or larger in theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Access wrote: »
    Anyone know the drive size limit for the NSA310? - Whats the biggest it supports?

I have a 3tb WD in it at the moment and might want to go bigger - anyone tried a 4tb or larger in theirs?

Zyxel have a list of compatible disks here:

http://www.zyxel.com/ProductTab.shtml?pid=20130508092208&idx=9&c=gb&l=en

Hope this helps.

maximus02 wrote: »
    Zyxel have a list of compatible disks here:

http://www.zyxel.com/ProductTab.shtml?pid=20130508092208&idx=9&c=gb&l=en

Hope this helps.

Spot on... just the list i needed - seems to take a 6TB no problem!

Thanks maximus02

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Apologies in advance for resurrecting an old thread, I tried posting the problem in the servers sub-forum, but thought here will be more Zyxel users. ANyway, I'm having problems with the external HD connected to the NAS, in that the external HD is not recognised by the PC when I connect it straight to PC.I tried reformatting the HD through the NAS interface, but when connected to PC, Windows can't see the HD properly, it doesn't assign any letter to it.
    Any help would be appreciated.

m4r10 wrote: »
    I tried reformatting the HD through the NAS interface,

This part is probably the problem. The NAS box doesn't use the same file system as Windows.

I'm actually getting a new NSA325 in the next few days and can test it but iirc, you want to use your external as a normal windows format if you plan on moving it back and forth from the nas/pc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

This part is probably the problem. The NAS box doesn't use the same file system as Windows.

I'm actually getting a new NSA325 in the next few days and can test it but iirc, you want to use your external as a normal windows format if you plan on moving it back and forth from the nas/pc.

THe external HD was formatted as a NTFS, which Windows should see without problem. I wont move the HD back and forth, just once off as I got a bigger HD to use with the NAS. And anyway, the external HD needs to be formatted at first time use through NAS interface in order to be used, so that's not something you'd want to do very often.

Back to the point, I "think" i got a breakthrough, I formatted the HD as a EXT4, then used Ext2Mgr program to assign a letter to it, and finally was seen in WIndows. As we speak, I have Windows formatting it. Fingers crossed all goes well. I'll update the thread at the end.

PS. It works with the method I tried on, so happy days.

m4r10 wrote: »
    THe external HD was formatted as a NTFS, which Windows should see without problem. I wont move the HD back and forth, just once off as I got a bigger HD to use with the NAS. And anyway, the external HD needs to be formatted at first time use through NAS interface in order to be used, so that's not something you'd want to do very often.

Back to the point, I "think" i got a breakthrough, I formatted the HD as a EXT4, then used Ext2Mgr program to assign a letter to it, and finally was seen in WIndows. As we speak, I have Windows formatting it. Fingers crossed all goes well. I'll update the thread at the end.

cool, I'll be doing something similar myself when I get my new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I have a 325 with ages and it is working away grand.
    I upgraded from win 7 to win10 recently and have an issue you may be able to shed some light on?

On win7 when transferring files between laptop and nas I would see speeds of around 11mb?

Since upgrading I now am lucky to see 2.4 on wireless and 500kbs on wired.

Any suggestions?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jpmad4it

hi all. I seem to be having an issue with my NSA310 (lateset firmware 4.70 I think).

It seems to be the Twonky media server which is the issue.

When it is running it seems to hog the CPU. My CPU is always at 100% usage. If I turn off Twonky, the CPU load is around 5%.

I noticed that if I start to stream a movie on another device (TV, phone etc) using Twonky the movie plays fine, but it also seems to remove my NSA310 from the network.....so if I want to play another movie I have to re-toggle Twonky off and then on again.

I've noticed that when I start Twonky and go to the Twonky settings page, it states that Twonky is scanning the media directories. I've left this running overnight a few times and it just seems to hang / crash...... this might explain the issues I am having and also other people are having?

I read a blog about editing the twonkysettings.ini file to change the thumbnail cache settings. Apparently Twonky tries to create thumbnails for all photos on the drive, hogging the CPU and finally crashing. Anyway the changes didn't work for me. I guess I could exclude the photos directory from within the Twonky settings page, and see if it works. I don't really need photos available via DLNA.

Or I might install Plesk or minidlna :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone found a way to change the download location for the Transmission app on these?!

Advertisement