Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eireman X off road Triathlon & New Duathlon June 23rd

Options
  • 22-02-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Eireman X off-road Triathlon & Duathlon is on the new date of June 23rd in Courtown Harbour (near Gorey) Wexford.

The new Duathlon proved very popular last year and maybe some of the gang will take on the Tri this year...

Check out the course video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Zm74Q8zRk

This is a mountain bike or cyclo cross event. It is very doable!! Feedback has told us that people think it's difficult. If you have skills in off-road biking you'll do better than if you don't.... ;) But everyone gets around! No soldier is left behind and no one has ever been injured doing it (touch wood!)

This is a small intimate race of 200. Entry is limited.
    Feedback from competitors tells us that it's in their top 3 races they have done.

One day licences are not required for the event in an effort to keep the cost to competitors down. It is insured independently

Finally, this might be the last year of the event if we don't see an uplift in the participation. Hopefully not - but we have to be practical.

More details at www.eireman.org

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭eoin ryan

The entry fee has been dropped to
    €35 for Tri
    €25 for Duathlon
    No more Tshirts unless you wish to purchase one.
    No one day licence required.
    Still limited to 200
    www.eireman.org
    23rd June
    Get your mountain bike out of the garage....
    :)

Just over one week to go....
    If you would like to have a crack at a rather unique race don't miss out :)
    Video gives a flavour of what makes it unique http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Zm74Q8zRk

We have a Duathlon run-bike-run as well if you don't fancy the swim

Might see some of ye on the 23rd June

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Would loved to have done it but didnt hear about it in time, signed up for another race on same weekend now. Next time I'll be there.

Just to let ye last min folk know...
    We can take entries on the day. We'll take them at registration between 8am and 9.30am. This is for the Triathlon €35 & Duathlon €25
    No one day licence required as its insured independently so we can do this...:D
    Weather looken good too (finally)
    www.eireman.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Looking forward to this! Can you organize similar sea conditions to Bray last night? A nice north flowing tide to float everyone's boat :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Well the sea was a fair bit choppier! Very good course, plenty of marshalls out guiding on the muddy root and branch forest bike loop. The run was truncated from 5k to 2.5k, owing to one of the river crossings having too much swell and current, but the mud! the rivers! Great race, hope it continues.

PS My bike was covered- literally- in several cms of mud at the finish. Racked it on the back of my car, spot a power carwash driving through Gorey, had a lightbulb moment, and voila! Best €3 I ever spent:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 armen tamzarien

really enjoyed todays race well done to all concerned, hopefully the sucess will be repeated next year !, by the way did anyone notice the really large STAG grazing in the woodland on the second run , he really was huge , very scary looking !!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Really enjoyed the race today great course and fun crossing the river well done lads

Thanks for feedback
    Results are up here http://redtagtiming.com/

Photos http://pixelspromotions.zenfolio.com/p511636697 Some really good ones in fairness Mark!

I'll write a report when i get a chance from an organisers side. Some funny stuff went down....

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭w123

What a brilliant race!
    I hate swimming and running, ie. never put any time into either, but the bike course was hugely enjoyable. Any mountain bikers who want to get into tri this is the event for you!

Put it in your diaries for next year folks, this has to be one of the most enjoyable and laid back races on the calendar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement