Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting your products Nationwide/Worldwide

Options
  • 22-02-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I was in the local Post Office yesterday pricing up items for nationwide/wordlwide delivery.

Packs will be sent in A5 size envelopes. What I found strange is that she quoted the same price for both nationwide/worldwide €2.70

I'd appreciate if you could share the following:

How do you send your A4/A5 packs both nationwide/worldwide?

How much do you charge for P&P?

Do you use stamps or a franking machine?

Do you register/insure your items?

Do you have many customers saying they did not receive the goods?

Thanks
    BB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

sounds like they are calling this a small packet and it is quite a light weight.

Check the exact size.

Assuming the UK & Rest of worls was 2.70, the irish rate should be 2.20 or possibly the weight was borderline.

If it is less than 25mm thick, then it goes as a large envelope and prices are different.

All details here http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/PostalRates/Standard+Post.htm

Once you get the correct rate, just go into the po and ask for x number of stamps with the value you want on them (they now print any value stamps) - then post them yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Could be worth checking out the rate across the border if you have or are going to have a lot of volume. I could be wrong but I think there was a post on that a few weeks back and it was cheaper. Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭millymash12

BizzyBlog wrote: »
    I was in the local Post Office yesterday pricing up items for nationwide/wordlwide delivery.

Packs will be sent in A5 size envelopes. What I found strange is that she quoted the same price for both nationwide/worldwide €2.70

I'd appreciate if you could share the following:

How do you send your A4/A5 packs both nationwide/worldwide?

How much do you charge for P&P?

Do you use stamps or a franking machine?

Do you register/insure your items?

Do you have many customers saying they did not receive the goods?

Thanks
    BB

1. I have an account with citypost, u have to be doing high volumes to avail of it.

2. Free. Include the p and p in your price. Keep it simple for your customers. I personally hate been caught out at checkout

3. If using an post, pick up a roll of stamps or a booklet of registered stamps from your local an post

4. Always register and insure the packets. I v had massive headaches from trying to cheap it up with standard post.

5. When I first started out before Xmas 2009 i was sending standard post packets with a ratio of 1 in 10 would get lost, or customer saying they didn't get. And I couldnt prove anything with no tracking number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

1. I have an account with citypost, u have to be doing high volumes to avail of it.

2. Free. Include the p and p in your price. Keep it simple for your customers. I personally hate been caught out at checkout

3. If using an post, pick up a roll of stamps or a booklet of registered stamps from your local an post

4. Always register and insure the packets. I v had massive headaches from trying to cheap it up with standard post.

5. When I first started out before Xmas 2009 i was sending standard post packets with a ratio of 1 in 10 would get lost, or customer saying they didn't get. And I couldnt prove anything with no tracking number
    I have been sending things unregistered for the last 5-6 years or so daily and I have had less than 10 items missing, I have literally probably saved thousands on postage.

But again, this all depends on the value of the items you're selling and if you can afford for them to go missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭millymash12

I reckon an post staff were selling them, I was using a fancy custom designed padded envelope, must have made staff curious to know what was inside, I also thought that customers were outsmarting me by saying they didn't get the delivery so I had to resend.at the end of the day when you use unregistered post there is no way for you to know if ur customer got it or not and no way of your customer believing you when you tell them you sent it. If you can afford to resend everytime a packet gets lost then grand, but think of how frustrating it will be when something goes missing, it causes alot of confusion and looks bad on your part. If your selling on eBay, this cam have a very bad effect on your feedback, ebay stresses using a reliable traceable service, and cannot protect you against negative feedback.

• Advertisement
Advertisement