Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Edition Beano for Sale in Dublin €7,500

Options
  • 22-02-2012 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Just spotted this ad on buyandsell.ie and thought wow, what a lovely item.
    Thought the price was a bit high at first but then did some research and it seems the same one was sold for £12,000+ sterling a few years ago..! (news article about the sale here)

Would love to see full scans of this - can't afford to drop €7,500 on a comic. (if someone here buys it is your moral duty to show us all!!!)

2121926_01_product_detail_large.jpg?1329841897
    2121926_02_product_detail_large.jpg?1329842376

2121926_03_product_detail_large.jpg?1329842378

View the full ad with contact details

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 poiuytsam

wow I was an avid reader of the beano many years ago and the victor ! brings backs memories

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Grian1

Wow. My brother was a huge fan. He would buy it every week with his own money. Then me and my other brother would come along to sneak a read without paying anything. He was furious when he found out. I felt a bit sorry for him. I ended up buying him that week's Beano. He kept a close eye on me from then on. He had a collection he bought for two years. Then he decided it was childish. He stilll goes up the attic to read it though.

Advertisement