Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medical to training

• 22-02-2012 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi everyone, I passed my medical 3 weeks ago and I'm Now waiting (patiently) for a date to start training. I'm wondering 1. How long it usually takes for this to happen, in your experience? 2. Does anyone know if there is an intake coming up?

Good luck and thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

One group just started phase 1 earlier this month so the next will probably be in May or June.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055798306&page=46

• Registered Users Posts: 23 atreyugk

Thanks for that how long does it take from medical to getting the date for training do you know?!

It varies. I think they wait till they have enough people through the background checks and medical stage to make up a full intake. Shouldn't be too long anyway!

Hi guys it turns out it doesn't take that long! I did the medical 3 weeks ago and had begun to settle in for a long wait for the invitation. However about 20 mins ago I received an email inviting me to start training at the end of march! I am Obviously delighted... Looking forward to the start now I hope to see some of you down there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭robo008

Did the medical last week... training in march aswell cant believe it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭halfback5

got invited to training on the 22nd march :P

Congratulations to us :-) ill be seeing you down there I'm interested to know how the last group got on last month!

A celebration is in order! The waiting is over!

robo008 wrote: »
    A celebration is in order! The waiting is over!

Agreed!

atreyugk wrote: »
    Agreed!

just have to have a word with the boss tomorrow to try and get the time off work, then celebrations hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

halfback5 wrote: »
    atreyugk wrote: »
    Agreed!

just have to have a word with the boss tomorrow to try and get the time off work, then celebrations hopefully!

Lads this isn't the proper thread but can anyone tell me how Long you's are all waiting to get called for medical from when all background checks we're done. :-)

Wow congrats lads, didnt think there'd be another intake so fast!

smiley963 wrote: »
    Lads this isn't the proper thread but can anyone tell me how Long you's are all waiting to get called for medical from when all background checks we're done. :-)

2 years since my 1st interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

robo008 wrote: »
    smiley963 wrote: »

2 years since my 1st interview.

Jesus that was long, hope I'm not waiting that long. :-)

halfback5 wrote: »
    Time booked off work BOOM :cool:

Advertisement