Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Basic question on speaker wire

• 22-02-2012 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm doing a bit of rewiring and have found that one of the wires i use for my logitech surround speakers is too short for where I need it to go now.

I'm a noob when it comes to the wires / cables involved in sound set ups etc, so looking for some information on what I need to get and where I can get it.

It's a thin black copper wire with two connectors at each end, one tagged red, one black. I was looking online for something similar but came up against things like various gauge ratings etc, which I have no clue about.

Can someone tell me what I need, and where I can get it, either online or off? I need about 25ft.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If the speaker only uses 2 cores then simply extend it with any 2 core flexible cable. Depending on the power rating (if they are say less than 30W) then any 0.5mm or 0.75mm mains flex would suffice I think. Just be careful to insulate the join and ensure you maintain the polarity - (+) to (+) and (-) to (-) etc.

Can you post the model numbers for the speaker system ?

Ken

Advertisement