Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help

Options
  • 22-02-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Just wondering does anybody know someone with a tow truck that will tow my car from Ferrybank to kilmeaden cheap enough?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sadly there is no such thing as a cheap tow truck,

M&B in Woodstown do it
    Ph: 051 382170 / 086 3298598

Heffernan's Recovery
    Cleaboy rd Tycor Co. Waterford
    (087)2423143

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

John Casey in Kilmeaden Tractors (near Haughtons pub) has a tow truck. His number is 086 2116086/ 051 384242

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

If the car is broken down your insurance company might arrange the tow for nothing. Worked for me a couple of weeks ago, great service - tow arrived within 30 minutes of me ringing and I paid nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

or if you know anyone with AA membership ask them would they get it recovered for ya, only thing is they,ll have to be present when its being done and throw em a few quid for the favour, i,d do that only i don,t know ya!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

sillysocks wrote: »
    If the car is broken down your insurance company might arrange the tow for nothing. Worked for me a couple of weeks ago, great service - tow arrived within 30 minutes of me ringing and I paid nothing.

How does this work,

I'm covered for breakdowns but if I breakdown in the middle of know where (and could be late at night) do they just tow car to nearest garage and leave any passengers stranded.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 yankadi

Here's a great service , used them recently (most others are cowboys) I didn't keep the name as it was night and too much drama going on... anyway really nice guy and they do motorway breakdowns too, think they've a flat cost of €60 , no is : 0872723809

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

danjo-xx wrote: »
    How does this work,

I'm covered for breakdowns but if I breakdown in the middle of know where (and could be late at night) do they just tow car to nearest garage and leave any passengers stranded.:(

It'll be in your policy documents. Some will cover accomodation costs and stuff. Depends company to company

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Not sure, mine was daytime and I had our second car to use as backup. The tow people just asked where I wanted the car towed to, I wanted it to go to my local mechanic rather than main dealer and that was no problem. Not sure if there's a limit on how far away garage can be.

Worth calling the insurance company you use and asking. I had no idea about it until my mechanic 'refused' to tow it and said to ring insurance crowd instead so I wouldn't have to pay.

Advertisement