Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham Asylum

Options
  • 22-02-2012 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Playing the above again since i stopped in April last year, had a decent session over the weekend but noticed that the frame rate dropped to unplayable levels and switched the game off. Is this normal for the PS3? have not tried since and have no other issues as playing F1 was perfect.

Was hoping the PS3 is not on the way out.

thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Any chance the disc is scratched/dirty? Whenever I've had performance issues with particular games it's usually come back to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Can't remember having any issues with either batman tbh!
    At least not that made it unplayable!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 GameBeaker000

BrookieD wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Playing the above again since i stopped in April last year, had a decent session over the weekend but noticed that the frame rate dropped to unplayable levels and switched the game off. Is this normal for the PS3? have not tried since and have no other issues as playing F1 was perfect.

Was hoping the PS3 is not on the way out.

thoughts?
    Sorry I can't help you with your problem, but listen to this. Batman Arkham Asylum has an inescapable level. When travelling from cave to cave after Batman (SPOILER!!!) goes to stop Poison Ivy, I went back into the cave you exit from and glided onto the pathway leading to the Batcave and a vent, both leading to blocked routes. They made this inescapable. You can't go back to the cave because it's too far away with a colossal drop between the exit and you. The cave is 15m away and 6m up, I'd say. So if you try a new game and try this, reply and see if YOU find a way out, I can't play Batman Arkham Asylum now and I tried Batman Arkham City first. -GameBreaker000

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

^
    What

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Sorry I can't help you with your problem, but listen to this. Batman Arkham Asylum has an inescapable level. When travelling from cave to cave after Batman (SPOILER!!!) goes to stop Poison Ivy, I went back into the cave you exit from and glided onto the pathway leading to the Batcave and a vent, both leading to blocked routes. They made this inescapable. You can't go back to the cave because it's too far away with a colossal drop between the exit and you. The cave is 15m away and 6m up, I'd say. So if you try a new game and try this, reply and see if YOU find a way out, I can't play Batman Arkham Asylum now and I tried Batman Arkham City first. -GameBreaker000

errrmm yeah ok :rolleyes:

Disc clean and the frame rate was still poor. Have noticed however the fan on the PS3 kicking in a lot sooner that normal recently. really loud as well. Might crack open the case and give it a clean and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,987 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Playing back through it myself but no frame-rate issues. For a few days the fan was kicking in earlier than normal but those were on the really hot days we had a few of there recently. Give the fans a clean and plenty of space, hopefully that's all that's wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

He spelt his username wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Youngtree

Just picked up the GOTY Edition myself on friday last for €30 (XtraVision)
    I know its a bit of a rip-off but .. when ur in the mood to play something.. u just gotta play it :)
    My friend even had it but he was in galway so there's no way I was waiting til I got down n borrowed etc :F

I think i'll wait until the City GOTY is out (September 16th?) before I go any further into it.

Hi all, GameBeaker000 here. You may have noticed my problem with Batman: Arkham Asylum. I managed to get it fixed. Due to scratches and 4 hours of over-heating, Batman: Arkham Asylum was inescapable. But, after three hours, two baby wipes, five desk fans, 16 different game walkthroughs and a VERY detailed map of where I was stuck, with the help of my cousin, we escaped. I successfully completed Batman: Arkham Asylum and here's my game review: It was a good game with a good story-line, but Batman: Arkham City had a better ending. Mega Joker? That was just weird. Third one will be out 2014, so reply to which game YOU think is better!
    (P.S, SantryRed? Who said I was a he? ...But I am :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hi all, GameBeaker000 here. You may have noticed my problem with Batman: Arkham Asylum. I managed to get it fixed. Due to scratches and 4 hours of over-heating, Batman: Arkham Asylum was inescapable. But, after three hours, two baby wipes, five desk fans, 16 different game walkthroughs and a VERY detailed map of where I was stuck, with the help of my cousin, we escaped. I successfully completed Batman: Arkham Asylum and here's my game review: It was a good game with a good story-line, but Batman: Arkham City had a better ending. Mega Joker? That was just weird. Third one will be out 2014, so reply to which game YOU think is better!
    (P.S, SantryRed? Who said I was a he? ...But I am :D)

Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif

• Advertisement

ALRIGHT!!! I lied! I was going the right way the whole time and just assumed I was stuck! Don't tell. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S180TnYFY9Y
    Have fun with your laptop slamming lessons

Advertisement