Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series Seven Casting *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Cormic wrote: »
    I am embarrased to say I know her from Emmerdale. Wifey watches it so I cannot help but pay attention when a cute girl is on screen...

I'm embarassed that I also know her emmerdale- she was annoyingly always cheerful character- a bit like Rose Tyler. thought they would have gone for someone a bit older this time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm embarassed that I also know her emmerdale- she was annoyingly always cheerful character- a bit like Rose Tyler. thought they would have gone for someone a bit older this time.

Any time I saw her in Emmerdale she was far from cheerful. She's a decent actor from what I've seen.

I'm just looking forward to finding out who the character is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

For what it's worth, they did release an official photo of Coleman as the new companion; though I'm presuming they just had her stand infront of the TARDIS, wearing whatever she had on that day... lovely jumper!
    http://bbcamerica.tumblr.com/post/19790182877/the-first-official-doctor-who-photo-of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Isn't she adorable :3 bet she'll turn out to be a galactic librarian or something.

pixelburp wrote: »
    For what it's worth, they did release an official photo of Coleman as the new companion; though I'm presuming they just had her stand infront of the TARDIS, wearing whatever she had on that day... lovely jumper!
    http://bbcamerica.tumblr.com/post/19790182877/the-first-official-doctor-who-photo-of

She's going to fit right in. Mad jumpers seem to be very much favoured by the cast. :) I seem to recall a pheasant jumper Arthur wore in an official photo once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Most likely. Remember Matt Smith's first publicity pic and everyone wondered if that was how the 11th Doctor would dress http://www.sabotagetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/matt-smith-dr-who.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

They need to make a spin-off with them and Jenny :pac:
    James Cordon I knew nothing of before his first appearance, so I never got the annoyance from some people: I"d have no problem with him appearing again, but sure he has Stormaggedon to look after so it's unlikely! :D

Clearly the companions should be the Victorian Silurian assassin and her human lover / maid. Only logical choice really.
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    I would love that as a spin off.

I never really liked Corden before but I loved him in DW.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It seems a familiar face from the old-series may also be returning - spoilery pic in the link:

http://twitter.com/#!/steven_moffat/status/186420909001818112/photo/1

Of course given the day it was posted, it might be an April Fools, but it looks genuine enough...

Thats hardly a spoiler is it :rolleyes:

cloud493 wrote: »
    Dat's de joke. The old-design hasn't featured in the new series though.

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »

Jaysus no need for the rolling eyes.

I like the littler ones :)

Ah :P My apologies then. subtly goes right over my head

SFhLM.jpg

Well as with all these things, as soon as filming starts details leak out, specifically in this case about Jenna Coleman & the character she plays. It's not even as if you have to try hard to find spoilers these days (especially when handsome posters pass on the links too!)

I shant post any details here, but the link has set pics and an overheard testimony of who / what the new companion might be:
    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-7-filming-jenna-matt-on-set-34487.htm

Well as with all these things, as soon as filming starts details leak out, specifically in this case about Jenna Coleman & the character she plays. It's not even as if you have to try hard to find spoilers these days (especially when handsome posters pass on the links too!)

I shant post any details here, but the link has set pics and an overheard testimony of who / what the new companion might be:
    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-7-filming-jenna-matt-on-set-34487.htm
    The name was Lis Sladen's middle name. I dig Jenna's red schoolbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

DhlXb.jpg

I love that outfit. I hope it's permanent.

Dougray Scott was on set in costume that day too. I saw a pic but can't look for it at the moment as I'm on my phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Not casting, but news. Episode 1 has been named - "Asylum of the Daleks".
    We confirmed back in March that the Daleks would be returning to menace the universe and even posted a few sneaky photos smuggled from set! Since then, Steven Moffat (Doctor Who’s lead writer and Executive Producer) has confirmed that the adventure will feature every kind of Dalek ever faced by the Time Lord – including the legendary Special Weapons Dalek!

The title of the new story has already increased the excitement building around it. Could the ‘asylum’ be a place or is it some sort of protection? Or does the word take on a new and sinister meaning in this adventure? It’s too early to say but we’re having fun speculating! In the meantime, we’ll have to wait a little longer to find out the answer to the crucial question: What is the Asylum of the Daleks?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

I thought they were done with using the Daleks for a while no? Not sure how good another dalek based episode will be really, the last one wasn't the best...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭bren2001

Liam Cunningham has been confirmed as guest appearance. It will be an historical episode written by Mark Gatiss. I enjoy him in Game of Thrones, should translate well to Dr. Who. Looking forward to the next series, just want it to start.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0628/cunninghaml.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Liam is my cousin, delighted to see him in it :D

He actually auditioned for the role of the 8th doctor in the TV movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

The Master wrote: »
    Liam is my cousin, delighted to see him in it :D

He actually auditioned for the role of the 8th doctor in the TV movie

Really? Cool! He would make a great Doctor actually. He's a fantastic actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭bren2001

Diana Rigg and daughter cast in Doctor Who. Have not seen Diana Rigg in a few years, not that I know her too well, a bit before my time. Rachel Stirling was alright in Salmon Fishing in the Yemen and Snow White.

Looking forward to Liam Cunningham the most out of the guest appearances.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0702/doctorwho.html

By the by, apparently Matt Smith spilled the beans at Comic-con, saying that the new series would air in mid-late August. The first screening for the press will be on the 14th apparently.

Edit: the titles for the first three episodes have also been released:
    1. Asylum of the Daleks
    2. Dinosaurs On A Spaceship
    3. A Town Called Mercy
    And yes, #2 is genuine :eek: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Seemingly, somebody took Snakes on a Plane as a challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

bren2001 wrote: »
    Diana Rigg and daughter cast in Doctor Who. Have not seen Diana Rigg in a few years, not that I know her too well, a bit before my time. Rachel Stirling was alright in Salmon Fishing in the Yemen and Snow White.

Looking forward to Liam Cunningham the most out of the guest appearances.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0702/doctorwho.html
    That's two members of the Game of Thrones cast that are going to feature in DW this season!

Not casting as such, but didn't want to put it in its own thread and risk the Dread Spoiler Gods; Neil Gaiman announced at the Hugo awards that he's writing another episode for Who, and all things going well, it'll be part of the 2nd half of season7!

http://io9.com/5940031/more-details-about-neil-gaimans-new-doctor-who-episode

Not casting as such, but didn't want to put it in its own thread and risk the Dread Spoiler Gods; Neil Gaiman announced at the Hugo awards that he's writing another episode for Who, and all things going well, it'll be part of the 2nd half of season7!

So apparently it's official now, gaiman will indeed have another episode, and it'll air during the second half of series 7 (seemingly reported in the latest issue of the Dr who magazine) great news :D

Brilliant! I loved his episode.

O/T: Have started our 6 year old on the 10th Doctor's series thanks to the UPC on-demand box-sets, scared the life out of him but he loves it :) We're aiming to get him caught up on the modern series before the next series airs. :)

Sleepy wrote: »
    Brilliant! I loved his episode.

O/T: Have started our 6 year old on the 10th Doctor's series thanks to the UPC on-demand box-sets, scared the life out of him but he loves it :) We're aiming to get him caught up on the modern series before the next series airs. :)

Why'd you skip poor 9?

• Advertisement

Cos I typo'd, it is 9's season we're watching!

Advertisement