Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi from Grianan Hotel to Letterkenny

Options
  • 22-02-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I will be attending a function in An Grianan Hotel next weekend. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a taxi back to Letterkenny. Function should be over around 2.30 or 3 am. Dont want to be waiting around all night on a taxi. I get the feeling that most Letterkenny taxis would rather easy handy runs around the town at that time of night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jimmad

I'd imagine it'll be around the 30 euro mark, you would be better off booking a taxi from the north to run you in, should work out cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

gavmcfad wrote: »
    I will be attending a function in An Grianan Hotel next weekend. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a taxi back to Letterkenny. Function should be over around 2.30 or 3 am. Dont want to be waiting around all night on a taxi. I get the feeling that most Letterkenny taxis would rather easy handy runs around the town at that time of night.

90% of the time there is a minibus going from the hotel bar (the fort) to letterkenny and back. The Hotel themselves also have a bus / Taxi that goes sometimes.

If you give the hotel a buzz I'm sure you could arrange to get up on the bus when it heads back into letterkenny to bring the locals back to Burt again if you explained your attending a function there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Porter986

90% of the time there is a minibus going from the hotel bar (the fort) to letterkenny and back. The Hotel themselves also have a bus / Taxi that goes sometimes.

If you give the hotel a buzz I'm sure you could arrange to get up on the bus when it heads back into letterkenny to bring the locals back to Burt again if you explained your attending a function there.

The hotel minibus has stopped now the last few months. Few us locals used to get your man with the bus to run us up to letterkenny on a fri or sat night.

Your best bet Gav is to ask them at reception to book you a taxi, they will get a Derry taxi and its normal around 30euro. A would letterkenny taxi cost you a least 50euro.

Porter986 wrote: »
    The hotel minibus has stopped now the last few months. Few us locals used to get your man with the bus to run us up to letterkenny on a fri or sat night.

Didn't know that! Eddie used to be handy too but he stopped ages ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Porter986

Aye it was Eddie that was doing the bus run for them, after he stopped it they sold the bus. It was brave and handy alright, Eddie was good old craic to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

It's illegal for a taxi from one country to do a complete journey (i.e pick up and drop off) in another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Eddie still taxis, hes using his own vehicle now, he was doing pick ups there last saturday night.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Where To wrote: »
    It's illegal for a taxi from one country to do a complete journey (i.e pick up and drop off) in another.

I used to get taxis from Strabane to pick me up from (my former) home, on the Donegal side, to take me in to McBrides in Castlefin all the time. And that was going through a Garda checkpoint on the border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

deman wrote: »
    I used to get taxis from Strabane to pick me up from (my former) home, on the Donegal side, to take me in to McBrides in Castlefin all the time. And that was going through a Garda checkpoint on the border.
    Then you were travelling in an illegal taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Have you got a source for that?

• Advertisement

deman wrote: »
    Have you got a source for that?

Enough, this has nothing to do with getting a Taxi from Burt to Letterkenny. Any more and infractions will be given.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Can you direct me to legislation that I can look at to clarify this point please? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Don't have the legislation but I do remember years ago a Strabane taxi firm being fined for ferrying passengers from Nena models in Castlefin to Nena in Ballybofey.
    Don't know if it would still stand with European free trade.

Advertisement