Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a kit

Options
  • 22-02-2012 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

My mom is a smokes all her life and I know would love to give up or at least cut down on the cigs.

What kit would you recommend?

She smokes Silkcut 100's, about 20 a day.

Thanks in advance,

B

:D:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

copied and pasted from another thread, im sure someone else will be along shortly to reccomend some tank systems but i'm a cartomiser man so I'll reccomend what I know

http://www.thebestshop.eu/batteries/joye-ego-t-battery-all-types-/prod_192.html
    the batteries . you can decide for yourself whether you want the 650/900/1000mha. the bigger number means it lasts longer without needing to be charged, be warned though that the 1000mha is pretty damn big. I have 900mha's and I found them to be a good size and they'd last me a day before needing to be charged even though I was using it pretty much all day.

http://www.irishvapers.ie/cartomizers/104-dual-core-cartomizers.html
    the cartomiser. this is the actual vaping device. you drip your liquid onto the filler (it's really easy), it soaks it up and feeds it to the heating coil in the cartomizer. they cost around 2 euro a pop when you buy them individually and they perform well (when they perform well, as with all things e-cig.. it's possible to be unlucky and get a dud that only lasts a couple of days or just underperforms from the get-go. I was a heavy vaper when I used these and I tended to get a week out of them, which at 2 euro a pop is great. Even when I got a dud, at 2 euro a go.. i just tossed them in the bin and didn't think about them, still way cheaper than fags.

others might reccomend a tank system instead of a cartomizer, the lack of filling material to soak up juices in a tank does mean the flavour is a bit better but in general I (and many others) found tanks too unreliable, leaky and too expensive to justify the sadly short life. When tanks work, they work fantastic but iirc they cost about a tenner a go and it just wasnt worth it for me when I could get the dual coil cartomisers for 2 euro each. I was willing to sacrifice a fuller flavour for an overall better vaping experience. The dual coil cartomizers have a hotter vape, so more like a cigarette in that regard and they produce more vapour (although it's so long since i've used tanks, maybe that's not true anymore)

you'll want to get a drip tip as well, there's an option on the cartomiser page. I reccomend the plastic or the transparent.. never liked metal drip tips myself.

http://www.irishvapers.ie/chargers/120-usb-ego-charger.html
    usb charger for battery

http://www.thebestshop.eu/accessories/mains-to-usb-adaptor/prod_60.html
    usb to mains adapter for charger

http://www.thebestshop.eu/standard-eliquid-pg-/-vg/10ml-eliquid-pg/prod_99.html

or

http://www.irishvapers.ie/11-e-liquids

juices

thebestshop have dekang juices, chinese made. can be hit or miss with people, generally not the absolute best of the best in terms of flavour but still pretty damn nice and what I (and most people id imagine) vape most ofthe time

i havent tried irishvapers new white label juices yet, but since you'd be getting something from them already no harm to throw a bottle into the order and see if you like it.

juice wise i'd reccomend you get a few 10ml bottles, just to test out flavours and see what you liike. better than buying 30 or 50ml of something and deciding you hate it

for the strength of the juices, I've no idea how strong silk cuts are but i'd reccomend 18mg to start off with. if it's too much, order some 12mg if it's too little order some 24mg but 18's a decent middle of the road nicotine strength to start off with. maybe order 1 bottle of 24mg in case she starts giving out that the 18mg isnt doing anything and is about to give up on the entire venture.

nice tobacco-ish juices i'd reccomend are wenston/winston, deluxe tobacco, marlboro (usa mix) and I have a personal love for the dk-tab although it seems to be divisive.

with the juices, you wont find one that tastes like a cigarette as it's pretty hard to replicate the taste of ash and burning plant. tobacco flavoured juices are more of.. an idea of tobacco, but they can be pretty nice and satisfying if that's what you're after

discount code of IRISHVAPE for thebestshop.. i think it's 10%, not sure. discount code of BOARDS for irishvapers also 10% i think

oh, and yeah i know pain in the sack having to order from different sites. but everyone's out of stock of something, and everyone else is also out of stock fo an actual starter kit so yuoull have to order the above pieces individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

I think for someone older I would recommend something that is easy to use, looks like a real and is easy to refill.

I was recently trying to convert my mother in law who was just trying to give up cigarettes
    to e-cigs.
    I got her to try my normal 510 with cartomizers, atomizer, tank systems, with fruit juices, menthol, tobacco and sweet flavours and she thought the whole setup and experience was terrible.

Then pulled out an old M401 with intellcig menthol cartridges and she was 100% converted. Puffing away for the last few weeks now without any cigarettes.

So that is what I would recommend for someone like you describe. If she gets into then she could try something better such as the 510 setup.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I've got a number of my family converted to e-cigs the last couple of weeks..

My sister is using type a tanks, but having problems with them leaking all the time.

Her partner is on type b tanks and not having any issues with them leaking.

My mother is on DCC's and loving them.

I'm using 510 boges at the minute cus TBS is currently out of stock of DCC's..and they are okay.

We're all using eGo batteries.

It's really personal preference with what kind of set up you want to use, it's a case of what works for you and what doesn't.

I'd recommend a tank system as for a newcomer it's the most straightforward as it's easy to refill and use.

the best (one that works all the time) one at the moment is the biansi imist. ego-c , ego-t etc all prone to big leaking problems. I've the imist a few weeks and had no issues with it. due to the thing being easy to clean (once a week in 5 mins and one attomiser lasts for months it's the cheapest way also).

http://www.irishvapers.ie/157-biansi-imist-ego-system.html

it's out of stock this week but will be back next week I think - sign up on site under the notify me when available bit.

review here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tokbw_tYUU&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I'd recommend the Imist too - I recommended one too a friend not so long ago and he's very chuffed with. I've only had the atomiser part and I thought it was pretty decent but the whole kit including the batteries is amazingly good.

It's by far the best 3.7 volt model I've tried, much better than the Ego T.

• Advertisement

as for e-cigs that look like real cigs I don't think that that's the way to start. the 510 for example is ok but your mum would be running down the battery in a couple of hours. I bought a 510 to start myself and within 2 days realised my mistake. something like an ego battery - (like in imist) should last her all day. you get 2 in a kit so having one spare charged or charging is what you need. also a manual battery (press button to fire) is better than an automatic one.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

I'm beginning to change my opinion on what is the best starter kit! I do think it really does depend on the end user and what is most important to them. For some I would recommend a standard 510 Starter Kit with atomisers, for others maybe an Ego setup with Dual Coil Cartomizers, and for others I would recommend an even easier setup. For example, the other day, I came across an older man in a nursing home who had a combination of Jasper & Jasper Starter Kit and some disposables. No juice or filling up, just charge and vape. This is not my personal "cup of tea" but I do see where the convenience and ease of use could be attractive.

Having said that is there anybody who is still vaping what they started on?

Advertisement