Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do off menu items exist in Irish McDonalds?

• 22-02-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

And other fast food places.
    I've heard of things like the McGangBang, if I went and tried to order one of those in McDonalds would I actually get it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Try asking for a McPointlessThread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i often go into mc donalds for a mc shit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

In the states, you can go into Starbucks and ask for a 'short' sized coffee, which is about 2/3 the size of a 'tall' coffee, and a bit cheaper. I don't know if anyone has tried this in Ireland, but their menus are otherwise the same between here and there.

Any volunteers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Well go there ask for a Mcgangbang and see what happens.
    What could possibly go wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mc'10:35.

Still haven't tried it. But supposedly good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

And other fast food places.
    I've heard of things like the McGangBang, if I went and tried to order one of those in McDonalds would I actually get it?

Are we missing something here.. Whats this McDonalds, a knocking shop across the road from your house?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Big mac and large fries?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

blueyedson wrote: »
    Are we missing something here.. Whats this McDonalds, a knocking shop across the road from your house?
    In the US it's possible to order a "McGangBang" which is a McChicken Sandwich placed inside a double cheese burger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Snatchburger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Well go there ask for a Mcgangbang and see what happens.
    What could possibly go wrong?

End up walking like a McCowboy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

A Whopper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

In the US it's possible to order a "McGangBang" which is a McChicken Sandwich placed inside a double cheese burger.

Yep, because if you tried to order the items separately and put them together yourself you would explode into flames........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

McBeal. Good for lunch time cravings

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

GAAman wrote: »
    Yep, because if you tried to order the items separately and put them together yourself you would explode into flames........
    I know I can easily do that, it just seems like more fun to order a McGangBang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The McRonald Donald

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

A Fur Burger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Have you never asked a staff member for her McNumber so you can tap her McAss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

so do i but when challenged about toilets for customers its a mcshít with lies ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

My mate packed in his job at McDonalds. He couldn't take it any more. He said the boss was a clown.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

smash wrote: »
    Have you never asked a staff member for her McNumber so you can tap her McAss?

There's a risk of getting a McFuckoff with extra fries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

So any food products that can be purchased there?

ejmaztec wrote: »
    There's a risk of getting a McFuckoff with extra fries.
    Tell her you like feisty women and ask her if you can taste her McFlurry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Tell her you like feisty women and ask her if you can taste her McFurry!

FYP

Caveman1 wrote: »
    FYP
    Hopefully not... Can you get a McWaxed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Snatchburger.

I believe it's called a McSnatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Tell her you like feisty women and ask her if you can taste her McFlurry!

You'd definitely get a McSpooks if you tried that.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/news/a194679/fryer-named-most-shocking-spooks-death.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

That sounds disgusting.

Marcusm wrote: »
    That sounds disgusting.
    It's also racist against white meat :D

does it come with extra mayo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

In a nightclub in Dundalk you used to be able to get a '**** in a Glass' for a fiver. That was an off menu recipe as well... pretty sure it contained mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Some kind of hastily scraped together creation - a McGyver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

A lad I work with used to work in mcdonalds (either artane or phibsboro??) and he said they gave people a big blob of the big mac special sauce in a drinks lid for dipping when they asked for it. Any one confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

A lad I work with used to work in mcdonalds (either artane or phibsboro??) and he said they gave people a big blob of the big mac special sauce in a drinks lid for dipping when they asked for it. Any one confirm this?
    Yeh got that in blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

I know I can easily do that, it just seems like more fun to order a McGangBang.

Would you get it? No. Would you even get a reaction? I doubt it.

Do you honestly think that a cashier would think it's funny or outrageous? They're on the minimum wage, probably hate their jobs and have got idiot customers to deal with. Are you anticipating they'd burst their holes laughing? Deadpan, they'd probably tell you they don't know what you're talking about and ask you what you want off their proper menu.

Asking for a "McGangbang" wouldn't raise a smile, a tantrum or even en eyebrow. The cashier would dismiss you as a boring idiot. And rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

14murphy wrote: »
    Yeh got that in blanchardstown.
    Did you have to pay for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

This isn't a rampant thing in the US. Only a few employees at a few stores know what this is; often times, people just buy items from the dollar menu and make it themselves.

Back in the day, you could walk into a Mickie D's in the South and find pig feet being sold; here in the midwest, you get Biscuits and Gravy on the menu but in the northwest you won't find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

You can order a "woo burger" it's a big mac without the burger in it. They charge the same price for it as a regular big mac though so its a bit of a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Yeah the Mcspit sandwich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You can get a mcflurry with no ice cream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Mcx

carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Or, conversely, you could just get a McDonalds burger with no pun.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can order a "woo burger" it's a big mac without the burger in it. They charge the same price for it as a regular big mac though so its a bit of a rip off.
    Variously programme into the till as "MAC W/O" or W/O MAC" so sometimes referred to as a "Womac". Typically charged at about half the price of a Big Mac. You can also get hamburgers without the meat. About the only somewhat official off menu items, unless you want to count "Hamburger without pickle".

Back when they were doing pizza and Quarter Pounder Deluxes, Quarter Pounders with Cheese with ketchup and mayo only were popular with staff and I saw one manager doing fried onion, mushroom, tomato with mozzarella cheese for their burger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

The best way to get a fresh burger in McDonalds is to ask for it without cheese.

I judge myself a little for having made that comment. What most human beings wouldn't give for these problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I like the way the images that come up for the search aren't colour touched and stuff to make them appear non-disgusting. Compare that to what comes up if you search for a big mac. (Yes cuddly cartoon chracetrs are the top of google results)

I also like the way macdonalds can probably only stop this by officially marketing something called a gangbang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The lasagna is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Victor wrote: »
    Back when they were doing pizza and Quarter Pounder Deluxes, Quarter Pounders with Cheese with ketchup and mayo only were popular with staff and I saw one manager doing fried onion, mushroom, tomato with mozzarella cheese for their burger.

McDonalds did pizza? When? :confused:

They used to do hot dogs in the mackers up North for a while, they were well nice.

Two questions actually-

Ive been away for a few years now. Do they still do twisty fries? I refuse to ever return home until they do (actually I refuse to return home until pubs and clubs stop closing at 2:30am as a weekend going home at that hour is a waste of your life, so its a moot point)

and

Do they still have the storage heaters for burgers? Here in Oz they toast the bread/ dress it and take a pre heated piece of beef from the holder....I prefer the old way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

McDonalds did pizza? When? :confused:
    They experimented with them in 1993-94.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Go in and ask for a Mac apple 3.14 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Go in and ask for a Mac apple 3.14 !

Oh!....i see what you did there.........:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Do they still have the storage heaters for burgers? Here in Oz they toast the bread/ dress it and take a pre heated piece of beef from the holder....I prefer the old way!

Yes, all the major fast food chains have these (Supermacs, BurgerKing, McDonalds, KFC).

• Advertisement
Advertisement