Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate Atlantis: Legacy Book series (aka Season 6)

• 22-02-2012 2:53pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else has read the Stargate Atlantis Legacy novels? There's 3 published out of a planned 6 so far and they pick up where Season 5 ended. They're semi-official in the sense that the plots are approved by MGM (including continuity checks) without it strictly being canonical.

I've read the first one and it's .. okay. The first half is too slow but it picks up later. Author generally has a good handle on the characters but is a little too soft with Rodney (IMO).

Anyone else bothered with these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Thought this was going to be about a new TV series :(

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Eye of Orion

Cheers for bringing this to my attention, similar to ST: Enterprise where they released planned plots for the cancelled season, this might tie up some loose ends

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

ixoy wrote: »

I've read the first one and it's .. okay. The first half is too slow but it picks up later. Author generally has a good handle on the characters but is a little too soft with Rodney (IMO).

Anyone else bothered with these?

Sounds great...I might try one out! But Rodney? kill the *&^%& off. The one and fully total downfall to SGA!! (I know everyone is about to disagree with me...)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Surion wrote: »
    Sounds great...I might try one out! But Rodney? kill the *&^%& off. The one and fully total downfall to SGA!! (I know everyone is about to disagree with me...)

McKay was utter brilliance. How you liked SGA & not like him is beyond me :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

He's selfish, egotistical, funny named (Meredith) and a chicken sh*t, what's not to love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

yeah gona have to disagree also.
    rodney is a big part of the show.

simply just would not be the same if he wasnt in it.

Advertisement