Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site cleared - massive Pine down

Options
  • 22-02-2012 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all, first time post here and I hope im posting in the right place.
    Essentially, have my site cleared for building, about 20 trees had to come down in the process. One of these tress was one of the biggest pine trees ive ever seen. They guy clearing the site recommended selling the tree to a commerical business, and/or also using some of it for any timber needed with in the build.
    There are timber fireplace mantles to be got, kitchen/dining table etc.

Firstly, does anyone know who one could talk to in the Limerick area rgarding selling the pine, and secondly, how would one go about using the pine for things like I mentioned above or would the cost of doing this be insane?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Gorbals wrote: »
    Firstly, does anyone know who one could talk to in the Limerick area rgarding selling the pine, and secondly, how would one go about using the pine for things like I mentioned above or would the cost of doing this be insane?
    Ring a few treesurgeons and ask them for recommendations for guys that can mill oversize timber onsite with a woodmizer or similar.
    They should be able to point you in the right direction.
    If you start now the wood might be seasoned enough to make a nice table in a few years time!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

What other trees came down?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Gorbals wrote: »
    Hi all, first time post here and I hope im posting in the right place.
    Essentially, have my site cleared for building, about 20 trees had to come down in the process. One of these tress was one of the biggest pine trees ive ever seen. They guy clearing the site recommended selling the tree to a commerical business, and/or also using some of it for any timber needed with in the build.
    There are timber fireplace mantles to be got, kitchen/dining table etc.

What type of pine is it.

If it was a valuable tree, how come your tree surgeon never made you an offer on it.

kadman

Advertisement