Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Direction UK and Ireland Arena Tour 2013

Options
  • 22-02-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,631 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.digitalspy.ie/music/news/a367174/one-direction-announce-uk-and-ireland-arena-tour-for-2013.html

One Direction have announced plans for their first ever arena tour.

The boyband will play 15 dates across the UK and Ireland next spring in support of their debut album Up All Night.

The string of shows will start at London's O2 Arena on February 22, 2013 and will conclude at Newcastle's Metro Radio Arena on March 24, 2013.

One Direction announced the tour following Liam Payne's revelation that they were booked for the gigs during their Brit Award acceptance speech last night (February 21).

The pop group won the public-voted 'British Single' award for their debut track 'What Makes You Beautiful'.

Tickets for One Direction's 2013 arena tour go on sale from 9am on February 25.

One Direction recently teased that they are planning on taking a different route for their second album and will include "more guitars and [be] grungier".

The first batch of One Direction UK and Ireland 2013 arena tour dates are as follows:
    • February 22 - London, O2 Arena
    • February 23 - London, O2 Arena
    • February 26 - Glasgow, SECC
    • March 1 - Cardiff, Motorpoint Arena
    • March 2 - Cardiff, Motorpoint Arena
    • March 5 - Dublin, O2 Arena
    • March 6 - Dublin, O2 Arena
    • March 7 - Belfast, Odyssey Arena
    • March 8 - Belfast, Odyssey Arena
    • March 15 - Manchester, Manchester Arena
    • March 17 - Liverpool, Echo Arena
    • March 19 - Sheffield, Motorpoint Arena
    • March 20 - Nottingham, Capital FM Arena
    • March 22 - Birmingham, LG Arena
    • March 24 - Newcastle, Metro Radio Arena

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

A bit early to be announcing gigs that will mostly take place in 13 months isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

karaokeman wrote: »
    A bit early to be announcing gigs that will mostly take place in 13 months isn't it?

Announcing while theres hype before another karaoke series shows this year

• Registered Users Posts: 86,631 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tickets for One Direction's 2013 arena tour go on sale from 9am on February 25

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

This makes me sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Taking advantage of their current popularity I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hoopyhammer

anybody know how the o2 presale works,i need tix for my nephews and am afraid i might miss out in the reg onsale ?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

anybody know how the o2 presale works,i need tix for my nephews and am afraid i might miss out in the reg onsale ?
    1. You have to be signed up for the Blueroom service.
    2. You will receive a text telling you about the gig and asking you to reply with a word, once you do this O2 will send you a priority access code.
    3. Go to O2Blueroom.ie on the date that presale happens and be there when they go on sale (i.e 8/9.00 am) and click on the one direction links until you get to the ticketmaster site.
    4. Sign in to ticketmaster. (it saves time and tickets can go quick)
    5. Normally I have the code pre typed so I can just copy and paste it directly into the box when the tickets go on sale, keeping mind this is CaSe SeNsItIvE and once again it saves time. :P
    6. Paste the code into the box and Go through the normal ticket process.
    Hope that helps :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭vider12

They are only releasing tickets this early becuase they know some other xfactor/xfactor-reject band are guna be the next best thing and then they will be forgotten about! Sad really..

DC10555 wrote: »
    1. You have to be signed up for the Blueroom service.
    2. You will receive a text telling you about the gig and asking you to reply with a word, once you do this O2 will send you a priority access code.
    3. Go to O2Blueroom.ie on the date that presale happens and be there when they go on sale (i.e 8/9.00 am) and click on the one direction links until you get to the ticketmaster site.
    4. Sign in to ticketmaster. (it saves time and tickets can go quick)
    5. Normally I have the code pre typed so I can just copy and paste it directly into the box when the tickets go on sale, keeping mind this is CaSe SeNsItIvE and once again it saves time. :P
    6. Paste the code into the box and Go through the normal ticket process.
    Hope that helps :)
    thanks for the help i'm going to try it now although tix are probably gone

well tix are already gone,guess i'll have to try in the morning with everybody else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

well tix are already gone,guess i'll have to try in the morning with everybody else

I've never had issues getting them just make sure you're signed into your Ticketmaster account and refresh the tickets page exactly when they go on sale (8/9.00 am) Also knowing where you want to sit or if you want to stand before helps cut down time and you should have no issue grabbing em :)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Extra dates announced, tickets are currently available for anybody looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭skaface

Extra dates announced, tickets are currently available for anybody looking.

All Irish dates are sold now.. really sad to see all the tkts on sale already on
    Doedeal, buy&sell, etc lookin for crazy money for these tkts. A lot of greedy
    people out there. I,m also pissed off with the fact that this band only played
    the 02 in Jan and then they release tkts in Feb for March 2013..
    My daughter queued for 13 hours in freezing cold to get tkts and got them
    only for 2 more dates to be announced, people were able to walk in to tktmaster
    at 10 0 clock next day and get them. Simon Cowall has a lot to answer for:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

skaface wrote: »
    All Irish dates are sold now.. really sad to see all the tkts on sale already on

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

skaface wrote: »

Theyre obviously not confident that the "band" (theyre not a band) will be popular enough to sell tickets in a few months so put them on sale mnow while they are hot.

Really makes me sad, exploiting people like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Is there still tickets available for this? I want to compare them to tonights performance at the same venue... I'd say the stage shows must be similar...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

I'm by no means a boyband fan in anyway but look a Westlife they made it on their own without some stupid reality tv show. They don't need to release tickets a year in advance so they will make money because they are afraid that in a year they won't be as popular and they won't sell out. 1D are just taking advantage of young girls at the minute because they know there will be another tv star will be the in thing to like next year!

windingo wrote: »
    I'm by no means a boyband fan in anyway but look a Westlife they made it on their own without some stupid reality tv show. They don't need to release tickets a year in advance so they will make money because they are afraid that in a year they won't be as popular and they won't sell out. 1D are just taking advantage of young girls at the minute because they know there will be another tv star will be the in thing to like next year!

" MANUFACTURED POP " :mad::mad:

vider12 wrote: »
    They are only releasing tickets this early becuase they know some other xfactor/xfactor-reject band are guna be the next best thing and then they will be forgotten about! Sad really..

Not sure how true it is but One Direction are trying to crack the US and could do it because of their likeness to Bieber so teens will lap them up so I think if they are going be in the US for a long period this year probably this is why tickets are on sale now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 michaealknight

one direction are really going for it, because just recently they have also announced a full tour of the usa in 2013, as well as the uk tour.

this is also not forgetting they are touring all the usa starting this month as well, one direction have a massive touring schedule, it kind of reminds me of the things i heard about the beatles and there touring they did.

so it looks like one direction are really trying to break america, and so far look to be succeeding as well, the x factor really did pay in there case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

one direction are really going for it, because just recently they have also announced a full tour of the usa in 2013, as well as the uk tour.

this is also not forgetting they are touring all the usa starting this month as well, one direction have a massive touring schedule, it kind of reminds me of the things i heard about the beatles and there touring they did.

so it looks like one direction are really trying to break america, and so far look to be succeeding as well, the x factor really did pay in there case.

+1, because One Direction are directly comparable to The Beatles.

For anyone going no shoe throwing please :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Bluefoam wrote: »
    +1, because One Direction are directly comparable to The Beatles.

I think he only compared their touring to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Well one year later and they are still as popular as ever. My daughter is going next week with her cousin and as of yet they don't know they are. Can't wait to surprise them on Saturday.

my daughter and her mum are gone to the o2 tonight!!

Advertisement