Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a hairdresser / barber in Dublin

• 22-02-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all.

Have sported a curly mop of hair for a few years now, similar to this:

jemaine-clement.jpg

However, father time has been steadily receding my hair, and frankly this style isn't doing me any favours any more.

I want to change to something which works with a receding hairline, but don't want to go the shaved bald look just yet, I'll probably go for a closer cut like David Beckham's current style.

Anyways, are there any hairdressers or barbers in Dublin that guys really recommend? For the first time, I'm prepared to pay a little more for a good job rather than pay €5 for a cheap chop :)

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Moved from tGC.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I always recommend Bedford Stuy or Merchant Barber, both in Temple Bar. Links in here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72282666&postcount=4.

Most of my male friends would go to either of these.

Is this the style you're thinking of? My OH has a simlar quiff, but shorter on the sides and goes to Bedford Stuy.

300.Beckham.tg.010412.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Twee. wrote: »
    I always recommend Bedford Stuy or Merchant Barber, both in Temple Bar. Links in here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72282666&postcount=4.

Most of my male friends would go to either of these.

Is this the style you're thinking of? My OH has a simlar quiff, but shorter on the sides and goes to Bedford Stuy.

300.Beckham.tg.010412.jpg

Thanks for the reply :)

I seen an article about good hairstyles to suit receding hairlines, and Beckham was sporting this:

becks.jpg

However, I've decided to try a Tom Hardy-ish style, it's more appealing to me and my (deluded) girlfriend thinks I look quite like him facially, so I'm going to give this a whirl:

TomHardyhairstyle.jpg

Thank you for those recommendations, Bedford Stuy looks good. I spent a while searching here on Boards & also noticed that Waldorf Barbers got a load of good reviews and comments, so I'll try one of them and see how it goes :)

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marianf

Does anyone have a contact number for Nikky Condie who used to run Essensuals in South Wicklow Street in Dublin? She is apparently doing mobile hairdressing and I would love to contact her as I thought she was a great hairdresser and would love to use her again. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Just to update, I went to the Waldorf Barbers on Monday.

I honestly can't recommend the place enough - the setting is amazing. Really feels like you've stepped back in time, and feels like a real 'mans place' in a world that's increasingly homogenized or emasculated.

The staff are absolutely lovely - there was a trainee barber there who was very friendly, and had the craic with me while my hair was being cut. I had my hair done by Liam Finnegan, who's the head barber there.
    I've always gone for cheap and cheerful haircuts, but this was a world apart. This man is clearly a master of his profession, and takes an obscene amount of pride in his work. He was extremely nice, and spent about an hour on my hair making sure it was as close to the Tom Hardy pic above as possible.

I paid €26 for the wash and cut (I always HATED paying more than €5 for a haircut), but I felt that they'd earned every cent and I will definitely be back again. Amazing experience.

• Advertisement
Advertisement