Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mathematics Paper 2 2012

• 22-02-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I'm self studying the course as an external candidate and what I want to know is which parts of the old syllabus are retained in the higher level Paper 2 for 2012? Is it all Project Maths?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Danke Schoen.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

afrocod wrote: »
    I'm self studying the course as an external candidate and what I want to know is which parts of the old syllabus are retained in the higher level Paper 2 for 2012? Is it all Project Maths?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Danke Schoen.

All Project Maths.

But the choice in question 6 can contain old LCHL geometry, if you choose that part.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 afrocod

Brilliant, thanks Mona. Just one more question. Is there anywhere I can find the material for strands 1 & 2 condensed in a book or pdf? Are people in school just using the old books and taking what's relevant from them and supplementing it with stuff off the project maths site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

My students have two books, original and PM. I work alongside the syllabus as it's the only reliable option. I cant link on my phone, but Google Project Maths syllabus, you're looking for Phase 1 for examination in 2012. It outlines strand 1 & 2 info plus all old syllabus material with any necessary changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

Here's the document Mona referred to:
    http://www.ncca.ie/en/Curriculum_and_Assessment/Post-Primary_Education/Project_Maths/Syllabuses_and_Assessment/LC_Maths_for_examination_in_2012.pdf

There are books out for the new part of the course, but I don't know if they're any use or not. I've heard a lot of people complaining about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 afrocod

Nice one. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Mwalimu

Here's the document Mona referred to:
    http://www.ncca.ie/en/Curriculum_and_Assessment/Post-Primary_Education/Project_Maths/Syllabuses_and_Assessment/LC_Maths_for_examination_in_2012.pdf

There are books out for the new part of the course, but I don't know if they're any use or not. I've heard a lot of people complaining about them.

There's also additional stuff for students on that site. See http://www.ncca.ie/projectmaths and follow the link to the Student Zone. There are posters in schools with this link, and you have to pick either the '24 schools' or 'Not the 24 schools' to get to the right set for you.

Advertisement