Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council moved my car - Didn't notify ANYONE.

Options
  • 22-02-2012 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Just wondering how legal this is that the council moved my car without notifying anyone. I came back after college and rang the Gaurdi they checked if it impounded or towed first and nope, so took it up as Stolen.

During my hour long wait for the Gaurdi to arrive I rang the council and eventually got through to someone where then I was informed that my car was moved from Leesdale to Avendale Avenue,

Main question; Is it legal for them to move my car without telling anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Just wondering how legal this is that the council moved my car without notifying anyone. I came back after college and rang the Gaurdi they checked if it impounded or towed first and nope, so took it up as Stolen.

During my hour long wait for the Gaurdi to arrive I rang the council and eventually got through to someone where then I was informed that my car was moved from Leesdale to Avendale Avenue,

Main question; Is it legal for them to move my car without telling anyone?

Yep apparently - if the vehicle is just parked illegally they will fine you for it, however if its causing an obstruction, you'l get fined & 'relocated'.

"A towing relocation service will come into effect whereby cars obstructing traffic will be towed to a nearby street and a charge of €40 will be applied"

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

The fact they didn't notify me or well the gaurdi or anyone for that matter - is that legal.
    Kind of inconsiderate and rude for a council just to move a car without notifying you in any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

The fact they didn't notify me or well the gaurdi or anyone for that matter - is that legal.
    Kind of inconsiderate and rude for a council just to move a car without notifying you in any way.

Awaits "hilarious", "Witty" and high horse comments about you being inconsiderate for obstructing traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

kind of inconsiderate and rude for you to park it somewhere that it needed to be towed in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

McTigs wrote: »
    kind of inconsiderate and rude for you to park it somewhere that it needed to be towed in the first place

Not long it seems ;)

• Advertisement

Was parked at a wall outside of someones house - apparently obstructing their driveway. Which I wasn't :D Had pics, Unless they planned on knocking the wall to widen their driveway and then moved something in - I wasn't obstructing anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

you parked your car and then took pictures?

Took a picture when I got back parked it in the same place (its a tight spot)

My point being is it legal as the assumption when your car isn't where you put it = its stolen, so I reported it stolen. Gaurdi checked it wasnt reported to them by the council as towed, so they took it seriously.

Wasted Gaurdi time, and I wouldnt exactly say that was my fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Pics or GTFO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

My point being is it legal as the assumption when your car isn't where you put it = its stolen, so I reported it stolen. Gaurdi checked it wasnt reported to them by the council as towed, so they took it seriously.

Wasting Garda time and City Council resources too.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Check your windscreen - they may have left a note under the wiper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

parsi wrote: »
    Check your windscreen - they may have left a note under the wiper.

lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Upload the pics

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Consider yourself lucky that Cork City Co.have given up clamping/towing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

I came back after college and rang the Gaurdi they checked if it impounded or towed first and nope, so took it up as Stolen.

During my hour long wait for the Gaurdi to arrive I rang the council

:eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

That picture is not worth a sh1t if it was not taken before the towing. Every possibility you were a foot or two either side of where you thought you parked it.

Advertisement