Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrist Support

Options
  • 22-02-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Do any of you have any recommendations for wrist support? I sprained my wrist about 6 weeks ago. It's fine now but is a little painful when I twist it in certain directions. For example, I wouldn't find pain when O/H Pressing, Bench Pressing, etc. but I would sometimes when doing something as simple as putting my arm through the sleeve of a jumper.

I'm worried that the lifting is impeding my recovery and would like to add some form of wrist support. I'm always of the opinion that if you buy right, you buy once so it doesn't matter if it's pretty expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I like the Titan 24" wraps.
    You can get them from jackalsgym.com

Shipping is reasonable too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I like the Titan 24" wraps.
    You can get them from jackalsgym.com

Shipping is reasonable too

Pain in the ass wrapping up every time you want to put on a jumper!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

No matter what way I put on my wrist wraps (except for warpping them so loose as to be nearly pointless) it seems to trap a nerve or something in between my thumb and index, giving me ridiculous shocking pains at unpredictable times. Don't want to know what happens under a heavy bar with that coming on suddenly.
    Anyone had experience with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Spasibo

No matter what way I put on my wrist wraps (except for warpping them so loose as to be nearly pointless) it seems to trap a nerve or something in between my thumb and index, giving me ridiculous shocking pains at unpredictable times. Don't want to know what happens under a heavy bar with that coming on suddenly.
    Anyone had experience with this?

Boxing wraps are an option as there is more scope to wrap where you want as opposed to an all emcompassing 'powerlifting' wrap.

Advertisement