Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is wrong with kenco millicano?!

• 22-02-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Seriously - if you're going to make an instant make it ****ing dissolvable!! I just finished a cup and i had to suffer through a mouthful of minute coffee granules along with the last swig

It doesn't even taste that nice - and its expensive. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

instant coffee that doesn't taste nice.

You sound surprised. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I think millicano is very nice fwiw. Try stirring it more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Isn't that its USP? the fact that its made not just with freezedried coffee but also ground whole beans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Remember their thing that they use the same beans in their instant as their ground?
    A friend if mine used to say that it must be true - he tasted their ground and had no trouble believing that claim!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭ShaneK101

I think its better than Gold Blend and all the other competitors..!!
    Never had a problem with the granuals at the end..!!
    It instantly dissolves for me.!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

I really like Millicano! First time I drank it like the OP I had a mouth full of granules! It's expensive but it's a hell of a lot nicer than the Nescafé or Carte Noire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

bigneacy wrote: »
    Seriously - if you're going to make an instant make it ****ing dissolvable!! I just finished a cup and i had to suffer through a mouthful of minute coffee granules along with the last swig

It doesn't even taste that nice - and its expensive. :(
    did you read the info on the jar at all???
    New Kenco Millicano is our first ‘Wholebean Instant coffee’: a clever combination of instant coffee and finely-milled coffee beans.

that's the whole point. it's instant coffee with micro-ground coffee mixed into it, so you get instant coffee with a bit of a filtered coffee taste to it.

it's like buying crunchy nut cornflakes and then complaining that it's got bits of nuts in it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

I bought some but I found it really bland.
    Added more coffee and it still tasted bland.
    Thought maybe it was just my tastebuds but my parents bought some too and said the same thing.
    I'll stick to my Carte Noir thank you very much!

i had the opposite experience and i used to drink carte noir if i had a need for instant.

i got my mum on it and she's stopped using filtered coffee altogether and she used to do 2 pots a day.

i guess it's just different tastes. like marmite. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 baristamanual

Hello,
    I am agree with you.It does not taste good at all.

• Advertisement

carte noir have apparently started doing a whole bean instant now as well, so i'm going to try that and see if it's any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It's the nicest out of the instants for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

I've tried the Millicano and it's OK if I make it quite strong. Have a 1 euro off voucher for Nescafe Azera 60g at SuperValu - is that the same sort of thing - anybody tried it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Thread reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Can I respectfully ask - why do people drink instant coffee?

I mean, it doesn't take much effort to make coffee with a filter cone or a plunger, and fresh coffee is so much nicer, so unless you're camping or something, what's the attraction?

Can I respectfully ask - why do people drink instant coffee?

I mean, it doesn't take much effort to make coffee with a filter cone or a plunger, and fresh coffee is so much nicer, so unless you're camping or something, what's the attraction?

Ignorance must be bliss

the clue is in the 'instant' part of the name. ;)

i love proper coffee as much as anyone and drink a heap of it pretty much every day, but sometimes i just don't have the time to make it myself and in those cases, given the choice, instant coffee is better than no no coffee at all.

vibe666 wrote: »
    the clue is in the 'instant' part of the name. ;)

i love proper coffee as much as anyone and drink a heap of it pretty much every day, but sometimes i just don't have the time to make it myself and in those cases, given the choice, instant coffee is better than no no coffee at all.

An aeropress would only take a couple of minutes extra to brew a cup.

Plus you know what they say about blokes that can't even last 2 minutes.

Plus you know what they say about blokes that can't even last 2 minutes.
    is it that they spend all their time on the internet putting people down? :D

Advertisement