Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to buy plants

Options
  • 22-02-2012 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i was wondering is there anywhere in cork you can buy cheap shrubs/trees?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Lidl,Aldi and B&Q might be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

54kroc wrote: »
    Lidl,Aldi and B&Q might be worth a shot.
    Saw lovely apple/ pear and blossom tree's in lidl for around €7 at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Lidl and Aldi are great for shrubs and plants..I picked up a great japense maple there for was it €15 or less me thinks.. If you are driving, now they can be pricey on some stuff but Griffins do good deals sometimes with shrubs and also Hosfords I was surprised at some of the prices there..And they have the best collection of cactuses :D

Milly33 wrote: »
    Lidl and Aldi are great for shrubs and plants..I picked up a great japense maple there for was it €15 or less me thinks.. If you are driving, now they can be pricey on some stuff but Griffins do good deals sometimes with shrubs and also Hosfords I was surprised at some of the prices there..And they have the best collection of cactuses :D

That Griffins garden centre is a lovely spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 1lunatic

I'll second Griffins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

How about Douglas Garden centre near Dunnes? Seemed to have nice stock the time I was in there.

Hosfords and Griffins are a fabulous experience but I doubt they'd be cheap.

There as pricey as the other two..Youd be surprised now with Hosfords...

Milly33 wrote: »
    There as pricey as the other two..Youd be surprised now with Hosfords...

Where's Hosfords?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 about 3 fity

54kroc wrote: »
    Where's Hosfords?

Tis on the way to Skibbereen, so west cork direction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Hey can anyone recommend a hedge, that would be ok to maintain yet still provides privacy..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

About 5 miles out of Bandon on the road to Clonakilty road.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 about 3 fity

johnayo wrote: »
    About 5 miles out of Bandon on the road to Clonakilty road.

last time i was there it was outside bantry ..........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

There is small but decent one when you head up through pine croft towards the airport. It's on the right as you go up. They are very helpful and a lot closer than bandon. Can't remember the name of it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Ger89

Fol20 wrote: »
    Hey can anyone recommend a hedge, that would be ok to maintain yet still provides privacy..

Grisalenia, light green, is a fast grower if there's no frost, and produces soft foliage which is easy to cut. Escallonia is darker, grows more slowly, but produces lovely pink flowers and a gorgeous scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Ludo wrote: »
    There is small but decent one when you head up through pine croft towards the airport. It's on the right as you go up. They are very helpful and a lot closer than bandon. Can't remember the name of it though.

The Pavillion maybe? I've been meaning to go there for ages. It's supposed to be beautifully done.

Advertisement