Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is the standard milk now Low Fat

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Then don't drink your calories? :confused:

I am training at the moment so need the calories and know how many calories are in most things I eat or drink. Lots of people don't drink full fat milk for the opposite reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I like all my dairy products full fat. I hate these god dam health freaks trying to push their agenda on us. We don't all want to live till were 90 you know.:mad::mad::D

89 year olds do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

I'd drink 2 litres a day no problem and I often see people with pints of milk for lunch.

In my waitressing days in a pub, lads especially were mad for pints of milk with their dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

In my waitressing days in a pub, lads especially were mad for pints of milk with their dinner

I'd have felt weird asking for that,but I may do so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Then don't drink your calories? :confused:

I am training at the moment so need the calories and know how many calories are in most things I eat or drink. Lots of people don't drink full fat milk for the opposite reason.

You doing GOMAD?

I don't get what some posters are saying about more calcium in low fat. In full fat, do they remove some of the calcium to make room for the fat?

I would of thought the calcium content was the same in a litre regardless of the fat content ???

Think about it for a minute. Milk has its fat component and its non-fat watery component. It's not that they remove calcium to make for fat, it's that calcium is contained in the non-fat part of milk so a litre of low-fat has a lower fat component so will contain more non-fat component and therefore more calcium than a litre of whole milk.

You doing GOMAD?

No.That is interesting though.

I'm just burning a lot of calories lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Proof that milk is good for you
    <snip- nipple shot>

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

It's kind of odd when you think about it that we drink cow's milk. It's yummy and all be is meant for calves, not humans really. Isn't it kind of strange that humans are the only animals on earth that drink milk produced by another animal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

danslevent wrote: »
    It's kind of odd when you think about it that we drink cow's milk. It's yummy and all be is meant for calves, not humans really. Isn't it kind of strange that humans are the only animals on earth that drink milk produced by another animal?

Cats and dogs often consume cow's milk.

I wonder is human milk nutritious to adults.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

The jury is is still out on what the long term effects of drinking it are. Who knows what it could don to humans considering its designed to turn calves into 500lb animals.

Probably, depending on the diet of the woman. Might be a bit sweet though for most tastes.

Probably, depending on the diet of the woman. Might be a bit sweet though for most tastes.

Hmmm.would it be considered immoral or something to have people produce milk for others to drink it?

I'm not high,i swear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Hmmm.would it be considered immoral or something to have people produce milk for others to drink it?

I'm not high,i swear

Pregnancy?

...And lies!!! ;)

• Advertisement

I'm not high,i swear

Are you thinking of sticking new mothers into a milking parlour? May be human rights issues to deal with :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Some ants milk aphids.

Are you thinking of sticking new mothers into a milking parlour? May be human rights issues to deal with :p

Nah you could put them in a big comfy room with cushy armchairs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I'm not high,i swear

I'm sure I read about a shop in London that sells breast milk ice cream. Bit weird...

It would be easier to digest as cow's milk is 80% casein 20% whey. Human breast milk is 60% whey 40% casein

• Advertisement

I'm not high,i swear

Ya can buy ice cream made from breat milk. Not immoral but given that it probably wouldn't be subjected to the same health checks as cow milk I wouldn't chance it yet. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Maedbhish

Full FAT milk.
    Any other kind is just a cheap imitation.
    Fake milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Low fat is just a marketing ploy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Low Fat definitely a marketing ploy but it's also a taste issue for many people, as it is for me.

There's something I heard/read/possibly made up, though, about some vitamins or minerals only being fat soluble (or something to that effect) and thus having less in Low Fat. Kind of the inverse of the calcium point.

Panda drink other animal milk as well

Got to love pwo shake

Jev/N wrote: »
    Low Fat definitely a marketing ploy but it's also a taste issue for many people, as it is for me.

There's something I heard/read/possibly made up, though, about some vitamins or minerals only being fat soluble (or something to that effect) and thus having less in Low Fat. Kind of the inverse of the calcium point.

Yeah, I'm sure that's true! Actually, there is only negligibly more calcium in low-fat milk, I only brought it up to point out that low-fat isn't necessarily less nutritious.

There's still a decent amount of fat in low-fat milk, so it's likely that the nutritional profile isn't affected too drastically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Breast milk

Breast is best I tell ya :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

I hate milk, looks so refreshing and tempting but tastes so different.

Jev/N wrote: »

That's to do with how the body absorbs them, not whether or not they can be present in a bottle. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Don't ever try to make milky coffee on super-milk! :eek::eek::eek::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Such a lad thing, sthandin at the wall outside Centre sippin on a carton of Avonmore Milk with your GAA bag and gelled hair.

I don't have a problem with full fat milk, its not the worst kind of fat but if you're going to get through a whole litre or two before it goes off and you're overweight then you don't get anything from it, if your weights fine then pssh its just a bit of milk I'm sure the hormones in the milk is more fattening :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Full fat milk. When I'm working abroad all we have is that UHT sh1t. Went to the supermarket one day and had a craving for normal milk. Mind you it is $10 for 2 litres imported from the US, but I just wanted normal milk.
    Looked at the options Half and Half, 2% reduced fat, 4% reduced fat, Lactose intolerant friendly, reduced low fat, semi semi skimmed (wtf).
    Got confused and didn't want it anymore.

Advertisement