Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting In Bagenalstown?

Options
  • 22-02-2012 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

not a rumour , any info on the radio etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

Just got off the phone to my mam , and a man( I won't say his name) shot his brother in law in his home , burned his house and hung him self afterwards , pretty grim :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

My grandmother lives about 500 yards away and was telling me its a feud over land that's been simmering for years.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Tragedy for all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    My grandmother lives about 500 yards away and was telling me its a feud over land that's been simmering for years.

its always the way

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

It's no-ones place to discuss any families misfortune other than to share your condolences to all involved. This thread should be closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi all
    Given the sensitive nature of this topic any speculation as to the circumstances or the background will result in the thread being locked and post ðeleted as necessary.
    Regards
    Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

not to sound like I'm flaming you but it's been well covered on CKR and Nationally , and you can be sure that the Carlow people and nationalist have their front page for next week.
    stick-dan wrote: »
    It's no-ones place to discuss any families misfortune other than to share your condolences to all involved. This thread should be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

godwin wrote: »
    not to sound like I'm flaming you but it's been well covered on CKR and Nationally , and you can be sure that the Carlow people and nationalist have their front page for next week.

Fully agree with you :)
    Was only concerned with a few comments that were made as to the nature of ill-will between the two families. Completely unsubstantiated and speculating is not needed on such matters.
    But yeah I agree, perhaps I should have articulated my point more clearly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

the guy was shot multiple times... the gardai recovered more than 12 shotgun shells from the scene. i guess the guy doing all the shooting finally snapped.

Advertisement