Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to remove a chimney?

Options
  • 22-02-2012 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I hope someone may be able to help with a query relating to removing a chimney. Just to preface this, I know nothing about building!!

We are in the process of planning a ground floor extension which will be added on to the gable end of our dormer bungalow (which is about 10 years old). We are hoping for a very open plan feel to the new area and hope to remove an existing chimney breast (which is against the gable end wall) to achieve this.

We are thinking of leaving the chimney intact on the second floor and on the roof etc. and are happy to have a pillar of some sort on the ground floor to support this. Our budget is tight so I wanted to get a ball park estimate of what it would cost?

Can anyone give me a rough cost for removing the chimney etc?? any help and/or advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

you really need a structural engineers opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 charlie3

it sounds like you will need to put in a rsj of some sort ,prop up the chimney .hard to know with out seeing it . it sounds like it would cost anything from 2500€ upwards
    but hard to know :)

Advertisement