Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support Stockings

Options
  • 22-02-2012 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hello,
    Just wondering about getting support stockings during pregnancy, do I need to get them and if so where can I get them.

Also maternity bra is Marks and Sparks the best place and do they do free fitting ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

U can get support stockings in most chemists ... They might have to order them for u as they are specific to ur leg measurements ... Be warned they are about €40 a pair and only come in old lady brown or black ... I thought about getting them earlier on in my pregnancy when I had low BP but decided against it ... Thankfully my BP resolved itself.

Not sure about maternity bras ... No big increase here to justify them!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Real support stockings I thought you could only get in that pharmacy near DIT Kevin St (I'm Dublin based), and you definitely need to get measured. They are absolutely rotten to wear, nearly cried with frustration the first few times I put them on. You won't believe how tight they are. If you weren't recommended them for medical reasons I wouldn't bother - normal airplane support socks would feel more comfy and do the job you're looking for.

If you do need them for medical reasons then invest in heavy thick black tights/leggings to put over them when wearing dresses etc. Go for the knee highs if allowed (less of a struggle!!) I only bought the black ones as it was winter.

Marks do bra fittings with appointment (well I had to make appt in Liffey Valley) Thought the lady who looked after me there was fantastic and really knew her stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PonyP

Marks do bra fittings, however I really recommend Debenhams as well. The staff in the branch in Henry Street were really nice.
    Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

My Mum and several other women in my family suffered with varicose veins and I was very afraid that my pregnancies would result in the same. I worked in offices and wore skirts every day so tights were a must.

Mothercare did their own brand, just described as support tights......normal sizing as with Dunnes etc; In fact, I am sure Marks do their own Support tights too. These are imho adequate for normal pregnancies...I think you guys are thinking of "Tense" stockings for air travel & post op.

47 and no varicose veins...and I wore heels every day of my pregnancies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭short

Thanks all, have not being recommended them for medical reasons, but might just get the Mothcare r Marks ones anyway as VV run in my family so want be on the safe side.
    Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement