Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 5 v 5 Inf Rush Ladder

Options
  • 22-02-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

Thinking of organising this, if anyone wants to help, looking at you KD, then great. Firstly would there be any interest?

It would be on a challenge basis, ie each week teams challenge each other, a win moves you up the ladder and so on.

CI and TiG could prob do 2 teams, but nothing to stop other teams joining too. Also considering doing this Hardcore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Good idea but not for me :(

More of a conquest player and cant stand hardcore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Good idea but not for me :(

More of a conquest player and cant stand hardcore :(

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Sorry, but same, can't stand rush.

Conquest though..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Same myself, really dont like rush in this game. Also not a fan of hardcore at all. I think more of us would prefer a conquest version with rules like the ones on the craggy server.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I too hate rush and hardcore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

how many flags is der on the lowest setting of conquest

if am not wrong their is 4 yea?

5v5 conquest with 4 flags info only would be pointless , think thats why fairy picked rush as only 2 close mcom's per a stage

could be wrong tho and cant be arsed google'n it :rolleyes:

min 8v8 for conquest i think maybe 7 at a push

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

ABE wrote: »
    5v5 conquest with 4 flags info only would be pointless , think thats why fairy picked rush as only 2 close mcom's per a stage

Agree with you that conquest doesn't work for smaller team sizes. However for smaller teams squad rush has different settings. Can only speak for consoles - it's 1 MCOM per stage, 20 tickets for attackers, one squad of 4 players each team. Maps are taken down in size, and I think there are fewer stages per map.

I don't like Rush at all - but Squad Rush can be excellent as a change of pace, and anyone who hasn't tried it should give it a spin with friends (usual problems are exagerated playing with randoms with teams so small).

Conquest has 3 flags up to 5, B2K is 4 i think up to 7

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Happy enough to do conquest, and up to 8 v 8 even. Was thinking smaller teams to help keep it going and thought rush as its clean and easy enough to admin. If peeps are interested in Conquest and the ladder type system then its all good.

I would be up for that. I'll take a delta team I suppose as I still have the Delta Squad platoon set up

• Advertisement

Would like to aim for 5 to 6 teams. The beauty of a ladder is that if you don't have a team available for a certain night you can reject the challenge.

TheFairy wrote: »
    Would like to aim for 5 to 6 teams. The beauty of a ladder is that if you don't have a team available for a certain night you can reject the challenge.

For a ladder system where you challenge the other team you'd need to have active players.

Id reckon squad leaders from boards would have to pick there team knowing the players they picked are around a few nights of the week to accept challenges.

If it was random placement within a boards team like last time i fear it would just be the same problems of no shows over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

it would just be the same problems of no shows over and over again.
    Thus the small teams of 5; there's more of a chance that you'll be able to get 5 people than 12 people, and thus more of a chance of the game going ahead.

Only problem with that is uneven squads in game.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Only problem with that is uneven squads in game.

2 in Squad A, 3 in Squad B

It would have to be infantry only right???

P.S. We could also invite other Irish teams like =IBF2= and other clans/teams we find friendly.

You guys happy to go with 5 v 5. The reason I said it was because we have our public server on inf only at the moment. We played a game of 4 v 4 the other night with HC settings and it turned out to be one of the best BF3 games I've played so far. Ended up 1 ticket to nothing.

The game slowed down and became more tactical, lots of medics in the game and also lots of sneaky play.

Also it should be called "Celtic BF3 Ladder!"

5v5 fine by me, if its hardcore im out do

5v5 fine by me, if its hardcore im out do
    Amazingly, there's not much difference between match settings and default hardcore mode.

If we are on our server tonight jump on it and give it a go, if peeps want normal mode then no worries, but give it a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

5v5 is a tad small

That should be a minimum

but if more turn up then we should be flexible.. if we can manage 7 a side.. its better

the more the merrier

At the very least a game goes ahead if 10 turn up! Yet there's still a game if there's 16.

Played a clan match for djrichards team in hardcore was awful :confused:.

OK lets start with standard settings. Matches will be with 5 v 5 or more players, this can be agreed at time of challenge and adjusted later if both teams agree.

I've set up http://www.myleague.com/boards/ but not sure if its up scratch?

Jonny7 wrote: »
    5v5 is a tad small
    Maybe, but 12v12 seemed not to happen.
    Jonny7 wrote: »
    but if more turn up then we should be flexible.. if we can manage 7 a side.. its better
    Well, maybe play as regular teams, as opposed to 3 team people and 4 randomers one weekm and 2 team people and 5 randomers the next. Esp when the randomers start playing for different teams, as this makes the ladder useless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Played a clan match for djrichards team in hardcore was awful :confused:.

You played well! I hope you realise the level of those guys we were up against? 10 of the 14 players they had play in the Esports league.

Im well up for this, regardless of hardcore or softcore.

By the way, hope no-one takes offence to me going a little off-topic, but I dont see anything about the Boards league for tonight. Has it been stopped due to failures to turn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

djrichard wrote: »
    By the way, hope no-one takes offence to me going a little off-topic, but I dont see anything about the Boards league for tonight. Has it been stopped due to failures to turn up?

I think so, am sure we could fire together 2 teams for a fun scrim 2nite around 8 or 9 , mixture of boards,tig an who ever else ?

I wont be wasting 2 hours off my night hanging around waiting for Alpha team members thats for sure :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I wont be wasting 2 hours off my night hanging around waiting for Alpha team members thats for sure :confused:.

same here for Craggy..better things to be doing...such as playing BF3 :D

Advertisement