Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download speeds wrong

Options
  • 22-02-2012 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

When Im downloading a file, it will tell me its downloading at 125kb/s and will take 10 mins to finish downloading.
    Its been downloading for 2 hours. Any ideas why its showing the wrong speed?
    It has been doing this for the past 2 weeks.
    It does it on both Firefox and Internet Explorer.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

35jgn6g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Anyone have any ideas?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

chrismon wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas?

Without more specific info or screenshots, it's hard to tell much or advise further.

Ok I attached two screenshots of me downloading a file.
    There is 10 mins in the difference in time.
    In that time I downloaded 14mb/s as shown.
    The speed shown between the two screenshots is averaging out at 118.5kb/s.
    If I was downloading at the above speed I would have downloaded 71.1mb in 10 mins. It was working perfect up until two weeks ago and I was easily downloading what it was showing.
    Iv tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer.
    Any idea if this is a problem with Windows, my ISP or my browser?
    Thanks.
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nooneuno

If you are downloading from Rapidshare as a free user then they have limited the DL speed.

• Advertisement

Iv been having the same hassle with other sites also. Mite buy an account for a day and test it.

Advertisement