Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show February 24th 2012 - Eurosong Special

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Skid wrote: »
    Paddy Power now has Jedward at 1/20 favourites, almost unbackable.

Donna McCaul is 11/1 second favourite.

If I had a spare 20,000, it would be an easy 1,000 to make.

I was going to say it's like money in the bank but it's probably a lot safer than that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Well said, it was terrific.

Only Gaybo could have brought up the rape of Sheen's mother and get him to open up about it.

Apparently Sheen had mentioned it for the only time publicly in 1987 on the LLS and didn't even realise it. As I said, fascinating stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I wonder if Tubs will bring up the subject of abortion.. Sheen's views on that are some of the most interesting and considered you'll ever see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Front page of next months Phoenix Magaxine -

President Michael O'Higgins meets President Martin Jeb Barklett

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

telekon wrote: »
    His interview with Gay Byrne for the "Meaning of Life" show still stands as the best one-on-one interview I've ever seen. It was superb. Martin Sheen is a fascinating man and Gaybo a brilliant interviewer.

Is that available anywhere? Link? Not on the player any more :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Same old story... how irish are you martin?.... "very irish".... ah thats good.. lick lick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Have you all voted????

I love seeing the result coming in from the juries, it generally is the same as the public vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've never seen an interviewer so unable to handle his guest.

He was one step away from licking the man's shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

That first song should be renamed 'Very Mistaken'

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

His interview with Gay Byrne for the "Meaning of Life" show still stands as the best one-on-one interview I've ever seen. It was superb. Martin Sheen is a fascinating man and Gaybo a brilliant interviewer.
    Miriam O'Callaghan interviewed him for her "Miriam meets" radio programme. I thought it was nice interview.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/miriammeets/240411.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

lizt wrote: »
    Ok I'm just going to stop replying after this, think we've reached a stalemate on this.

None of the songs will be winning any Grammys any time soon. In my opinion, Jedward are the best of a bad bunch. One of the five acts HAS to represent us so there's nothing we can do about RTE picking cr&p songs.

If they weren't popular in Europe, how did they do so well? The song was good but surely they had something to do with it.

Dustin and Jedward aren't even comparable, Dustin didn't make it past the semis, Jedward made it into the top 10.

They did ok last year, got out of their semi, but never threatened to win, so how did they do so well?

Ireland used to do well by winning it year after year. Now we regard getting out of semi as major success.

Last year Marty Whelan was saying that Jedward was taking Europe by storm?

Why didn't they win it so?

Don't see how they can improve as they definitely had a better song last year.
    My point about Dustin is that being popular and understood in Ireland does not mean it will work in Europe and I think sending Jedward this year with a weaker song will just not work.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is that available anywhere? Link? Not on the player any more :(

Dunno Heidi, if its not on the player, you're all out of luck I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭superglue

Language of Love wouldn't sound out of place at a folk mass.

Dunno Heidi, if its not on the player, you're all out of luck I'd say.

:mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Sh*t, no Lordi...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

My BF, who just arrived from work asked me ' where do they pull these people out of - a lucky bag? he is an uneducated country man...............but he hits the nail on the head

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

It is ya DLB its getting very exciting,about as much crack as kick in the balls :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

For a weird moment I thought Tubs was going to to tell us that after the break all acts would sing a medley a la Xfactor!!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    :mad:

Hey, don't take it out on me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

kleefarr wrote: »
    Interesting..

You don't happen to know which five countries do you? Just out of interest.

Germany,Sweden, Austria, Ireland (and I can't locate the other one at the moment) (and admittedly Ireland doesn't count for Eurovision voting)

http://www.digitalspy.ie/music/news/a319777/jedward-blue-dominate-european-itunes-charts.html

http://www.belgovision.com/en/index_f.php?id=7770

It does indicate why Louis Walsh wants Jedward back - some big markets there, very worthwhile sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Birdie086 wrote: »
    My BF, who just arrived from work asked me ' where do they pull these people out of - a lucky bag? he is an uneducated country man.

I hope your BF doesn't read these pages! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MrTufnell

Birdie086 wrote: »
    My BF, who just arrived from work asked me ' where do they pull these people out of - a lucky bag? he is an uneducated country man...............but he hits the nail on the head

What??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

downburst wrote: »
    I have it from good authourity that Linda dips her whole head to the nape of her neck in Formaldehyde every night to preserve her said head. It hasn't worked.

I will stick with the oil of olay for now so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

If we sent Jedward, we'd basically have a gaurenteed 12 points front the UK and Sweden. Those swedes love abita jedward, so they do :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Can we send Martin Sheen to Eurovison?

He'd be brilliant doing one of those spoken album type things, like William Shatner

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Sh*t, no Lordi...:(

Bu Bu...But they promised:(:(:(:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

lizt wrote: »
    Obviously not.... sure they might as well have come last :rolleyes:

Stop putting words in my mouth.

8th is 8th. I want to win!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Only Gaybo could have brought up the rape of Sheen's mother and get him to open up about it.

Apparently Sheen had mentioned it for the only time publicly in 1987 on the LLS and didn't even realise it. As I said, fascinating stuff...

I'm a bit ambivalent about Gay's style, but he is able to get stuff out of people.
    I liked his Geldof and Branson interviews recently as well.
    Actually that program is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

oh yea the cheesiest song in the world ever is coming up and i love love love it - apparently i have loved it since i was in my cot.
    ah and then the jeddies will be on their way to eurovision again - unless all of Una's fans around the country flood the lines?? maybe or Donna manages to harness the pink vote? is that possible mmm
    ah it doesn't matter anyway the troike would never let us hold it 'you won what now? ah, no. No that is not going to happen unless you can find a way to do it that MAKES 3 billion'

• Advertisement

Hey, don't take it out on me. :(

Oh God, no, that was a general :mad:, not aimed at anyone in particular (except maybe RTE and their 3 week limit player)

Advertisement