Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show February 24th 2012 - Eurosong Special

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭deisemum

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I have a feeling we won't get into the Saturday show this time....

I don't think they will get to the Saturday show but I'd love if they did but then none of the other 4 acts would get into the Saturday show. They were the best of a bad lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

deisemum wrote: »
    I don't think they will get to the Saturday show but I'd love if they did but then none of the other 4 acts would get into the Saturday show. They were the best of a bad lot.

That Mann song was the best one I thought. The Jedward song was a copy of Westlife "When You're Looking Like That". The McCaul one was dreadful. The worst of the lot was the first one. The girl couldn't sing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Jedward are now 7/1 favourites to win.

And the UK are sending Engelbert Humperdinck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

lizt wrote: »

That's 7/1 in Ireland and the UK I presume? Way better songs than Jedwards in this year competition but I expect the usually shock here when we lose and Europe doesn't love us anymore argument rolled out. Not that Jedward are rubbish and a novelty act that has lost the novelty.

Engelbert is 75 so don't expect much gyrating or he might break a hip.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

lizt wrote: »

Sweden are actually favourites with most bookmakers, even though they haven't selected their song:confused:. But according to my swedish housemate they're likely to be sending this:

Catchy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

KeithAFC wrote: »
    That video is silly. The Eurovision song contest is just a laugh. It isn't supposed to be about producing a great piece of music. Jedward are perfect for it and they finished 8th last time. This time they will either win or come in the top 3 or 5 IMO.

They won fair and square. Some people need to accept that.

Well if ever there was an affirmation that Jedward are an absolute joke to Ireland, it's the fact that you are so delighted that they are representing us.

You're fooling no-one.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭HicksLennon

Poor aul Jedward... they are making the € no doubt but i have to say i felt rather sorry for them on the Saturday Night Show last week... They are no longer children... i am a closet fan of them yet even i am starting to think it looks a little ridiculous... And are they as good a role model as Linda Martin makes them out?? yes they are healthy, no drugs clean living young people... but are they not also giving children the wrong message... re you don't need to be talented/work hard to make it/be succesfull... you just need to be loud/cocky and say whatever is on your mind... this works in the land of Jedward but not in the real world.... once again i do/did like the guys and they gave all of us a boost a couple of years ago but its wearing thin... for me anyway... Sorry guys, just being honest... thanks for the laughs along the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Poor aul Jedward... they are making the € no doubt but i have to say i felt rather sorry for them on the Saturday Night Show last week... They are no longer children... i am a closet fan of them yet even i am starting to think it looks a little ridiculous... And are they as good a role model as Linda Martin makes them out?? yes they are healthy, no drugs clean living young people... but are they not also giving children the wrong message... re you don't need to be talented/work hard to make it/be succesfull... you just need to be loud/cocky and say whatever is on your mind... this works in the land of Jedward but not in the real world.... once again i do/did like the guys and they gave all of us a boost a couple of years ago but its wearing thin... for me anyway... Sorry guys, just being honest... thanks for the laughs along the way :D
    Personally i think last year was their year for the eurovision. Their only hope this year is that the so called european charm offensive RTE tell us so much about has paid off for them ....
    I think they are starting to look a little too old and creepy... Fair enough if they win, but i think it show extreme lack of effort and foresight from Ireland. The whole concept of "are they did ok last year and nobody knew them....sure we'll send them back...." is flawed..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

They should send out someone like Ruslana, the Ukrainian entry who won it in 2004. Someone who is good looking and who can actually sing and dance as well. I know Eurovision is all block voting now but still we should send out someone with some talent. Those two are 20 year old men now its time they started acting like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

JED are decent guys...

my little 10 years old niece is in reemission with
    stomach cancer and they could'nt be nicer to her.

thay saying i'm up for romania.it seems they hve
    a half decent song.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

They should send out someone like Ruslana, the Ukrainian entry who won it in 2004. Someone who is good looking and who can actually sing and dance as well. I know Eurovision is all block voting now but still we should send out someone with some talent. Those two are 20 year old men now its time they started acting like it.

:eek: noooo, seriously that would be just too boring. i quite enjoy them. seriously need a bit of fun in the doom and gloom

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    :eek: noooo, seriously that would be just too boring. i quite enjoy them. seriously need a bit of fun in the doom and gloom

Yeah there is no harm in them and fair play to them they are making lots of money but the joke is wearing thin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Gergiev

They are no longer children...i am starting to think it looks a little ridiculous... And are they as good a role model as Linda Martin makes them out??...are they not also giving children the wrong message...you just need to be loud/cocky and say whatever is on your mind...

I can only agree with you.

Apparently if you don't drink or smoke these days that makes you some way superior to the rest of us.

What really annoys me is that they only ever talk about themselves and whatever seems to be stimulating them at that particular moment.

Most teenagers are taught or pick it up for themselves that it's unmannerly or downright boorish to keep going on about yourself and your own concerns.

So instead of "me, me, me" all the time, we get a substitute of "we, we, we".

If you restricted themselves to discussing any subject without reference back to themselves they'd have absolutely nothing to say.

It's puzzling that this kind of narcissism and arrested development is lauded in Ireland in 2012 but maybe it says exactly where we're at after more than a decade of out-and-out consumerism.

I thought the nadir of their behaviour was their reaction to their victory in Eurosong when they leapt straight into the air and out of the room and everyone associated with them made a bolt for the door and stage without even a nod to the other beaten contestants.

For sheer classlessness, it was hard to beat...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Gergiev

thay saying i'm up for romania.it seems they hve
    a half decent song.

Actually, Romania don't have any song yet.

Their final takes place next Saturday night.

Unless, of course, you've inadvertently posted the result in advance.

In which case, we've stumbled over a dastardly fix as it's already been decided behind the scenes! :D

Advertisement