Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car rental and credit card question...

Options
  • 22-02-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking to rent a car when i arrive in Auz, does anyone know if a credit card is a definite requirement or would they accept cash?
    This is for anyone who has rented one i guess.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭horse7

I have only used a card,it makes it easy for them if they have to bill you for any problems,i think they would be suspicous of you using cash,why dont you email and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Cheers, ya if the big ones (avis,hertz) are like here then i know they will want a credit card. Taught there may be some not so big car hire companies that would do it this way. Prob give them a ring during the week see if there an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

Not sure about cash, but I've used a laser card in the Czech Rep. and payed the full deposit which was then returned onto my card afterwards. I can't see why they wouldn't have accepted cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

The rental can be paid in cash. It's the security bond that may be the issue. Some smaller places do take cash, starts at about $600 odd, depending on car.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You don't need a credit card. A debit card is fine. you'll get one when you open your bank account.
    I rented a car recently with Hertz and debit card was fine.
    $80 holding fee on the card was all was needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Jucy accept cash on arrival

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Lovely, thanks Mellor!

Advertisement