Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

northwest pony club costs

Options
  • 22-02-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

My daughter wants to join a local pony club. It's called the northwest pony club in Donegal. Anyone know how much membership is? do you need your own horse etc... my friend says it's very dear, I don't want to embaress myself. can't find any info online.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Pony Club membership is peanuts (€90 per year) in comparison to what else you need.

You need a pony, you also need to transport the pony to events, you also need insurance for the child and proper safety equipment that meets all the quality standards. You also need to say goodbye to your weekends between now and when your daughter is old enough to drive and tow a trailer :D

I assume your daughter is already an accomplished rider? - that's the first thing you need so if not, she needs a few years worth of lessons first.

Contact details here: http://www.irishponyclub.ie/area_6_branches.html

The focus of pony club is competitive equine sports, it's not really for complete beginners or hobby riders to be honest. As for the costs of keeping and ongoing training for a pony - that's probably for a different forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You need a pony
    Post of the day :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

muffler wrote: »
    Post of the day :p

Well they did ask, it's not a stupid question if you don't know the answer :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 killacorner

Thankyou very much!!!

Greatly appreciated!!!!

Advertisement