Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Car Battery ASAP HELP!!!

Options
  • 22-02-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Cheapest place to get a new car battery? Its for a 1998 Mitsubishi Galant 2.6L V6 .... just went outside to start my car and its totally dead. Need a cheap one really really fast! Like first thing in the morning! Cheapest I have found is 109 euro and that seems very high to me!

HELP!
    HELP!
    HELP!
    HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Batteries are usually about 80 from a motor factors.
    Where are you? How will you get to the shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Sounds about right to me to be honest for a 2.6.

Calbro on Tuam Road are usually pretty good for batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

biko wrote: »
    Batteries are usually about 80 from a motor factors.
    Where are you? How will you get to the shop?

I have a neighbor who is willing to give the car a jump in the morning (fingers crossed that works) And sorry (I'm American) whats a Motor Factors? I called Halfords and Advance Pitstop and Both were about 129 euro.

I'm just between Athenry and Oranmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I have a neighbor who is willing to give the car a jump in the morning (fingers crossed that works) And sorry (I'm American) whats a Motor Factors? I called Halfords and Advance Pitstop and Both were about 129 euro.

And I've always found Halfords much more expensive for bulbs/batteries etc.

Calbro Motor Factors
    Tuam Road, Galway

A motor factors is a place that sells car parts.

Anyone of these in Galway will have batteries, and also take old battery back.
    Galway shopping centre
    Next to Subway, Tuam Road
    Liosban Estate
    Monivea Road

A battery takes 2 mins to change out.

• Advertisement

Thanks I know just where that place is! Will be going there first thing in the morning!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ring around, the battery type will be on the top (e.g. Type 063).

I priced one for my car at €150 from Halfords last year. It was €80 from Top Part.

Robbo wrote: »
    Ring around, the battery type will be on the top (e.g. Type 063).

I priced one for my car at €150 from Halfords last year. It was €80 from Top Part.

Where is top part? I don't think it has a Type on mine to be honest, just looked at it earlier but I could be wrong.... This is what I wrote down earlier that it said......

20HR 70AH
    BCI CCA 700A
    EN CCA 720A

Just go to any of those and bring the old one in, they'll give you the right replacement.
    Advanced and similar places will charge you for labour to exchange it but you can do that yourself.

The shop will take the old battery back free. It's the law.

Advertisement