Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smelly breath

• 22-02-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

I've noticed recently a lot of people with really smelly breath, enough to make me step back from them when talking.
    I'm thinking is this because of the cutbacks of dental services on the medical card and PRSI system. If so, in the next few years we are going to be overrun with people with halitosis!
    Given that the person with the offending odour most likely has no idea they have smelly breath, what would be the best way of letting them know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Constantly over them a chewing gum or a mint, not that it will really help, just mask the smell a tad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Put your hand over your face and say "dude/dudess your breath smells like a fat dudes arse crack."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

it's down to a poor diet and carlsberg. . .mostly carlsberg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Coffee drinkers are the worst.....especially if they smoke! The combination of both could take paint off the walls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

I'm thinking is this because of the cutbacks of dental services on the medical card and PRSI system. If so, in the next few years we are going to be overrun with people with halitosis!

It's really easy not to have bad breath - just give your tongue a good brush as well when brushing your teeth - costs nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I don't think it has anything to do with 'cutbacks of dental services on the medical card and PRSI system'. It's generally just poor dental hygiene/gastro problems. You shouldn't need a professional clean to have clean breath, do your flossing and brushing like you're supposed to and things should be okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Yeah and hairy women, feckers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Whenever their face is close to yours, say "Did you just fart?"
    Do this every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

biko wrote: »
    Whenever their face is close to yours, say "Did you just fart?"
    Do this every time.

Did I just what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Are you sure it's not your nose that's smelling OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

I'm always scared I have smelly breath! Any time I know I would be in a social setting then I always chew minty gum. I always get my friends to smell it and they say it's fine but I think I'm just a tad obsessed...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I carry trebor XXXX mints with me during the day as I smoke. Nothing gives a worse impression than ashtray breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

danslevent wrote: »
    I'm always scared I have smelly breath! Any time I know I would be in a social setting then I always chew minty gum. I always get my friends to smell it and they say it's fine but I think I'm just a tad obsessed...

Nope, I think you're a perfectly rational human being. :)

Except you're a bit of a cunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Sometimes it is coming form their stomachs

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Do em from behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

kfallon wrote: »
    Coffee drinkers are the worst.....especially if they smoke! The combination of both could take paint off the walls!
    I completely agree, I'm a coffee drinker but I'm very conscious of coffee breath, so much so that I wash my teeth after every cup. Actually, I think I might have a touch of OCD when it comes to washing my teeth :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

It's a bit like a partner having an affair, the innocent partner is always the last to know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

I had to break up with a girl for this before. The straw that broke the camels back was when we were in the cinema, both facing the screen, and I could still smell it... Shocking. I didnt have the heart to tell her though...

'Its not you, its me (and my fooking nostrils)'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

kfallon wrote: »
    I'd take smokers breath over naturally smelly breath any day of the week. Repulsive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I don't think it has anything to do with 'cutbacks of dental services on the medical card and PRSI system'. It's generally just poor dental hygiene/gastro problems. You shouldn't need a professional clean to have clean breath, do your flossing and brushing like you're supposed to and things should be okay.
    If you have stomach problems it will cause bad breath. Also if you have a tooth/teeth with bad decay it can cause severe bad breath. That's what I mean by the cutbacks, people can afford root canal treatment and what not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

danslevent wrote: »

If you're worrying about it then you're probably grand. In my experience, the worst offenders tend to be blissfully un-aware that their breath comes straight from Satans arse-crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

so disgusting..can't handle it at all!!! But it is a difficult situation alright because you can never really tell the other person without beeing hurtful...but i'd like to be told!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

OP - looking at your username, smelly breath should be the least of your concerns.

Advertisement