Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypespotting scotland 23-25th March

Options
  • 22-02-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Sup guys,

I am going to head over to Glasgow for Scotlands first national tournament, Ive looked at flights and accommodation and they are really cheap.

Flights are 35 euros on ryanair including taxes and charges, flying out Friday night and returning Monday morning, i have an exam Monday so i have to be back that morning, accommodation is 161 euros for 3 nights for a triple room, that works out at about 54 euros each for the hotel based on 3 people sharing.

In total thats about 90 euros for flights and accommodation.

The games are

Street Fighter 4: AE
    Street Fighter 3 Third Strike 3 on 3 Team Battle
    King of Fighters
    Marvel vs Capcom 3
    Mavel vs Capcom 3 : 3 on 3 Team Battle
    Virtua Fighter 5

Who is interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

i think for now 1 national tournament a year is enough for me... but in the future i plan to travel more.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Strange that there's no SFxT at this.

Am v interested in going. Just need to check that I have no important exams or labs on the Friday or Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

doyler, we fly friday night and return monday morning, ive a CA monday morning, but our flight lands at 7.40am, so thats more than enough time for me to get to class, if you have college am sure you can make it as well. I don`t think this trip will effect anybody who is working or studying. Its a cheap trip away, and one that i think will be worth going on.

Also this event will be streamed and there is a good chance that the winners could be picked up by a gaming team, so i would really push for any irish players seeking sponsorship to attend and take part.

We have players good enough to win, 3rd strike, marvel and sf4, so i really think people should get together and plan to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Reckons I'll give this a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

no mk :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'm interested in going to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'm interested in going to this.

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

3v3 sounds hype

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Jaysus for less than 100 quid I'd go to that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Definitely interested, 3s yallll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

calling dibs on being on ramza's 3s team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

OH **** BEAST TWELVE

Need to have 3 beast Marvel players, whos in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

The poster is a brilliant take on Trainspotting

hypespotting_final_v1.jpg

Our top tier here could do some serious damage there and rep Ireland bigstyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Yeah lads, go beat them up

Nutrient wrote: »
    Need to have 3 beast Marvel players, whos in?

I was gonna just go solo the 3v3 with a couple of these bad boys in case I lose a match.
    blue-footed-booby27.jpg

But if you me and a 3rd go that could work too.

Well you can borrow my glasses for free if ya like. Or maybe I can run to the bathroom and shave and cut my hair between matches for me.

But I'll be there any way if anyone needs a scrubby moronic partner

Doyler01 wrote: »
    I was gonna just go solo the 3v3 with a couple of these bad boys in case I lose a match.

But if you me and a 3rd go that could work too.
    blue-footed-booby27.jpg

Nah reckon I'll borrow these thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'll go.

Chunkis can you link to hotel and flights plz.

• Advertisement

Well the only rule for Irish teams is we have to abuse out teammates as much as possible. Every time we drop a combo is a slap in the back of the head. And cheer on the opponent whenever he hits us. . . . . . . . . or is that too much???

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Well the only rule for Irish teams is we have to abuse out teammates as much as possible. Every time we drop a combo is a slap in the back of the head. And cheer on the opponent whenever he hits us. . . . . . . . . or is that too much???

Whoever came up with this clearly knows what he's doing. :pac:

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Whoever came up with this clearly knows what he's doing. :pac:

I learn *cough* copy *cough* from the best

I learn *cough* copy *cough* from the best

lol

http://www.hypespotting.co.uk/

Just reading some of the rules. Group Stages into single elimination tournaments. Better be bringing our A Game.

And it will be streamed :cool:

Chunkis, one of the guys that runs this event was watching our stream at Dreddys. He said he would do us some deals if a few of us were to go. Should send an email maybe asking for this.

I'm up for going to this if a few are going. I'l save for a diff international if there's not much interest tho.

Well I'm up for 4 tournies anyway. Still don't see the pull of Virtua Fighter (unless I'm missing something) over something like KOF, BB, Tekken or MK. So that's 50 for the weekend for me + travel. Not bad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

yeah whatever deal you wanna do get on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Well I'm up for 4 tournies anyway. Still don't see the pull of Virtua Fighter (unless I'm missing something) over something like KOF, BB, Tekken or MK. So that's 50 for the weekend for me + travel. Not bad really.

For what it's worth, they had a vote a while back for one of the slots and VF won: http://www.versus-scotland.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=422

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I think right now I'm leaning towards going, I've been really swamped and haven't had a chance to participate in the scene as much as I would have liked, so I think this would be a good return :)

Chunkis and Dreddy of course we have to do the 3s 3v3, although I am out of practice and need to train up!

My younger brother said he would also love to go for extra support, he's also interested, although his knowledge of FGs is limited he would still like to go so I'll keep you updated :)

Advertisement