Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypespotting scotland 23-25th March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I dunno if I'm going to go now that I've realised there's no SFxT tournament at it. I'm gonna be bet into that for the few weeks before this tournament and I doubt I'll be playing anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I dunno if I'm going to go now that I've realised there's no SFxT tournament at it. I'm gonna be bet into that for the few weeks before this tournament and I doubt I'll be playing anything else.

Are ya serious!? If there is no SFxT just focus on AE and 3s no? Ah it'll be bad to lose a good 3s player if ya don't go :(

There's no way I'm focusing on AE and 3s for the first few weeks of a new fighting game coming out. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Dreddybajs wrote: »

I feel the exact same. Was mad hype for this but now idk.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Doyler01 wrote: »
    I feel the exact same. Was mad hype for this but now idk.

Same, after watching Cross Assault I am mad hype for SfxT and the first "major" I can go to won't have it. I say they would have gotten loads more to go if they had it. Still confused about VF really. I did not even know they still made those games

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I was speaking to Miligano one of the organisers and he was saying the reason for no SFxT was that its tournamet viability with Gems/DLC was abit of an unknown at the moment and they didn't want to commit to as its the first major fighting game tournament they are hosting up there and they want things to go as smooth as possible.

Asked him about VF5 at it and he said there was a community vote on tournaments and VF5 was one of the games that got voted in. Apparantly they have 1 really good VF5 player over there but a few good international players where expected to attend.

Also looking at getting 80-100 players at the event and build from there.

Anyways I don't think I be interested in going for just 1 game, if SFxT was at it as well, I'd be more up for it.

Suppose it like us and Blazblue I guess. They must have a good VF following there.

From what I can see at Cross Assault (which is using the retail version) the gems take less than a minute to set up, if you know what your looking for, which is the same amount of time I spend making sure my team was color coordinated in vanilla Marvel.

Just don't know why people just say "all DLC gems are banned until they are commercially available/unlocked"

*Edit*

I still want to go but if I can find another tourney in the UK that I like the look of more I would go to that instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

They could have went with a ban on dlc and gems that could have been subject to change.

Meh similar things happened before Marvels launch. I remember such talk of banning people from using X-Factor and such. Give it a month or two and rules should be "normallised"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Virtua Fighter 5 ver.C, while old, is still a deeper game than any 3D fighter you care to mention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Virtua Fighter 5 ver.C, while old, is still a deeper game than any 3D fighter you care to mention.

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How?
    Mindgames. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

I don`t get why you guys are not interested in going, this is the cheapest international tournament your going to be able to able to attend. Its got most of the games we currently play and its the first instalment of scotlands national tournament, its definitely a tournament you guys should consider going to.

if you guys want to create exposure for the irish scene part of that is to travel and represent where your from, also if you want to get better and improve travelling to tournaments is definitely the best way to do that.

Also if you guys ever want to be sponsored you have to travel and win events, this is a perfect opportunity for our best players to show what the can do.

Also these trips are not just about the games, its about the craic you have when your away, anybody who has ever been to an international event knows that its great craic and you really miss out when you don`t attend.

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I would definitely go for the craic Chunkis, I thought Cannes was great fun.

And even though this is dirt cheap, I don't think I can spare a whole weekend so soon after the last international tournament.

So it's not lack of interest on my part, but lack of spare time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm in the same situation as Dave, don't think I can afford 2 long weekends 2 months in a row.

If I could I'd be there in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Chunkis link the ****ing flights man and I'll see.

It's right there in the first line of my xbox bio; I love red-heads. I'm up for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

chunkis wrote: »
    I don`t get why you guys are not interested in going, this is the cheapest international tournament your going to be able to able to attend. Its got most of the games we currently play and its the first instalment of scotlands national tournament, its definitely a tournament you guys should consider going to.

if you guys want to create exposure for the irish scene part of that is to travel and represent where your from, also if you want to get better and improve travelling to tournaments is definitely the best way to do that.

Also if you guys ever want to be sponsored you have to travel and win events, this is a perfect opportunity for our best players to show what the can do.

Also these trips are not just about the games, its about the craic you have when your away, anybody who has ever been to an international event knows that its great craic and you really miss out when you don`t attend.

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

It's not as easy as just getting stuff together and heading out

• Can I afford it?
    • Can I get time off work?
    • Who's going?
    • Will I fall behind? [College]
    • Is 1 game worth attending?
    • Do I have a shot at winning? [Top 16 even]
    All these things and more have to be considered before heading to any foreign event, however, if the people pondering this are the types that say "Theres not enough tourneys, I don't like xy and z" Heres your chance, quit ******** about not heading to these events and fecking go.

Get off your arse and make us look good!

I'm heading in with or without Gem fighter being at the event, heck I'm even entering 2 extra tourneys for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

This sounds fun, get your 3v card ready nutrient

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

but gems

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Gem no Gems, famous cobelcog can beat em all

im going to pakistan, otherwise i may consider it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

chunkis wrote: »

That was damn sick.

I went svb for one game and had great craic, I could have entered 2 or 3 but decided to focus on 3s and almost got top 8 (fu pedram swe) i don't think anyone should be discouraged because sfxt is not on the line up, if you can afford to and would like to go then go since obviously you play other games :)

Are 3s heads from svb going chunkis? If so I need to train up, given I am going hehe

Me dreddy and ramza have booked for scotland here are the flight details if anybody else wants to book.

Flights were 35 euros each including taxes and charges.

GOING OUT

From Dublin T1 (DUB) to Glasgow (Prestwick) (PIK)
    Fri, 23Mar12 Flight FR 778 Depart DUB at 19:20 and arrive PIK at 20:10

COMING BACK

From Glasgow (Prestwick) (PIK) to Dublin T1 (DUB)
    Mon, 26Mar12 Flight FR 771 Depart PIK at 06:50 and arrive DUB at 07:40

Also for people who are interested in street fighter x tekken as far as i know dogtanian will be in scotland running a tournament for it, i think it will be free to enter and there will be some capcom and madcatz stuff to give away, so if you didn`t wanna go because there was no sfxt, now you can :)

Yeah looks like I'm going after all, get hype.

aegis reflector

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

The only factor for me is getting enough money to go. If only Doyler hadn't robbed me blind yesterday.

Joking aside, I'm seriously considering going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Lythero wrote: »
    The only factor for me is getting enough money to go. If only Doyler hadn't robbed me blind yesterday.

Joking aside, I'm seriously considering going.

Better get to money matching then:D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Nutrient wrote: »
    Better get to money matching then:D

Stop implying I can't get a job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Who else is thinking of going?

Rooms are a 3 man job

Advertisement