Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypespotting scotland 23-25th March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Whats the craic with registration I still didnt do it yet? When is it closed?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ramza wrote: »
    Whats the craic with registration I still didnt do it yet? When is it closed?

Man, there's about 8 days, just do it asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Did anyone contact the TO that was stream monstering the stream at Dreddys?
    He offered us a deal if a bunch of us came over. Maybe we will get a coupon code for the registration?

Does anyone remember his handle?

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Did anyone contact the TO that was stream monstering the stream at Dreddys?
    He offered us a deal if a bunch of us came over. Maybe we will get a coupon code for the registration?

Does anyone remember his handle?

This?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77434635&postcount=64

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

We all have to register together using the same paypal payment and then we get a fiver off each. Asked on IRC and it didn't look like anyone would be able to pay for everybody together.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    We all have to register together using the same paypal payment and then we get a fiver off each. Asked on IRC and it didn't look like anyone would be able to pay for everybody together.

I know I couldn't. It's not likely someone has £400-odd lying around to pay for it upfront without getting the money off everyone else first. The problem is not everyone can conveniently send their registration fee via PayPal (or in person, since we're not all in Dublin) to the one paying the Organizer.

If you already have a bank card, it's pretty easy and fast to set up a PayPal account.

Just PMed Affro to ask if we can pay separately and still get the discount. Either way we should prereg so we don't end up in the same group (which could happen if we register on the day).

@ Lythero, most bank cards in the Republic are Laser cards, which afaik you can't use with Paypal or basically any other useful service.

I shud be able to register by tonight or tomorrow, gonna try asap

Just PMed Affro to ask if we can pay separately and still get the discount. Either way we should prereg so we don't end up in the same group (which could happen if we register on the day).

@ Lythero, most bank cards in the Republic are Laser cards, which afaik you can't use with Paypal or basically any other useful service.

That's a shame.

If Affro can't let it happen, we can register the regular way. Every little helps, but the lack of a £5 deal isn't a huge loss.

• Advertisement

When you're registering (separately), put a note on the paypal ticket that you're getting a discount with the group of Irish guys. We'll be refunded the fivers on the day.

When you're registering (separately), put a note on the paypal ticket that you're getting a discount with the group of Irish guys. We'll be refunded the fivers on the day.

Sweet! Nice going, Dreddy :D Registering now then.

Registered for SF MVC and MVC teams. The entry for 3v3 signs you up for 3s and MvC but they will refund u £5 if u only enter one.

Registered now for AE and 3s teams (it was weird since I had to choose "community vote" teams). Spose the game wasn't decided on then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

What did everyone sign up for?

I'm in for SSFIV but considering VF5 for the ska.

I take it there is one full 3rd strike team already made up?

If there's a space, I'm up for taking it, or as unlikely as it would be, if there are 2 more players amongst our contingent, a second team. (I'm not 100% on what everyone plays)

Hype

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Gluck this weekend lads, sorry I can't be there.

Take some names :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQp7gP6mogHK1p3YTvV7KfnKEQiycrzVTHHT44h8i_kwL3BGWVbA

We'll do more than take names.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Lythero wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQp7gP6mogHK1p3YTvV7KfnKEQiycrzVTHHT44h8i_kwL3BGWVbA

We'll do more than take names.

M.O.D.O.K. ?

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    M.O.D.O.K. ?

Why, it's Reggie Fils-Aime of course!

Also, in case anyone doesn't know and is interested: Hypespotting is going to be streamed live on twitch.tv. The brackets will be updated at their twitter and facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Why, it's Reggie Fils-Aime of course!

1324321064001.jpg

;)

• Advertisement

Sooooooooooooooo....

I done goofed. My passport expired in October and I didnt realise..
    Been frantic looking up info and calling ryanair but unfortunately I cannot go.
    Other airlines will accept a drivers licence travelling Eire to Scot but Ryanair wont..

Sorry guys : / Feel **** & wasted a ton of cash.

Dreddy would do great in the 3v3 with Lee and Nutrient if he can get over his hate of the game. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Sooooooooooooooo....

I done goofed. My passport expired in October and I didnt realise..
    Been frantic looking up info and calling ryanair but unfortunately I cannot go.
    Other airlines will accept a drivers licence travelling Eire to Scot but Ryanair wont..

Sorry guys : / Feel **** & wasted a ton of cash.

Dreddy would do great in the 3v3 with Lee and Nutrient if he can get over his hate of the game. :p

Surely theres a way around that?
    Isn't there a rule that if it hasn't expired past 6 months you can travel?

You should try ring Ryanair about the issue, Student ID, Drivers License?
    Must be a something you can do

It seems like such a waste to not try everything you can man

Been at it all day Nutrient, am gutted.

Ryanair customer service told me there's no way around it.

Whopper waste..

Been at it all day Nutrient, am gutted.

Ryanair customer service told me there's no way around it.

Whopper waste..

Nooooo...

This is terrible :C

Edit:
    Would you be able to get a ferry over from Belfast?
    Assuming Ryanair would refund your tickets, you could look into it if you still wanted to go http://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/coach-2010/stranraer-belfast/
    Return bus tickets from Dublin to Belfast don't expire for a month, so the one ticket would get you back from Belfast to Dublin on the Monday.

Yeah I'll enter MVC3 teams. Don't expect anything special from me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Assuming Ryanair would refund your tickets

Not to sound negative, but this is incredible unlikely.

I've lost a flight to Ryanair too in the past.

3rd strike A game good to go woop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Go to the passport office tomorrow morning with evidence of your tickets and you might be able to get an emergency one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Go to the passport office tomorrow morning with evidence of your tickets and you might be able to get an emergency one.

We gotta fly out before 8.00am

Don't think it would even be open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Yeah i second this.

I am picking up my passport tomorrow, if you go first thing in the morning doyler they will issue you with an emergency passport, but if i were in your shoes i would just bluff it, the guy at the gate never checks the date on the passport, if anything when you hold your passport up cover the date with your finger, all they look for is your photo.

Advertisement