Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypespotting scotland 23-25th March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

chunkis wrote: »
    Yeah i second this.

I am picking up my passport tomorrow, if you go first thing in the morning doyler they will issue you with an emergency passport, but if i were in your shoes i would just bluff it, the guy at the gate never checks the date on the passport, if anything when you hold your passport up cover the date with your finger, all they look for is your photo.

I guess he could play stupid doing that

But It's not gonna be checked once, It's checked multiple times
    Once before you enter the terminal, second getting on the plane

**** would hit the fan too if he was stopped at the Glasgow airport.:/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

but if i were in your shoes i would just bluff it, the guy at the gate never checks the date on the passport, if anything when you hold your passport up cover the date with your finger, all they look for is your photo.

thats way too risky IMO... i would try my best to get that emergency passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

So many solutions.

So little time...

Getting ready to leave for Scotland

I'll see you all there, around 8.00PM

Until then

Untitled-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Just popping in here to say good luck to those who are going, have a blast and take some names. :)

• Advertisement

Get into scotland and start messaging Jun

Jun_Dp101 is now Online.
    Nutrient: Jun help
    Nutrient: THEY GOT MY ****!
    Nutrient: THE COWS
    Nutrient: SEND THE COMMUNITY
    Jun_Dp101: wheres ur knife
    Nutrient: They broke my kniife
    Jun_Dp101: k ill be there in 40 minutes
    Nutrient: K thanks bro
    Jun_Dp101: *goes back to sleep
    Nutrient: NO

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Yeah i second this.

I am picking up my passport tomorrow, if you go first thing in the morning doyler they will issue you with an emergency passport, but if i were in your shoes i would just bluff it, the guy at the gate never checks the date on the passport, if anything when you hold your passport up cover the date with your finger, all they look for is your photo.

The flight was too early for passport office. Also u need to give details of ur passport to check in online.
    Otherwise I'd have to pay an extra 60 to check in person.. Not worth it for a risk. I looked it up and if u check in at the airport with ryanair they take down all ur passport details. Had no options left really. Sucks a bag of dicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That sucks Doyler. Would it cost much to transfer onto the later flight? Could do that and try for the emergency passport?

Good luck to the rest of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

**** buzz doyler, sorry about that :/

I'll be in town later anyway, looking forward to this weekend :D

Doyler01 wrote: »
    The flight was too early for passport office. Also u need to give details of ur passport to check in online.
    Otherwise I'd have to pay an extra 60 to check in person.. Not worth it for a risk. I looked it up and if u check in at the airport with ryanair they take down all ur passport details. Had no options left really. Sucks a bag of dicks.

In Glasgow now

Some girls checked in with Driver ID's AND Student ID's

Ryanair really didn't seem to give a crap:/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 affro

Sup guys, drop me a PM if you want to get a hold of my mobile number so drop me a text when you get into Glasgow, there are a load of us meeting up on the Friday night for some casuals and to get some food and a couple of beers.

I'm currently in the hotel room, if you guys want me to leave a spare key behind the desk {she gave me all 3} or wait in the lobby at a certain time let me know okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Nutrient wrote: »
    I'm currently in the hotel room, if you guys want me to leave a spare key behind the desk {she gave me all 3} or wait in the lobby at a certain time let me know okay?

Did they accept your 3V card this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Naphiel wrote: »
    Did they accept your 3V card this time?

how's the local internet cafe?

In XGC now, just arrived, printing off my reg receipt etc, see yis later anyways yis **** :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

We are here playing at a session in an XGC-style place, just us, couple Scots and some of the Manchester crew so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    We are here playing at a session in an XGC-style place, just us, couple Scots and some of the Manchester crew so far.
    Do me a favour and ask what the deal is with the Manchester scene for banter and heading there for casuals and ****, I'd like to head up from Liverpool some time to get my ass handed to me. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Just an update that the stream is running today

http://www.twitch.tv/versusscotland

I'm not sure if any of the our crew are in or out or whatnot.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Apparently Lythero, Nutrient > Marvel still in

Ramza, dreddy and Chunkis still in in both SSF4 and 3S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Loving the Irish presence on the Stream.

And Ramza bheasting Ryan hart in 3S on Stream!

Go on Ramza!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Congrats on taking 3S teams, lads. Job well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 affro

Thanks for coming along guys, you were a ****ing good laugh, if you get a chance once your back and you give us some feedback on how you think it went? Cheers - http://tinyurl.com/7vl9jyz

Cheers Affro, the tournament was brilliant. Thanks again for everything, ye Scots are a sound lot.

To summarise the Irish results:

3rd Strike teams: 1st place

UMVC3 teams: 4th place (we got DQed first round of winners, losers bracket all the way to semis). Absolutely sick comebacks from both Lythero and Nutrient in different matches (Nutrient with the Cap comeback vs 3 characters, no xfactor! Was unreal).

SF4: Myself, Ramza and Chunkis all made it to top 32 (second group stage) and were then knocked out.

UMVC3 singles: Lythero 5th, Nutrient 13th.

Might be missing one or two things, not sure.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Cheers Affro, the tournament was brilliant. Thanks again for everything, ye Scots are a sound lot.

To summarise the Irish results:

3rd Strike teams: 1st place

UMVC3 teams: 4th place (we got DQed first round of winners, losers bracket all the way to semis). Absolutely sick comebacks from both Lythero and Nutrient in different matches (Nutrient with the Cap comeback vs 3 characters, no xfactor! Was unreal).

SF4: Myself, Ramza and Chunkis all made it to top 32 (second group stage) and were then knocked out.

UMVC3 singles: Lythero 5th, Nutrient 13th.

Might be missing one or two things, not sure.

Damn I thought I came 12th:/

Got randomed out in losers by a fraudulant Dark Phoenix player of all things.

Dreddy won a match in marvel with no H button configed which was gdlk lol

Scotland defo has at least 4 good marvel players, [rest were top-tier frauds:p] fecking Vergil with Doom's Molecular shield assist.
    We'll have some video footage of the trip eventually so look forward to that.

Have some work to do, work on Zero match up and random Phoenix hypers:/

P.S

Doyler let down the Marvel team...Big Style :p

After 4th place in double elim results it goes up in odd numbers (5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th etc.).

Just home now

Chuffed with the result! Really happy about beating Ryan, I cannot say at all I am a better player than him but on the day I feel I played my best and we 100% deserved to win. I had a lot of fun at this event, it was definitely great craic and I feel I levelled up just from playing lots of SFIV casuals

Ye lads were so sound, really helpful staff and the venue was great. I'm going to post up this stuff and more in the feedback thread on VS so as to not clog this thread

Off to sleep now, zzzz

Manchester lads are all really sound btw Emsixteen. Was hanging out with them for a good part of the weekend. Sick players and cool people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Ramza wrote: »
    Chuffed with the result! Really happy about beating Ryan, I cannot say at all I am a better player than him but on the day I feel I played my best and we 100% deserved to win.

That was so hype to watch live man. Congrats!

I have no idea how you kept your nerve. I was watching it eating my lunch and in the last round of the last match, my hands were shaking :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yeah it was great match. Parrying the ex tatsu in the air to stay alive was awesome. Massive props to the three of you.

• Advertisement

I respect Ryan tonnes and sitting down to play him wasn't scary as I thought. I just visioned him as another obstacle, but one I couldn't either underestimate or overestimate (both to my own peril). It was mental and I just sat down and seperated the player from the game and didn't let it mind **** me. I wasn't really shaky or very nervous at all, I just played how I would against Ken, and won. It was amazing. Sure I was a little nervous, since it was a final, but I took chunkis' advice he gave me loads before that I can't let the stature of my opponent mind**** me before the match even starts, and I didn't :)

Advertisement