Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best phone company to go with?

Options
  • 22-02-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Hey all, ive been a vodafone customer for as long as ive owned a phone. Always been a pay as you go person though.

Recently though ive been thinking how damn expensive Vodafone are compared to the rest and never seem to offer anything extra.

I get by spending 30 euro a month that gives me free calls/texts vodafone to vodafone and free internet for 30 days although the useage limit is tiny afaik.

A friend mentioned I should join meteors monthly bill for 15 euro a month.

Anyone got other suggestions/reasons I should or should not leave vodafone/go with someone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is there any way to check my useage on pay as you go with vodafone? Cant find anything on there website :S

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

IMO any of the other networks are better than Voda. Your best option would be to get a sim from the other networks and try them out where you work and play and satisfy yourself that reception is up to scratch.

joe123 wrote: »
    Is there any way to check my useage on pay as you go with vodafone? Cant find anything on there website :S

Call them up and ask them for your usage over last three months
    IMO any of the other networks are better than Voda. Your best option would be to get a sim from the other networks and try them out where you work and play and satisfy yourself that reception is up to scratch.

The grass is always greener, but a great idea to get the other sims to try, Tesco kindly put some money on my card in order I could try it out before signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

The Grass may not always be greener, but as a Vodafone customer for over 10 years, its certainly looking it for me.

They advertise the top network in the country, but give some of the lowest limits. I recently aired my grevences to their support recently. And was told this is how it works with vodafone.

As for comparison, They have the lowest data limits of ANY of the providers and they have some of the most expensive plans. They just aint cutting the mustard any more.

That call costs.ie is a good shout, stick in your details of what you use mins texts data etc. And it will give you options best priced for you. For me, Vodafone has never come up on my list, nor has O2 to be fair.

Edit, in the spirit of fairness i hadn't looked at o2's plans so i just did. Their equally as over priced and lacking in any benefit/substance. How can the two biggest network operators be so off the mark in pricing, considering many of their competitors are leasing network usage off them. Is it just complacency, We've got the customers so deal with it attitude or what i wonder ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

48months.ie, you must tell them you are 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    48months.ie, you must tell them you are 18.

Agree with you on 48months for €10 subscription a month you get 3000 min in calls + 20 min landlines and 50000 txt but data from the 1st of march is charge at €1 per hour (time it takes for page load not the time you spend reading it) so not best plan for smart phone users.

I think for OP Meteor and 3 could be best options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Thanks guys, looking like im going to switch to meteor's 15 euro a month rolling contract. Vodafone are simply awful. I sent them an email asking why should I stay with them and have the any offers lined up and I got some mass template reply that had nothing to do with my question!

The Grass may not always be greener, but as a Vodafone customer for over 10 years, its certainly looking it for me.

My point.

I was with esat/o2 for 16 years and changed to "3" - worst thing I ever did, back with Tesco (o2 network) and couldn't be happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Vodafone are expensive, but have the best network and support.

3 are least expensive, but have the worst network and support.

Meteor were pretty good when I was with them, I switched to Vodafone for better international roaming data rates. Hilariously 3 offer the best international service, but in Ireland they are useless so not an option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement