Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a chicken run

Options
  • 22-02-2012 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Howdy all :)

Im thinking of building a chicken run out the back and before I dedicate myself completely I am just looking for a rough price on the complete cost of the project. I have been looking online and cant find any accurate prices :confused:

I have the price for chicken wire and thats it.

Can anyone tell me how much I can expect to pay for corrugated steel per sheet? and also How much can I expect to pay for 1x4 and 2x4 timber per length?

Any information would be great :)

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,048 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to Prices/costs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Howdy all :)

Im thinking of building a chicken run out the back and before I dedicate myself completely I am just looking for a rough price on the complete cost of the project. I have been looking online and cant find any accurate prices :confused:

I have the price for chicken wire and thats it.

Can anyone tell me how much I can expect to pay for corrugated steel per sheet? and also How much can I expect to pay for 1x4 and 2x4 timber per length?

Any information would be great :)

Thanks guys.

The last time I bought corrugated it was something like 6 or 8 euros per ft, for 8ft sheets, It depends on the length of the sheet and the width is usually 3ft, so if it was 6 per ft it would be 18 per sheet. I use lots of 3x1 fencing rails for building chicken runs, they are about 4.50 each and they are treated so will last a lot longer outside than untreated wood.

Advertisement