Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the readers of PC Gamer

Options
  • 22-02-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi,
    I hope I'm not violating the rules with this post. In March issue of PC Gamer there's a code for the game World of Tanks. If anyone has such code, but doesn't need it, I'd be happy to take it. :)
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

I have the PDF of the magazine, where is the code? My friend works for the magazine, I can ask him if he can get you a code. I dont know if he will be able to, but you never know!

In fact, if you look at the Battlefield 3 guide, you can see my clan photos. You can see me, djrichardgrant, in almost all the screenies! My claim to fame :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

awwww ya I'd love a code aswell ! Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

go to shop..smart phone..flash!
    sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

Skerries wrote: »
    go to shop..smart phone..flash!
    sorted

I don't recommend doing it. That would be unfair, as you'd be stealing the code from someone who might have bought the magazine on purpose. Then he'd try to redeem it, it would fail, he would complain with Support and they'll be able to find out who used it first. You risk to be banned for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

I think pc gamer usually comes plastic bagged, to avoid that sorta thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

plus the mag is sealed I think :P :(

Wossack wrote: »
    I think pc gamer usually comes plastic bagged, to avoid that sorta thing
    plus the mag is sealed I think :P :(

Actually, the magazine is not sealed, but I still don't recommend stealing the codes as it would be unfair and risky. The reason why I don't buy it is that I don't read it and it's more expensive than the bonus code they give with it (nice exchange rate, 6 GBP = 8.79 Euro in Tesco).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is the game not free?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Is the game not free?

It is, but certain extras are not. With the code from PC Gamer one can get some in-game currency that can be used to purchase some of these extras.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Is the game not free?
    The game is free but uses micro transaction revolving around gold (which you can buy with $) to allow you to buy premium status (+50% exp and cash) for a time period or other in game benefits.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Sorry guys. They are not able to access anymore codes for free cash. Apparently people have been asking all the time for them! There was a limited number available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

It's such a cool little game ...can't wait for the World of Planes too ..looks unreal.

djrichard wrote: »
    Sorry guys. They are not able to access anymore codes for free cash. Apparently people have been asking all the time for them! There was a limited number available.

I just tried my code and got the 1500 points

Skerries wrote: »
    I just tried my code and got the 1500 points

What djrichard meant was that his friend, who works for PC Gamer, could not give away any free codes anymore. Of course, the ones found in the magazine will work (because you bought it, didn't you? :D).

yes. yes I did!
    it's too awkward using my laptop while having a dump

Advertisement