Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

northern parking ticket

• 22-02-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭

hi

i was in belfast 2 weeks ago today and got a parking fine (i had paid but seems i was in a loading bay even tho i saw no signs of it)
    so i got a fine of 60 but 30 if i paid within 2 weeks. i tried to pay it online today but it wouldnt work for me..

my question is if i ignore it at this stage what will happen

thanks..
    j

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

jdesbt wrote: »
    hi

i was in belfast 2 weeks ago today and got a parking fine (i had paid but seems i was in a loading bay even tho i saw no signs of it)
    so i got a fine of 60 but 30 if i paid within 2 weeks. i tried to pay it online today but it wouldnt work for me..

my question is if i ignore it at this stage what will happen

thanks..
    j

It will go up to 60
    Yeah that sounds right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭jdesbt

what will happen if i dont pay it..

i forgot to say im from yhe south and it was a southern car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

If there is a telephone number on the ticket, ring it.

BUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I IGNORE IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

What will happen if you ignore it is if you go to the north again and are stopped by the PSNI they will check and see you've an outstanding ticket. You will be arrested and brought to a police station where you will have to pay the fine(plus any other penalties that arise out of not paying a ticket in the north). Person i know had this happen to them and a £30 parking ticket turned into nearly £200 when penalties were attached.

• Advertisement

THANKS FOR THE INFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Gene Hunt

I suggest you pay the fine, cars from Southern Ireland are logged on the PSNI ANPR data base once an offence is commited or a verbal warning has been given by an police officer to a driver, your vehicle will be flagged should you not pay once a police car meets your car on the road in Northern Ireland ,they will clamp your vehicle there and then and they have even started to 'sell' your fine on to debt collectors due to the amount of South cars not paying fines.
    It's easier just to pay however you are intitled to appeal the fine if you feel you have been fined in the wrong.
    Gene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    What will happen if you ignore it is if you go to the north again and are stopped by the PSNI they will check and see you've an outstanding ticket. You will be arrested and brought to a police station where you will have to pay the fine(plus any other penalties that arise out of not paying a ticket in the north). Person i know had this happen to them and a £30 parking ticket turned into nearly £200 when penalties were attached.

If your car is old, transfer the registration i.e. sell it to someone with the same name and same address, could be your child or parent perhaps....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    But if the car is sold, they would have no way of knowing.

In any event there is no way the PSNI will get involved in a council parking matter.

I would ignore it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

If your car is old, transfer the registration i.e. sell it to someone with the same name and same address, could be your child or parent perhaps....

All that hassle for a £30 fine????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

BrianD wrote: »
    All that hassle for a £30 fine????
    Does this work!? What hassle is it? Just the price of a postage stamp!

No need to do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

No need to do anything.

Fair enough if he has no intention of ever visiting NI again, but if he does intend to go back then he should ba warned that if the Police ever stop him & discover who he is, then (as others have said), he will be arrested & brought to the local Police station & charged with parking fine evasion!

Bull. The police have no role in decriminalised parking matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

OK, I stand corrected.

im rarely in the north and i genuinly think i was wrongly fined or at least harshly fined so i think i will ignore it.

id say it would be way too much hassle to apeal it.

thanks guys

Advertisement