Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. James Hospital visiting hours

Options
  • 22-02-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,

I just checked the website of St. James hospital for their visiting hours and it says the evening hours are 7-8pm. Does anyone know if this is strictly enforced?

If I was to visit around 5-5.30pm do you think I'd be asked to leave?

I know some hospitals don't really enforce it so just wanted to see if St James is the same.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

lou9 wrote: »
    Hi,

I just checked the website of St. James hospital for their visiting hours and it says the evening hours are 7-8pm. Does anyone know if this is strictly enforced?

I know some hospitals don't really enforce it so just wanted to see if St James is the same.

Thanks!

I'd imagine 5.00/5.30 would be meal time for the patients, staff prefer to have the wards closed at this time, I thought evening visiting time was 6-8 though. I could be wrong on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Hi,

Thanks!

It depends on the ward, whether it's a normal ward, high dependency or Intensive care. For the latter two visiting times are restricted for obvious reasons. Between 5 & 6 is teatime IIRC. Also you may want to ring to check if there are any restrictions. In January there were a couple of wards with restrictions due to winter vomiting bug AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Hi,

Thanks!

What ward are you going to? If it's ICU they have become quite strict with visiting, unless you are next of kin they won't let people in outside visiting hours.

As far as I know the vomiting bug isn't in any wards at the moment, but they are still on alert.

Usually meds are around 4 /4.30 and then it's time for food around 5 / 5.30.

Visiting is 2.30 to 3.30, then 7 to 8 they prefer if people stick to that

It depends on the ward and patient your visiting, I've a relative in over 7 months, extremely ill and been in an out of ICU, as that person is so sick, the nurses are not as strict, but they don't allow any more than 2 people at a time visit the patient.

Which ward are you visiting? Is the patient your visiting severely ill?

Advertisement