Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking For William Street?

• 22-02-2012 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all

I am not very familar with the area but must go down to the above location Friday Morning - Can anyone advise where and how i can get to the closet carpark?

Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

There a car park between Thomas St and Roches St, that may be the best option for you.

Entrance off Anne St - google maps link here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I would park in Cornmarket Car Park. It's on the street parallel to William street (See link below).

http://www.parkopedia.ie/parking/carpark/cornmarket_square/limerick/

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    I would park in Cornmarket Car Park. It's on the street parallel to William street (See link below).

http://www.parkopedia.ie/parking/carpark/cornmarket_square/limerick/

OP's location is down as Cork, if that is their location then I thought Cornmarket would be more difficult to get to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

phog wrote: »
    OP's location is down as Cork, if that is their location then I thought Cornmarket would be more difficult to get to.

if so they travell all the way from cork to turn around and go "im not driving down one extra block...............................":rolleyes:

sat navs are great. there are loads of carparks OP and they are in the link above. dont worry with the new road system in limerick it is very hard to get lost. you may take a wrong turn but dont worry you wont get lost

Icky Thump wrote: »
    if so they travell all the way from cork to turn around and go "im not driving down one extra block...............................":rolleyes:

sat navs are great. there are loads of carparks OP and they are in the link above. dont worry with the new road system in limerick it is very hard to get lost. you may take a wrong turn but dont worry you wont get lost

It's not just the extra block, it's the convenience of getting to ad from the car park, narrower streets, the build-up of traffic on Wickham St, it's trying to find your way back onto a national route again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I think Cornmarket would be handy enough to get to. I would suggest the route in the link below

http://g.co/maps/7cd6n

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Leave it on the taxi rank :pac:

phog wrote: »
    It's not just the extra block, it's the convenience of getting to ad from the car park, narrower streets, the build-up of traffic on Wickham St, it's trying to find your way back onto a national route again.

first
    up wiliam stret -

for thomes street carpark go all the way up to the "3 banks intesction" turn right and follow the route down upper graten street onto roches street and turn right we you see the carpark. when leaving just come out turn back onto roches street and your more a less back on route.

for cornmarket. go all the way up william street take first left, take next left. your ther when leaving just follow the road around the block opposite nancys/smiths and your back to patrick street/o connel street.

simples

doesnt really make a difference othe than opinions
    my motto is always trust Tom.....................Tom...............:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Op I know you're getting a lot of different options here, but the easiest way to get parking coming from Cork, is take the M20 in as far as the intersection with the M7/N18, keep left for N18 and take N18 to next exit (Dock Road interchange) Take signs for City (will bring you back under Dual carriageway) Follow that road straight in until you see the river.

When you see the river you'll have a roundabout in front of you, take right hand lane and go straight through the roundabout, follow the quays for 4 blocks and there's a car park on your right. (Basically get off the Dual carriage way and keep going straight until you see a car park to your right)

Exit on foot through front of car park, cross road onto Bedford Row (pedestrian street), at top of Bedford Row take left and next right, you're now on William Street. If you don't know Limerick well, then this is the easiest option for you. (walk time to William Street from car park is about 1.5-2 minutes)

Then to get back to Cork you do the reverse.

source wrote: »
    Op I know you're getting a lot of different options here, but the easiest way to get parking coming from Cork, is take the M20 in as far as the intersection with the M7/N18, keep left for N18 and take N18 to next exit (Dock Road interchange) Take signs for City (will bring you back under Dual carriageway) Follow that road straight in until you see the river.

When you see the river you'll have a roundabout in front of you, take right hand lane and go straight through the roundabout, follow the quays for 4 blocks and there's a car park on your right. (Basically get off the Dual carriage way and keep going straight until you see a car park to your right)

Exit on foot through front of car park, cross road onto Bedford Row (pedestrian street), at top of Bedford Row take left and next right, you're now on William Street. If you don't know Limerick well, then this is the easiest option for you. (walk time to William Street from car park is about 1.5-2 minutes)

Then to get back to Cork you do the reverse.

revere the whole way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Icky Thump wrote: »
    revere the whole way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Yeah, backwards is the only way to travel!

Advertisement