Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV SHOW: AMERICAN GUNS

Options
  • 22-02-2012 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

New tv about to start on Discovery channel now 10pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

The women! :O

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

Dont really remember a whole lot about the guns to be honest :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Its a much better show than Sons Of Guns, they deal with more actual guns than the away with the fairies stuff that Red Jacket make.

When Rich Wyatt said "we got to hit it, we got to hit it hard" there was only one thing on my mind. Paige. & Renee. Hmmmm. Ya they've got fierce long necks but I can overlook that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

i have to say that rich wrecks my head when he does his big dramatic fake laugh though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Boths shows are retarded, entertaining but retarded.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

some big money exchanged last night for old guns good though but lock,n,load was better craic

cushcam wrote: »
    i have to say that rich wrecks my head when he does his big dramatic fake laugh though

If I owned a gun store, can shove bundles of notes into a bag on demand, hire a helicoptor to travel to appointments and my wife looks as good AND as young as my daughter I'd laugh whatever way I liked
    Boths shows are retarded, entertaining but retarded.:rolleyes:
    Yes but they're Americans and made for american tv so has to be sexed up and overly dramatic. But it shows the workings of a gun store and gunsmith which i find interesting. And it has guns and girls, which can't be bad. There's not nearly enough gun related shows on tv so anything is a plus.

I'd love to see a show about custom rifle makers, be it hunting or target. along the lines of what Fergal White and Enda Walsh do.

I thought it was funny when Rich was with the wealthy guy and he says I know your 6 winchesters are worth $30k so how about I give you $10k and this horrid blue and pink .50cal which I happen to have with me. The neck:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

speaking of the son of guns show.....they lost their firearms license after an inspection recently.....several military grade weapons were unaccounted for......it think the show will continue but they had to sell the workshop to a 3rd party to get issued a new license

Wow interesting :eek:

I found it hard to believe they were able to shoot off a grenade launcher attached to an AR-15 in the shop parking lot....even if it was only a pyrotechnic.....and in America :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

I have to say American Guns seemed a million times better than that Sons of Guns crap. If you keep watching the series you will see some fabulous firearms. The build a Henry yellow from a solid piece of brass in one episode!

Another fantastic show for any gun enthusiast is Top Shot, made by the history channel.

For those not familiar with the show, it's a competition for elite hunters, law enforcerment, military personal and anyone with high levels of experience with weapons.......they are tested on all aspects, from longrange shooting to quick draw with just about any weapon.....last episode i saw they even were throwing stones at one point....but it wasn't long before they were running through an obstacle course with an AK-47 in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Another fantastic show for any gun enthusiast is Top Shot, made by the history channel.

For those not familiar with the show, it's a competition for elite hunters, law enforcerment, military personal and anyone with high levels of experience with weapons.......they are tested on all aspects, from longrange shooting to quick draw with just about any weapon.....last episode i saw they even were throwing stones at one point....but it wasn't long before they were running through an obstacle course with an AK-47 in hand

Yeah, but they're mostly awful shots. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Yeah, but they're mostly awful shots. :p

I've only seen one episode of this; they were using military rifles of all eras. I was a bit surprised at just how bad some of them were! Maybe it should have been called 'crap shot'?

worth noting......most of the competitors are self-proclaimed "top-shots"

Top shot was absolutely crap ! It was like Big Brother with guns sometimes :rolleyes:
    Some of the challenges had very little to do with shooting.

top guns is a spin off from top shot presented by the same guy, but it's much better. each episode it focuses on three guns which a marksman and an expert on said guns use them and discuss there strengths and weaknesses with little shootout at the end.

there has only been two episodes aired so far but it's well worth downloading

i've even done the hard part for you :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSBM5d0UHuk&feature=channel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

There is three seasons to Top Shot, I've watched em all online! :D

Some of the shoots arn't great but there is some very good ones too! I enjoyed it ne way!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

Our gallery rifle and WA1500 shooters would make a show of them all :D

• Advertisement

patsat wrote: »
    There is three seasons to Top Shot, I've watched em all online! :D

Some of the shoots arn't great but there is some very good ones too! I enjoyed it ne way!

the fourth season has started now too and it looks to be a good one already

Kryten wrote: »

talk is cheap!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

The proof is in the result sheets and medals :D See www.nasrpc.ie and last years Phoenix shoot in Bisley.

Still ,Top shot is entertaining and it has guns ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Pffft. You wouldn't need to go that far. Any of the complete newbies in their first air pistol match here outshoots half the people that have been on that show.

Here's a question for you - why, in three seasons, have we only seen two or three national level US shooters involved? How hard would it be to get some of the US ISSF, IPSC, NRA, IDPA, CAS and other shooters and have them compete? That might be interesting; but this "pick a gun, pick a jamjar and pick a range" carp is just.... well, it left me thinking "that's half an hour of my life I can never get back" and if I wanted that, I'd talk shooting admin politics with someone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Sparks wrote: »
    Pffft. You wouldn't need to go that far. Any of the complete newbies in their first air pistol match here outshoots half the people that have been on that show.

Here's a question for you - why, in three seasons, have we only seen two or three national level US shooters involved? How hard would it be to get some of the US ISSF, IPSC, NRA, IDPA, CAS and other shooters and have them compete? That might be interesting; but this "pick a gun, pick a jamjar and pick a range" carp is just.... well, it left me thinking "that's half an hour of my life I can never get back" and if I wanted that, I'd talk shooting admin politics with someone :D

It does kinda scream "Here, hold my beer and watch this!" doesn't it? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I always figured there was a reason the finals were shot from a mocked-up bar allright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Wow interesting :eek:

I found it hard to believe they were able to shoot off a grenade launcher attached to an AR-15 in the shop parking lot....even if it was only a pyrotechnic.....and in America :cool:

Not even close.......

Any 40mm M203 grenade launcher is classed as a Destructive Device in the US. Some states allow civilians to habe them, some dont. Those that do are subject to stringent ATF laws that even to have them if you can affort the cost of HE rounds ( when they rarely appear on the market) each round is subject to individual ATF tax stamp of $200.

What Sons of Guns shot was a 37mm flare gun, (it can be seen as he rumages through a box of flares) its close but no cookie ! As its a flare gun it requires alot less paperwork/money/time than a DD so there are several companies making 37mm flare guns to look like M203s, Spikes Tactical being one.

Your talking about chalk and cheese..... this show is entertainment and nothing more so the "Them" that you mention generally arent into the same type of shooting that is popular or "normal" in Ireland. Most of what Sons of Guns do is drama and bollocks. Put American gallery rifle/WA1500 shooters up against Irish and wed be destroyed because the US has a massive population/facilities advantage over Ireland.

GH

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

"Yes but they're Americans and made for american tv so has to be sexed up and overly dramatic."

Being American in America, I totally agree with that statement, wish it were not so but they feel obligated for the ratings, not sure where all this "reality" trend is headed, but I don't like it.

However on this one they have some decent smiths in the shop, do some nice work, deal in some really nice hardware. Rich is pretty technically savvy in his own right, an ex cop and not a bad guy. They are out in Denver, CO in my old stomping grounds, I have family there and they say the shop is really nice with nice people running it. Paige is a hotty, but a little young and I would not be putting my daughter out there like that, but she does look good with pistol strapped on. Were she my daughter I would be following her around with the 12 ga :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

"Here's a question for you - why, in three seasons, have we only seen two or three national level US shooters involved? How hard would it be to get some of the US ISSF, IPSC, NRA, IDPA, CAS and other shooters and have them compete?"

Mr. Sparks, see link below, this is much more your cup of tea, perhaps you were aware of this already. The Outdoor Channel has "Wed Night at the Range" series of shows. Several showcase the top competitors in various fields, entertaining and educational in most cases. These are the shows I record and watch more than the "regular" cable reality stuff. Not sure if you can get Outdoor Channel over there.

http://outdoorchannel.com/ProgramBlocks/WednesdayNightAtTheRange.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

:D Probably not the right forum but has anybody seen 'American guns' on discovery at 10.00 Wed nights.?
    Check it out ( no, not the blonde mother and daughter )
    It features a family of real gunsmiths who actually take us through making a gun from scratch.Tonight it was a colt .45 made for a 'preacher' for a mere $10,000 and he was getting a bargin price !
    A couple of Barrett .50 cals were being engraved for good measure.
    Its the best of the 'gun' programmes imho and makes me seriously want to emigrate to the good ol US of A.!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement