Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employment Duties Question

Options
  • 22-02-2012 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, i have a question and hope someone can help. I work in sales and receive commission as well as my basic pay.
    I have been doing so admin work as part of my job for the last year and receiving extra pay for it. There was no additional contract for this and was an arrangement between the boss and myself. The boss has now left and the admin work has been taken away from me with no warning.
    I have been told by a third party that as i was doing this job as part of my duties for more than 1 month that it now was part of my duties and cant be just taken away.
    Im not sure where i stand, should i have been given notice of this or a consultation period.
    Am i entitled to continue doing this extra work or can the management just give and take duties as they see fit?

Amy

Advertisement