Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cot bedding help?

Options
  • 22-02-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

hi guys im lookin for nursery cot bedding preferably vintage or beatrix potter/peter rabbit style nuetral colours but cant seem to find any reasonable on line stores? any help on this would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

try linenstore.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

think i saw some on littlewoods as well.
    I know I've seen beatrix potter somewhere before but not sure where... it could have been littlewoods. ill have a root and see if i can find it again :)

Edit: yep, there's peter rabbit on littlewoods, but it is expensive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

cant believe how expensive cot bed covers are, i bought 4 fitted sheets for the mattress and made 2 quilts and 1 pair of curtains, cost me €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭jakko86

thanks guys were expecting our first in may and getting our nursery ready and thats the theme but ya shocking expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

the all around bumpers for the cots are really expensive, everywhere I look, they are go from 84euros upwards, like they know people have new babies and can't afford stuff, I have to make up my own for now with rolled up fleece blankets tied up along the bars I know its not much for now, but the little ones are not stretching hopefully i will be able to find somewhere that sells the bumper cheap...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

purplecat wrote: »
    the all around bumpers for the cots are really expensive, everywhere I look, they are go from 84euros upwards, like they know people have new babies and can't afford stuff, I have to make up my own for now with rolled up fleece blankets tied up along the bars I know its not much for now, but the little ones are not stretching hopefully i will be able to find somewhere that sells the bumper cheap...

Do you need the bumpers or is it just for the look? Babies really don't move that much when they're tiny and I'm sure I ready somewhere that they may actually be a hazard.

OP, you can do a great job on a nursery just using wall stickers or pictures and one or two pieces of bedding, without having to go the whole hog with themed sheets, curtains and borders.

Do you need the bumpers or is it just for the look? Babies really don't move that much when they're tiny and I'm sure I ready somewhere that they may actually be a hazard.

The bumper isnt for look, its just that i worry that they might get cold, in the cot, so the bumper would protect them from the cold.

The bumper isnt for look, its just that i worry that they might get cold, in the cot, so the bumper would protect them from the cold.

Oh, I thought most people got them because they were afraid of the baby hitting off the cot bars!

Unless you're living in an ice-cold house, you don't need extra material in a confined space with baby. What a baby needs is a vest, sleepsuit and to be swaddled in cellular blankets, which are breathable and layerable (babies can't regulate their temperature and fleece only keeps the heat in, leaving the baby in danger of overheating). Baby being overheated is a far greater danger than him/her being cold.

There's advice here from the nhs, which doesn't recommend the use of bumpers at all.

It's very easy when planning for a newborn to get carried away with planning and the shopping. Baby is probably going to be in with you for the first few months, so having the nursery finished is not a necessity. I found planning and decorating my wee man's room a great project during my maternity leave. 3 of my friends had unoccupied fully-furnished nurseries for 6 months and one has still to get her 1 year old out of her own room!

Oh, I thought most people got them because they were afraid of the baby hitting off the cot bars!

Unless you're living in an ice-cold house, you don't need extra material in a confined space with baby.

It's very easy when planning for a newborn to get carried away with planning and the shopping. Baby is probably going to be in with you for the first few months, so having the nursery finished is not a necessity. I found planning and decorating my wee man's room a great project during my maternity leave. 3 of my friends had unoccupied fully-furnished nurseries for 6 months and one has still to get her 1 year old out of her own room!

Nope Don't live in an ice cold house... and nope didn't have time to shop and get carried away as my baby was born very early, to think that far ahead.. and nope didn't spend my maternity leave decorating a nursery, because I spend most it in SCBU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Bumpers aren't for keeping heat in, they are to stop babies hitting off the bars as mentioned.

• Advertisement

Nope Don't live in an ice cold house... and nope didn't have time to shop and get carried away as my baby was born very early, to think that far ahead.. and nope didn't spend my maternity leave decorating a nursery, because I spend most it in SCBU.

Didn't realise you'd already had your baby - congrats, must have been a tough time in SCBU though. I didn't think the hospital would recommend bumpers for an early baby.

I only mention the shopping because I got a bit carried away myself and realised after a few weeks that all the wee man needed was the cellular blankets, I ended up returning a pile of stuff! This time around I have no shopping to do!

no hospital, Don't recommend anything. Only the cellular blankets, they never really existed about 20 years ago, and now all of sudden, they are the in thing . first babies not too sure what they are suppose to have or not have, Granny said to get bumper to keep the cold out.! as tots are small, - thanks though for the advise. Yes SCBU, is frightening experiences The staff there do a great job. speaking of shopping the best thing to buy and buy in bulk is washing powder its must!!!

Advertisement