Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Loving lilyhammer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

watched An Unfinished Life (2005) the other day..

i'm not a fan of too emotional movies but this drama is of a good kind.
    some scenes like hit me in the throat, meaning i found them genuinely moving..

loved the cast too, Jennifer Lopez, Robert Redford and Morgan Freeman among others...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,066 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm new to netflix but I'm loving the walking dead !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Just watched "Barbara" on Netflix Canada/usa . it's set in early 1980s DDR/GDR. It's a good movie.

Also watched "remembrance"recently. It's about a man and a woman who escape from a Nazi concentration camp. Excellent film.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

ezra_pound wrote: »
    Just watched "Barbara" on Netflix Canada/usa . it's set in early 1980s DDR/GDR. It's a good movie.

Also watched "remembrance"recently. It's about a man and a woman who escape from a Nazi concentration camp. Excellent film.

Watching remembrance now.its great.thanks op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DB83

Watched a documentary called Mortified Nation recently... very funny. It's about a show in the US that invites the public to read extracts from their childhood diaries to an audience... absolutely cringe-tastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Frankie Boyle - the age of Sodom is brilliant. Love his humour - the Michael Jackson children hospital is a laugh.

Watched some female American comic too last night think it was something Shannon with the word Irish in the title. Not bad either.

Anyone recommend other good stand up's on it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

europa report is pretty good. Worth the watch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Warper wrote: »
    Frankie Boyle - the age of Sodom is brilliant. Love his humour - the Michael Jackson children hospital is a laugh.

Watched some female American comic too last night think it was something Shannon with the word Irish in the title. Not bad either.

Try Louis C.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭deisedude

If you like Frankie Boyle i think you'd like Steve Hughes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Hola stopped working for anyone else on Chrome?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DB83

vidor wrote: »
    Hola stopped working for anyone else on Chrome?

Having the same problem the last few months, pages just won't load. Anyone know how to fix it or a working alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

George Carlin (if his stuff is still on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Status Offline

George Carlin (if his stuff is still on it).

or Doug Stanhope's earlier stuff is very good as well.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,259 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV

Mike Birbiglia is worth a look, this was added recently and it's great: http://www2.netflix.com/WiMovie/70279934

Filth was added to the Irish site in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I stumbled upon Bill Burr on Netflix awhile back. I think he's got 2 or 3 three stand up gigs on Netflix. Loved each and every one of his gigs. Highly recommend checking him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,588 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Some stuff arriving on Netflix Ireland/UK August.

1st - The Killing (season 4)
    2nd - Betty Blue
    8th - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
    14th - Bates Motel (season 1)
    18th - Blue is the Warmest Colour
    22nd - Bojack Horseman (netflix original)
    29th - Dreamgirls

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭CiaranW

2nd - Betty Blue
    29th - Dreamgirls

Looking forward to seeing the Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.
    I fell asleep in the cinema after a rough day in work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Netflix really needs to add something that shows you what will be added each month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

CiaranW wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing the Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.
    I fell asleep in the cinema after a rough day in work!
    I fell asleep in the cinema and it was a day off and I'd just had a red bull.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

e_e wrote: »
    I fell asleep in the cinema and it was a day off and I'd just had a red bull.

I fell asleep during the first LOTR film and never bothered going back for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭CiaranW

I fell asleep during the first LOTR film and never bothered going back for more.

Ah you should, they're brilliant despite the sleeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Total Recall (Colin Farrell) was added to Canadian netflix yesterday

Seaon 3 of Continuum added to Netflix US.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I honestly fell asleep in my only attempts to watch both of the first two LOTR films. Never bothered with the third.

All three are on Netflix in one country or other so I am tempted to give them all another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Netflix really needs to add something that shows you what will be added each month.

plenty of sites list the upcoming months additions

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/new-netflix-releases-the-films-and-tv-shows-coming-august-2014-9637984.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭flazio

2nd - Betty Blue
    29th - Dreamgirls
    What's your source for this information?

flazio wrote: »
    What's your source for this information?

Netflix on Twitter & Facebook and have a look at the link in the post above your one the newspaper.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ooh Orphan Black - I have heard things that are good about that!

Kudos to Artifical Eye (distributors of Blue is the Warnesr Colour), they seem to be onboard with the whole Netflix thing even though they run their own on demand service. There'd be few recent foreign films of note on there if it wasn't for their contributions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Ooh Orphan Black - I have heard things that are good about that!

Kudos to Artifical Eye (distributors of Blue is the Warnesr Colour), they seem to be onboard with the whole Netflix thing even though they run their own on demand service. There'd be few recent foreign films of note on there if it wasn't for their contributions.

Yeah, only watched one season of Orphan Black, it's a fantastic show. The lead actress is class in it (and quite pleasing on the eye too)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement